Is it finally ok to bench the scrub Fitpatrick?

drdetroit

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bench him, please.  What is the point at this point?  I don't care that the owner wants to win against this team or that team.  I don't care that the coach would rather be 6-10 versus 5-11.  Find a QB or be irrelevant for the next few years.  

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Just wonderin'

Thanks for creating this thread, cuz I was about to. Come Jan. 2, Fitz will never wear a Jets uniform again. What's the point? You spent a SECOND ROUND PICK on Christian Hackenberg, you have a string of meaningless games, and you're not even dressing him? Let him go out there and see what he can do. Will he make rookie mistakes? Of course! But what better time is there than now to let him make those mistakes and learn from them? Guess what? Despite a decent performance today, Fitz still doesn't give us the best chance to win. Has Bowles even seen his performance this season????

fitz wasn't the entire reason they lost.  how about the oline and dline play?  the oline was collapsing all over and that led to the final strip sack.  and they couldn't run block well enough to spring either powell or forte for more than a couple.  and the run game is supposed to set up play action.  there was no play action.  as for the dline how about getting some pressure on brady.  he had near zero pressure the whole second half.

ans what is with cj spiller?  that pass was right in his friggin hands.

the CBS crew spoke about this today, gonzalez said he hates young guys because he is playing for his stats, yards and catches (yes he admitted that) but he also said young QB's get guys laid out and hurt so veterans hate it 

bart scott said you can't do it until you are mathematically out of it, but its still a hard sell

cowher said fans don't like it, but the coach is going to play the starter and its been fitz all year

the fumble sucked, but there was plenty of blame to go around, fitz made some nice throws, benching him after that game would be a really really hard sell 

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

fitz wasn't the entire reason they lost.  how about the oline and dline play?  the oline was collapsing all over and that led to the final strip sack.  and they couldn't run block well enough to spring either powell or forte for more than a couple.  and the run game is supposed to set up play action.  there was no play action.  as for the dline how about getting some pressure on brady.  he had near zero pressure the whole second half.

ans what is with cj spiller?  that pass was right in his friggin hands.

That you Bowles? Who cares? Why do we care about winning at this point? We need to go all in now. Not be conservative. We needed to do that 2 weeks ago in fact. It's too late now. At least we could find out something about the future, and Bowles could learn how to play to win. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I cant wait to see Fitz get benched for the 3rd time this season. I couldnt have created this scenario any better lmao. 

No one cares about Ryan Fitzpatrick except you. So no one is going to be excited about this except you. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

That you Bowles? Who cares? Why do we care about winning at this point? We need to go all in now. Not be conservative. We needed to do that 2 weeks ago in fact. It's too late now. At least we could find out something about the future, and Bowles could learn how to play to win. 

no it's not me.  i have hair.  bowles wants to have a team that's just like the ones that rex had or herm or mangini or even parcells.  all of these guys were big on ball control but you can't play that way with such a bad oline and if the defense doesn't force turnovers then it's very hard to win.  the defense actually played well in the first half but didn't adjust in the second.  they needed to give the patsies pressure but it was limited.  and the secondary had trouble with anything that was mid range to deep.

too bad the season's over and we'll see if they do start petty or even hack.

8 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Fitz might not be in the NFL next year.

A sucker is born every minute.

Case in point; Macc, Bowles, Marshall, Decker, Mangold and many here all thought Fitz was good.

Hell, some here still think he's good.

Some other team will be dumb enough to sign him.  I hope.  Otherwise the Jets are the dumbest team in the game.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Many of us tried to tell all the Fitz supporters they failed to listen........

1.  There are no Fitz supporters. 

2.  He had the game won today and the D blew it. Just like Cincinnati, just like Miami.  

3.  The Jets would be 6-5 today if the D could manage a 4th quarter lead with under 5 minutes to go. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

1.  There are no Fitz supporters. 

2.  He had the game won today and the D blew it. Just like Cincinnati, just like Miami.  

3.  The Jets would be 6-5 today if the D could manage a 4th quarter lead with under 5 minutes to go. 

SAR I

Fitzpatrick FUMBLED the ball when the game was on the line just like the INTs he throws when it matters. 

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

A sucker is born every minute.

Case in point; Macc, Bowles, Marshall, Decker, Mangold and many here all thought Fitz was good.

Hell, some here still think he's good.

Some other team will be dumb enough to sign him.  I hope.  Otherwise the Jets are the dumbest team in the game.

Based on how he played last year Fitz was the logical guy to be the QB. No one could have imagined he would fall off so badly. Bowles is the one to answer for that, especially sticking with him when his track record is the kind of game he had today. Some good, just not good enough.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick FUMBLED the ball when the game was on the line just like the INTs he throws when it matters. 

That was not a fumble, it was a strip sack.  

I know you don't remember what one looks like considering our defense hasn't generated one since 1999. 

SAR I

Archived