Is it finally ok to bench the scrub Fitpatrick?

drdetroit

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think Fitz outplayed Brady, Brady put up points when he had to...but he wasn't terrible...

Enunwa is one of the very few bright spots to come out of this season.  

And that my friends is where the conversation should end.  Great or even good Qb's make the plays that mean the difference between winning and losing. Fitz through 12 years has proven that he can't win big games or when make clutch the chips or down. Sure you'll find a few outliers , but this is what below average QB's do . 

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Sorry but you give more credit to this coaching staff than I do.  But then again, I should have blind faith in their all knowing ability because they see him everyday in practice.  Sorry but I lost confidence when they named Fitzpatrick the starter after last years Bills debacle and then resigned him when no one else wanted the guy. .  

Regarding Petty, after a year and half on the bench, the only way he is going to improve (or fail) is by playing.   It has absolutely nothing to do with emotions; Petty outplayed Geno Smith and Fitzpatrick in training camp but his shoulder injury set him back.  He has been active now for about 5, 6 games.  Now that any hope of the post season is all but over, only a fool would continue to trot Fitzpatrick out there knowing he will not be back next year, when you have not one but perhaps two developmental quarterbacks that you need to see in LIVE GAME ACTION (not in practice) so you can have a better idea about what to do in the off season.    This whole " You Fans" thing with you is funny.   I don't speak for Jet Nation so please don't try and lump my comments in with everyone else.   We are fans for a reason; sorry if we don't just all sit around saying, "oh well the coaching staff gets paid to do this it will all work  out."   Stop acting so superior and pompous; if you rooted for team that has not had a franchise quarterback or super bowl appearance in over 40 years you would understand.  So please do not come here trying to be the "voice of reason."  You are not telling me or anyone else, anything that we don't already know. 

You don't need to have blind faith, but bitching about benching the QB after a game where it wasn't the QBs fault, is asinine. It's clear they are not tossing the season in the trash as oppose to the fans. So of course fans are gonna be indifferent from the coaching staff. 

and it is the reason why Petty and/or Hack is not playing right now because the coaching staff is trying to win games..probably not trying to lose the whole locker room with the whole "let's give up the whole season" that is not a message you trying to convey to your whole 53 man squad. Of course you the fans can because you only have an emotional attachment while this is their job.

and I dont know but again if Petty even after his injury is back and still not playing, then he probably didnt do too much in training camp too? Put Petty in there yesterday and you probably get beat by 50 not by 5. I lumped you in with the fans because you are saying the same thing the rest of the "fans" are saying. You have the right to express your emotions but you put your emotions on display by typing them here so that gives me right to address you these coaches are thinking differently than you are...and losing by 5 points instead of 50 yesterday to a probable superbowl contender makes Todd Bowles point. Nothing to do with being pompous or superior, my team or who i root for never came into the picture. Wrong context to be using those words. try again. 

2 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

You don't need to have blind faith, but bitching about benching the QB after a game where it wasn't the QBs fault, is asinine. It's clear they are not tossing the season in the trash as oppose to the fans. So of course fans are gonna be indifferent from the coaching staff. 

and it is the reason why Petty and/or Hack is not playing right now because the coaching staff is trying to win games..probably not trying to lose the whole locker room with the whole "let's give up the whole season" that is not a message you trying to convey to your whole 53 man squad. Of course you the fans can because you only have an emotional attachment while this is their job.

and I dont know but again if Petty even after his injury is back and still not playing, then he probably didnt do too much in training camp too? Put Petty in there yesterday and you probably get beat by 50 not by 5. I lumped you in with the fans because you are saying the same thing the rest of the "fans" are saying. You have the right to express your emotions but you put your emotions on display by typing them here so that gives me right to address you these coaches are thinking differently than you are...and losing by 5 points instead of 50 yesterday to a probable superbowl contender makes Todd Bowles point. Nothing to do with being pompous or superior, my team or who i root for never came into the picture. Wrong context to be using those words. try again. 

So expressing ones opinion on a Jets message board about the Jets is bitching? I gotta listen to a ******* Pats fan lecture me on what I should or shouldn't think or say about my team?  Wow, just wow.  Check it out dude, GFY.   Welcome to my ignore list. 

