Was there ANY doubt? (Fitztragic)

Dcronin

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm trying to figure out in which games you saw it.

Not Cincy, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, KC, Seattle, Ravens, Cleveland, LA (Petty Started), Arizona, 

The only two I could think of where all of those flag posts could have been hit were Miami and New England

Absolutely Cincy, KC, Seattle, Arizona.

The Jets, virtually without fail, squander their first drive, when they have a first drive. settling for FGs when they should score TDs. In the Cincy game, they had a chance to go up two TDs and squandered that opportunity, leading to a blocked FG attempt.

But, you know what, if you're too obtuse to recognize offensive impotence, I'm not going waste my time on it.

See it, don't see it. I have better things to discuss.

Just now, phill1c said:

Absolutely Cincy, KC, Seattle, Arizona.

The Jets, virtually without fail, squander their first drive, when they have a first drive. settling for FGs when they should score TDs. In the Cincy game, they had a chance to go up two TDs and squandered that opportunity, leading to a blocked FG attempt.

But, you know what, if you're too obtuse to recognize offensive impotence, I'm not going waste my time on it.

See it, don't see it. I have better things to discuss.

Cincy the defense gave up the game winning FG.

KC, Fitzpatrick threw 8 INTs, so even worse than your pattern

Seattle, we never really had a chance in that game.

Arizona too. We were out of it by halftime.

So your pattern really doesn't work except maybe for the KC game

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL you lose the game you dont play well football is a team sport the QB more importantly. 

Todd Bowles if this is you YOU ARE A MORON 

And we have reached the impasse.

I can recognize good play in a losing effort and separate the two

You can't. I hope if you have kids, you dont teach them this.

Vi

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Cincy the defense gave up the game winning FG.

KC, Fitzpatrick threw 8 INTs, so even worse than your pattern

Seattle, we never really had a chance in that game.

Arizona too. We were out of it by halftime.

So your pattern really doesn't work except maybe for the KC game

Virtually every game has a squandered 1st quarter drive that leaves 4 points on the board.

But, hey, if you don't see it, maybe it doesn't exist. I'm certainly bored discussing it with you.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Vi

Virtually every game has a squandered 1st quarter drive that leaves 4 points on the board.

But, hey, if you don't see it, maybe it doesn't exist. I'm certainly bored discussing it with you.

They might have. But that's one element of your pattern. Anyway, at least you have some sort of logic behind what you are saying as opposed to others here

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

This loss is squarely on the CS and D. The QB played well enough to win, we all knew as did you and your daughter that we were not coming back at the end, we never do. My issue is whenever NE needed to make a play on D to stop a drive, they did. We never do. We never get a turnover. We never make a key stop at the end of the game, and for god's sakes, where was the pass rush after the first Q? This defense is so over rated it is sickening. That last NE drive made me want to throw up.

Besides that ridiculous offsides penalty, did Mr. over paid underachiever (#96) even play today? What a waste he has been all season. I hope nobody ever says he is a top 10 DE in this league, he is not. I would off him for a 4th round pick right now.

I wasn't sure Mo played also since his stats were too low to be recorded on the scoreboard. He was credited with ONE TACKLE and ONE ASSIST.

Awesome dude.  For over $ 500,000 he was paid for today it was worth it.  WHAT A DOG!!!! 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Are you Ryan Fitzpatrick? 

Clever, how you didn't answer the question.  Anywho, you come across as a guy who just wants to get every fan agitated.  Illogic with histrionics thrown in for good measure.  Maybe you're young or a more recent bandwagoner to this team in which case R-E-L-A-X.

If you really are Mehta, what you are doing is uncool.

2 hours ago, Dcronin said:

I said to my daughter, "1:56 left. Fitzpatrick will have enough time to come out, turn it over, and lose." He is trash at this point.

Takes a lot of pretzel to see a complete JV-level whiff by a blindside O-lineman as the fault of the QB.

Fitz is gone next year, so it matters little.  If the team think so little of Petty to bench him today, the odds say he'll be gone next year too.

That leaves....Hack.

Yeah.

