Is it finally ok to bench the scrub Fitpatrick?

drdetroit

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, 8 losses and we are out of it he should be replaced for sure, I bet he isn't though.

As should Darrele Revis, mo wilkerson and a few other dbs'

Revis has actually be worse than fitzpatrick this year.  He gets owned by any scrub wr in this league.

He hasn't put out any effort this entire season. He used to be the surest tackler in the secondary and now he runs AWAY from contact. That should tell anyone who is cognizant of what this team thinks of Bowles. THEY DON'T RESPECT HIM AT ALL. Mo and Sheldon lay off for weeks are late to meetings and walk through's and he sits them for a quarter. Belichick would have packed their bags for them.

15 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Based on how he played last year Fitz was the logical guy to be the QB. No one could have imagined he would fall off so badly.

Hey, if it makes ya feel good to say that, cool.  Maybe also take comfort that most people thought the same.

But there were plenty who knew Fitz was/is dog $hit.

At this point all I can do is try my best to not care.  Until the Jets become competent again, no sense stressing the idiocy.

If they finally bench Fitz and play for the future now, maybe the remaining games can be fun.  Like meaningful preseason games.

29 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

A sucker is born every minute.

Case in point; Macc, Bowles, Marshall, Decker, Mangold and many here all thought Fitz was good.

Hell, some here still think he's good.

Some other team will be dumb enough to sign him.  I hope.  Otherwise the Jets are the dumbest team in the game.

Speaking of suckers being born every minute. Here's a thread of people who were suckered. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick FUMBLED the ball when the game was on the line just like the INTs he throws when it matters. 

The game is always in the balance. Fitz is literally not the only one to fumble it away today. 

40 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Fitz might not be in the NFL next year.

The only reason he wouldn't be in the NFL next year is if he decides to retire. He'll get a job elsewhere. 

49 minutes ago, rangerous said:

fitz wasn't the entire reason they lost.  how about the oline and dline play?  the oline was collapsing all over and that led to the final strip sack.  and they couldn't run block well enough to spring either powell or forte for more than a couple.  and the run game is supposed to set up play action.  there was no play action.  as for the dline how about getting some pressure on brady.  he had near zero pressure the whole second half.

ans what is with cj spiller?  that pass was right in his friggin hands.

The entire reason? 22/32 270 2 TD 0 INT dropped TD...this board is nuts.

I want Fitz benched as I have for weeks now but not because he played poorly in this particular game but because he played above average for him in 2016 and still only managed 17 points. We only needed 23 to win and we couldn't get it. He won't be here next year and we need to find out if the young guy's version of an above average game results in more production. Maybe we can build some chemistry with Hack or Petty for next year or if it goes south at least we know we need to get a QB with our top 5 pick.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

And based on the way the Jets are headed Fitz will be the starter again!!!!!!!

I wouldnt mind another year laughing at the people who actually defending this guy. It's not like we're ever winning a superbowl anyway, I figured that I just find a way to enjoy a 3-8 season! If we go 3-8 again, why not just reconfirm that Fitz is indeed RYAN FITZPATRICK! :D

6 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

The entire reason? 22/32 270 2 TD 0 INT dropped TD...this board is nuts.

Yea....he was not the reason the jets lost. Fitz sucks but it's apparent Petty isn't any better. Fans love the next man cause you dont see him that often....if they did, they would bitch about him too.

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

Toilet, the clueless, gutless, wonder will not bench fitzgarbage until at least the 9th loss and even then, I'm not sure he will.

IMG_3787.PNG

Not fair!!

Bubba knows that there are many kinds of shrimp.

Bowles only knows "there's Fitzpatrick, there's Ryan, there's the 'best chance to win...' there's 'we can do more with him'..."

35 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Look I'm not gonna bash Fitzpatrick but there are ZERO reasons to start him anymore.  The season is over, he wont be here next year, and how can we ever try to develop and QB unless we give them some time to play. 

I agree with this.  Fitz is gone after this season and they need to evaluate Petty to see if he's the guy.

8 minutes ago, Jet in PA said:

I want Fitz benched as I have for weeks now but not because he played poorly in this particular game but because he played above average for him in 2016 and still only managed 17 points. We only needed 23 to win and we couldn't get it. He won't be here next year and we need to find out if the young guy's version of an above average game results in more production. Maybe we can build some chemistry with Hack or Petty for next year or if it goes south at least we know we need to get a QB with our top 5 pick.

Let's see...dropped deep pass for TD, fumble on good drive and blocked field goal? Explain why only seventeen points maybe? The Pats got a whopping 22 and needed a game changing turnover and a number of calls from the refs.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Agree smartest thing you've posted in awhile. 

Why spend all that money on garbage. 

He is among the biggest idiots on this forum. So, maybe you have better use for your time than arguing with him.

Just saying...engaging with him really just lessens your own stature.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

the CBS crew spoke about this today, gonzalez said he hates young guys because he is playing for his stats, yards and catches (yes he admitted that) but he also said young QB's get guys laid out and hurt so veterans hate it 

bart scott said you can't do it until you are mathematically out of it, but its still a hard sell

cowher said fans don't like it, but the coach is going to play the starter and its been fitz all year

the fumble sucked, but there was plenty of blame to go around, fitz made some nice throws, benching him after that game would be a really really hard sell 

Pretty sure we ARE mathematically eliminated, there is no scenario we get to the playoffs at 8-8.

25 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Yea....he was not the reason the jets lost. Fitz sucks but it's apparent Petty isn't any better. Fans love the next man cause you dont see him that often....if they did, they would bitch about him too.

And you know this from a single start by a 2nd year QB. FFS

"the CBS crew spoke about this today, gonzalez said he hates young guys because he is playing for his stats, yards and catches (yes he admitted that) but he also said young QB's get guys laid out and hurt so veterans hate it. bart scott said you can't do it until you are mathematically out of it, but its still a hard sell. cowher said fans don't like it, but the coach is going to play the starter and its been fitz all year the fumble sucked, but there was plenty of blame to go around, fitz made some nice throws, benching him after that game would be a really really hard sell"

So, wait, because some guys towed the company line TO PROMOTE A GAME THEY ARE CARRYING it's supposed to matter?

First of all, Fitzpatrick sucks. So, that has to matter. Secondly, if this is what these vets offer--drops on offense, blown coverages on defense, losing football--who gives a **** what they like? This is  PROFESSIONAL TEAM. They are getting paid millions of dollars to perform.

And, please, MOST JETS FANS want to see ANYONE BUT Fitzpatrick in there. So, Cowher is absolutely wrong.

Yes, there's plenty of blame to go around. But Fitzpatrick and his league worst statistical performance as starter has to shoulder much of it. Stop acting like he's being held down by the offense. NO, he's holding down the offense. He's a career loser. And this is one of his worst seasons. He's 33 years old. He's OLD!! Yeah, during parts of the game he does OK, but, in the end, he a loser. You can't teach it nor can it be unlearned.

Archived