Right after Ryan Fitzpatrick badgered this entire organization in his presser when he was benched the NY Jets should have suspended him indefinitely and brought in Matt Flynn  as the 4th QB......or 5th. 

He sh*t and pissed all over this organization and Macc and Bowles are too dumb to realize it he held this team hostage in the off season and then walked around once signed like a Hall of Fame QB. 

This organization will improve once this egotistical POS is off this team 6 teams in 12 years should tell you something about him as a player and his character. 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I agree team is not good enough to win with Fitz. I agree it's everybody's fault except Leonard  and Quincy. 

I don't even think this team is good enough to win with a franchise quarterback even if we found one.

Even the best quarterbacks in the league would consider themselves pleased with a lead, at home, against an elite opponent, at the 4 minute mark.  Show me a Tom Brady, a Drew Brees, a Russell Wilson, or an Aaron Rodgers who wouldn't be pissed off if his defense repeatedly blew the lead he built deep into the 4th quarter.

But here in Jets Land, it's always 'blame the quarterback'.  It has to stop.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I don't even think this team is good enough to win with a franchise quarterback even if we found one.

Even the best quarterbacks in the league would consider themselves pleased with a lead, at home, against an elite opponent, at the 4 minute mark.  Show me a Tom Brady, a Drew Brees, a Russell Wilson, or an Aaron Rodgers who wouldn't be pissed off if his defense repeatedly blew the lead he built deep into the 4th quarter.

SAR I

Turnovers lose football games you cant have your starting NFL QB turning the ball over like he does he leads the league in turnovers enough said. 

SAR I

Yesterday's game did not matter one iota for this season.  Going with Fitzpatrick yesterday did nothing for the Jets except make the score closer.

We need to see what the young qb's have before next season.  That should be the priority.  

It's not seeing whether the coach can win a few ball games to make his resume perky.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

And that my friends is where the conversation should end.  Great or even good Qb's make the plays that mean the difference between winning and losing. Fitz through 12 years has proven that he can't win big games or when make clutch the chips or down. Sure you'll find a few outliers , but this is what below average QB's do . 

And that's exactly what Fitzpatrick did yesterday.

He scored what should have been the game winning touchdown midway through the 4th quarter and then our supposed-to-be Top 3 defense let the Patriots march up and down the field and score 10 points.  No big play.  No sack.  No turnovers.  Just pulled their typical disappearing act.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

To be fair Tom, Drew, Russell and Aaron* more times than not would come right back with that 58 seconds and win in "spite" of the defensive woes. That is why they are who they are. Great QB's win in spite of their teams shortcomings. Journeymen Jags accentuate those same short comings.

* Referring to Aaron Rodgers before Olivia Munn. Her coochie Is slowly turning him into Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Just now, SAR I said:

He scored what should have been the game winning touchdown midway through the 4th quarter and then our supposed-to-be Top 3 defense let the Patriots march up and down the field and score 10 points.  No big play.  No sack.  No turnovers.  Just pulled their typical disappearing act.

SAR I

Good QB's put the game out of reach good QB's score points in the red zone good QB's lead their team to wins good QB's dont turn the ball over. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a good QB no other team in the NFL wanted any part of him but the Jets....and here we are today discussing how bad he is..

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Right after Ryan Fitzpatrick badgered this entire organization in his presser when he was benched the NY Jets should have suspended him indefinitely and brought in Matt Flynn  as the 4th QB......or 5th. 

He sh*t and pissed all over this organization and Macc and Bowles are too dumb to realize it he held this team hostage in the off season and then walked around once signed like a Hall of Fame QB. 

This organization will improve once this egotistical POS is off this team 6 teams in 12 years should tell you something about him as a player and his character. 

You overrate Ryan Fitzpatrick's importance to this team.

He blew one game this year.  The rest of the time, he's played like he always has and how we all expected him to play.

The difference is how bad the defense is and what a dropoff the running game and short passing game has been, combined with terrible coaching and an unmotivated, festering locker room.