14 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Oh, my bad. I was wrong.

The pattern thing still remains:

• Squandered 1st Quarter drive that should have been a TD; settling for a FG.
  • After the other team scores a TD, a TD drive to keep hope alive.
  • 3rd quarter impotence
  • 4th quarter hope and then
  • Game-killing turnover (usually an INT).

Seen it or a slight variation at least 5 times this year.

Good post.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sorry Todd you have zero credibility and please go shave that Brillo beard how does it feel to be 3-8 in last place. 

How does it feel to work at the NYDN?  Seriously. relax.  It's just entertainment.  We are at the stage where Fonzie jumps the shark but soon we get when Joanie loves Chachi.  Write a story about that.  It will make you feel better.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

1.  Ryan Fitzpatrick played better than any player on offense, defense, or special teams today.

2.  He had the game won and the D blew it. Just like Cincinnati, just like Miami.  

3.  The Jets would be 6-5 today if the D could manage a 4th quarter lead with under 5 minutes to go. 

SAR I

Well said.

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

How does it feel to work at the NYDN?  Seriously. relax.  It's just entertainment.  We are at the stage where Fonzie jumps the shark but soon we get when Joanie loves Chachi.  Write a story about that.  It will make you feel better.

Go shave the Brillo beard get a good nights sleep its been a long hard day of tough decisions and failure again.

1 hour ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

What a joke...guy played very well. His team stinks. Gives defense a lead again late and they blow it. Where the hell was our d-line and secondary on that last drive? Our o-line was horrible in the 4th quarter. And the Spiller drop. Anderson fumble. No turnovers again for defense. Poor running game...Fitz has 9 TD's and 1 INT in his last 3 games against Pats, not to mention 2-3 TD drops. Something wrong with being 1-2 in those games. 

Well said.  So many naive fans, thinking that a better quarterback would make any difference.

We are built to run and built to have a shut down defense.  We had feeble rushing stats.  We didn't stop the offense.  Yet our 34 year old journeyman quarterback on his 6th team in 11 years gave us a lead with 4 minutes to go, again.  And our defense blew the game, again.  But let's blame the quarterback.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

SAR I

2 hours ago, phill1c said:

Remember when all the Fitz supporters were like "Cincinnati is a great team...Fitz didn't blow that..."

LOL

Yeah, I'm happy I was right. I'm just annoyed that it took so long to be common knowledge.

Ryan Fitzpatrick provided leads against Cincinnati, Miami, and New England late into the 4th quarter where a single defensive stop would have had him kneeling in victory formation, we'd be 6-5 this very day, 7-4 actually if we didn't bow to pressure and start Bryce Petty against Los Angeles, quite comfortably in wildcard position with an easy schedule ahead.

The defense is what needs to be common knowledge.  Try watching the games.  Licking Geno's jock some more isn't logical right now.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Well said.  So many naive fans, thinking that a better quarterback would make any difference.

We are built to run and built to have a shut down defense.  We had feeble rushing stats.  We didn't stop the offense.  Yet our 34 year old journeyman quarterback on his 6th team in 11 years gave us a lead with 4 minutes to go, again.  And our defense blew the game, again.  But let's blame the quarterback.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

SAR I

He turned the ball over.....did you even watch the game? 

2 hours ago, phill1c said:

The "Spiller drop" was underthrown.

My god, you're seriously defending the statistically worst QB in the league? He's worse than guys not even starting anymore.

Please, take this moronic bullsh*t to another team's forum and see how many people agree with you.

Statistics don't matter.  Tell me how good the Jets are statistically against the run.  Like it matters.

What matters is that Ryan Fitzpatrick played well, overcame a fourth quarter defecit, and watched his defense piss it away.  Again.  Just like Cincinnati.  Just like Miami.  Just like they almost did in Buffalo.  This defense is the story of the failure of this season, not the quarterback.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Exactly SAR 1. Despite the Anderson fumble, all the bad ref calls, dropped potential TD by Spiller, anemic running game, and no turnovers garnered by the defense, our pathetic QB had the team in position to win against an 8-2 opponent. Again, this is a guy who has 9 TD's 1 INT, a 100 plus QB rating and nearly 300 ypg over the last 3 games versus NE. 