I wish Ryan Fitzpatrick were the problem, would make life so much easier.  He's not.  He's actually one of the Top 5 players on this team this year, perhaps Top 3.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He blew one game this year.  The rest of the time, he's played like he always has and how we all expected him to play.

The difference is how bad the defense is and what a dropoff the running game and short passing game has been, combined with terrible coaching and an unmotivated, festering locker room.

I wish Ryan Fitzpatrick were the problem, would make life so much easier.  He's not.  He's actually one of the Top 5 players on this team this year, perhaps Top 3.

SAR I

When you holdout like he did he loses all the benefit of the doubt that you're giving him. You holdout then you better perform. 

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Turnovers lose football games you cant have your starting NFL QB turning the ball over like he does he leads the league in turnovers enough said. 

fp_zpsjsygx0w6.jpg

In his last 6 games Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown 6 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.

That's quite respectable.  Enough said of you and your misuse of statistics.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Ok.

I see it more this way:

Loosing Brick; Mangold older/hurt; right side okay but not great.

Ivory was able to gain without the holes; now the holes are worse and Forte isn't as strong

Tougher schedule; having a year of tape on Offense and Defense so other teams have adjusted (we haven't).

Is Fitz playing as advertised? Yes, even the one stinker is part of his sometimes up, sometimes down. But, clearly had we had a better QB we likely play better.

Not buying the locker room 'festering' crap; if we were winning that would be gone; hard to not have some in-fighting when you are 3-8; same goes for motivation; hard to play hard every week when you suck; a lot of the vets know they aren't coming back (and will likely be out of football).

The truth is that we are still missing talent on OL, LB, secondary. Either the schemes have gotten stale or the league knows where the holes are and are exploiting them; has Gailey lost it, or can he no longer bluff his way through a game without an OL and a QB that can burn the blitz? 

13 minutes ago, peebag said:

Yesterday's game did not matter one iota for this season.  Going with Fitzpatrick yesterday did nothing for the Jets except make the score closer.

We need to see what the young qb's have before next season.  That should be the priority.  

It's not seeing whether the coach can win a few ball games to make his resume perky.

The vibe out of Florham Park two weeks ago was that Bowles was losing the locker room, the players didn't respect him, showing up late for meetings, boycotting the media, acting selfish, no leaders stepping up, etc.  Basically the beginnings of a Jets mutiny.

If by putting Ryan Fitzpatrick out there to give the veterans a sense of purpose he is able to prove that the team is indeed responding to him that's far more important than seeing Bryce Petty get killed by Bill Belichick.

Bowles has a 50/50 shot to be a solid NFL head coach.  Petty has a 10/90 shot to be a franchise quarterback.  A few weeks ago, no one thought Bowles was in jeopardy.  Now we do.  Getting the veterans motivated to play out the last month of the season is very important.  It's not a feather in the cap; it's showing he and his coaches can turn around a sinking ship.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Good QB's put the game out of reach good QB's score points in the red zone good QB's lead their team to wins good QB's dont turn the ball over. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a good QB no other team in the NFL wanted any part of him but the Jets....and here we are today discussing how bad he is..

For the 1000th time:

We all know Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a good quarterback.  He merely was the best quarterback we could put under center this season.  Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg simply did not beat him out.

We are discussing how bad Ryan Fitzpatrick is because Geno Smith busted.  He was supposed to be our franchise quarterback here in Year 4.  But that didn't happen.  Because he sucks.  So start a thread about that, go apologize for that.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is exactly who we knew he was-  a journeyman bandaid for a team who blew the 2013 draft and put their eggs in the wrong basket.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Oh I get it we are the only NFL team not allowed to blame the QB for losing -- even though we have by far the worst starting Qb play in the league

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The vibe out of Florham Park two weeks ago was that Bowles was losing the locker room, the players didn't respect him, showing up late for meetings, boycotting the media, acting selfish, no leaders stepping up, etc.  Basically the beginnings of a Jets mutiny.

If by putting Ryan Fitzpatrick out there to give the veterans a sense of purpose he is able to prove that the team is indeed responding to him that's far more important than seeing Bryce Petty get killed by Bill Belichick.

Bowles has a 50/50 shot to be a solid NFL head coach.  Petty has a 10/90 shot to be a franchise quarterback.  A few weeks ago, no one thought Bowles was in jeopardy.  Now we do.  Getting the veterans motivated to play out the last month of the season is very important.  It's not a feather in the cap; it's showing he and his coaches can turn around a sinking ship.

SAR I

A real head coach would not listen to his players a real head coach would have benched them all and played rookies. 

Todd Bowles is not a real head coach and never will be. 

Black Monday he's gone. Cant wait.

For the 1000th time:

We all know Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a good quarterback.  He merely was the best quarterback we could put under center this season.  Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg simply did not beat him out.

We are discussing how bad Ryan Fitzpatrick is because Geno Smith busted.  He was supposed to be our franchise quarterback here in Year 4.  But that didn't happen.  Because he sucks.  So start a thread about that, go apologize for that.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is exactly who we knew he was-  a journeyman bandaid for a team who blew the 2013 draft and put their eggs in the wrong basket.

SAR I

Yawn................

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

So expressing ones opinion on a Jets message board about the Jets is bitching? I gotta listen to a ******* Pats fan lecture me on what I should or shouldn't think or say about my team?  Wow, just wow.  Check it out dude, GFY.   Welcome to my ignore list. 

lol....nice having a INTELLIGENT conversation w ya!

11 minutes ago, August said:

When you holdout like he did he loses all the benefit of the doubt that you're giving him. You holdout then you better perform. 

A contract negotiation between an agent and a general manager means nothing on the field.

Leonard Williams makes peanuts compared to Mo Wilkerson and Darrelle Revis, he outplays them both because his ability allows him to do so, not his bank account.  Pay Fitzpatrick $1M or $12M, he's still the same guy.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

so if Bowles wins 3 of the next 5 games with Fitzoid to put us at 6-10, he's suddenly considered good by the front office?  Hardly.  He lost the team in KC.

Running Fitzoid out there will do nothing for his rep nor do anything for team building.  But playing the young qbs will at least draw fan interest in the remaining games and possibly settling on what we need to do in the upcoming draft.

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

A contract negotiation between an agent and a general manager means nothing on the field.

Leonard Williams makes peanuts compared to Mo Wilkerson and Darrelle Revis, he outplays them both because his ability allows him to do so, not his bank account.  Pay Fitzpatrick $1M or $12M, he's still the same guy.

SAR I

The agent works for Fitzpatrick he could've stepped in at any point and took whatever the Jets offered. So my point stands. 

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Oh I get it we are the only NFL team not allowed to blame the QB for losing -- even though we have by far the worst starting Qb play in the league

You are allowed to blame the quarterback for losing, absolutely.  I do it all the time-  when it's justified.

I've seen great Jets teams undermined by lousy quarterback play.  The 80s Sack Exchange under Richard Todd.  The 9-1 Joe Walton team that lost their last 5 under Ken O'Brien.  The Pete Carroll Boomer Esiason Jets who lost their last 5.  Testaverde's meltdown in 2000.  Pennington's inconsistency.  Favre's 8-3 fade.  Sanchez growing pains.

These bums just flat-out sucked.  They blew games from the opening whistle.  We never had a chance most Sunday's.  Ryan Fitzpatrick has had us in a position to compete or win in every game this year except for Kansas City, his numbers are in line with his career averages, he's exactly what you should have expected.  As for yesterday, please, he had one of his better games and did enough to win.  Brought us back and got us a 4th quarter lead, made accurate throws to Enunwa and Marshall all day, acted like a leader, had the team fighting hard all afternoon.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, August said:

The agent works for Fitzpatrick he could've stepped in at any point and took whatever the Jets offered. So my point stands. 

So you think Fitz should have taken the contract that would have made him a Jet for three years instead? With more than 12 million guaranteed?

Also, he didn't hold out. He wasn't under contract and, therefore, couldn't have held out.

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

2 minutes left 2 timeouts left team trailing by 5 this is what big time QB's live for . Big time Qb's put their teams on their back in this situation , Fitz did what he's done for the majority of his career in this type of scenario and that's fail miserably.

Now was this loss all on Fitz , absolutely not , I think he played one of his better games as a Jet but still he had a chance to play the hero and couldn't.

Archived