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

My god, if Geno Smith had this turnover, they'd be lighting torches waiting for him at his car.

Clearly you don't remember the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Geno Smith is gone.  Anticipate the arena league team he is going to back up next year and join their forum.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Clearly you don't remember the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Geno Smith is gone.  Anticipate the arena league team he is going to back up next year and join their forum.

SAR I

Ryan Fitzpatrick will never play another down of organized football after this season. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He turned the ball over.....did you even watch the game? 

Quarterbacks turn the ball over when they are trailing with under two minutes left.  It happens all the time. 

Quarterbacks who give their Top 5 defense a lead with under 4 minutes to go should anticipate the victory formation not last minute desperation.

Geno is gone.  He's not coming back.  You seem to exist to create worthless Geno arguments all summer, now anti-Fitzpatrick all winter, you can stop now.  This is all Geno's fault.  He was supposed to be our franchise quarterback and he busted.  Spend more time with your tail between your legs in apology instead of going after one of the only players on the team that is actually trying.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

1.  Ryan Fitzpatrick played better than any player on offense, defense, or special teams today.

2.  He had the game won and the D blew it. Just like Cincinnati, just like Miami.  

3.  The Jets would be 6-5 today if the D could manage a 4th quarter lead with under 5 minutes to go. 

SAR I

1. The only QB's this year who have put up less points against the Patriots D than Fitzpatrick were Landry Jones and Charlie Whitehurst.

2. No team this year has held Brady to less points than the Jets did today.

3. You were, are, and continue to be wrong about every Fitzpatrick opinion you've had this year.

Just now, SAR I said:

Quarterbacks turn the ball over when they are trailing with under two minutes left.  It happens all the time. 

Quarterbacks who give their Top 5 defense a lead with under 4 minutes to go should anticipate the victory formation not last minute desperation.

Geno is gone.  He's not coming back.  You seem to exist to create worthless Geno arguments all summer, now anti-Fitzpatrick all winter, you can stop now.  This is all Geno's fault.  He was supposed to be our franchise quarterback and he busted.  Spend more time with your tail between your legs in apology instead of going after one of the only players on the team that is actually trying.

SAR I

Geno is gone I've moved on........Fitzpatrick will soon be gone.........

I have not argued for Geno Smith in months......

I also have never SOLD OUT on my season tickets especially to Patriots fans....

9 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Exactly SAR 1. Despite the Anderson fumble, all the bad ref calls, dropped potential TD by Spiller, anemic running game, and no turnovers garnered by the defense, our pathetic QB had the team in position to win against an 8-2 opponent. Again, this is a guy who has 9 TD's 1 INT, a 100 plus QB rating and nearly 300 ypg over the last 3 games versus NE. 

Yes, exactly.

Despite his terrible games against Kansas City and Arizona, Ryan Fitzpatrick played well enough to get us to 7-4 this very day.  He provided leads deep in the fourth quarter against the Bengals, Dolphins, and Patriots.  Had the D simply held on to win those games, he wouldn't have been benched for the Petty LA disaster, we'd have won that game too.

Lots of blame to go around this year, but the D was supposed to be Top 5 and the QB was supposed to be Bottom 10.  Gee, who should take the blame?  I wonder...

SAR I

1 minute ago, Pac said:

1. The only QB's this year who have put up less points against the Patriots D the Fitzpatrick were Landry Jones and Charlie Whitehurst.

2. No team this year has held Brady to less points than the Jets did today.

3. You were, are, and continue to be wrong about every Fitzpatrick opinion you've had this year.

He grew a beard and definitely bought a few jerseys for him and family,,,,

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick will never play another down of organized football after this season. 

So what?

He's better than Petty and Hackenberg so he's going to keep playing.

This is all Geno Smith's fault.  He was supposed to be our franchise quarterback.  He busted.  That put Fitzpatrick into the starting job.  Apologize.

SAR I

Archived