Was there ANY doubt? (Fitztragic)

Dcronin

Just now, SAR I said:

So what?

He's better than Petty and Hackenberg so he's going to keep playing.

This is all Geno Smith's fault.  He was supposed to be our franchise quarterback.  He busted.  That put Fitzpatrick into the starting job.  Apologize.

SAR I

LOL Clyde Gates and David Nelson say hello..

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So what?

He's better than Petty and Hackenberg so he's going to keep playing.

This is all Geno Smith's fault.  He was supposed to be our franchise quarterback.  He busted.  That put Fitzpatrick into the starting job.  Apologize.

SAR I

This is true, but we don't know how much better and that's a big deal. For a 3-8 team, not knowing if either is worth spending time on and keeping on the roster for next year is a bad place to be. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is true, but we don't know how much better and that's a big deal. For a 3-8 team, not knowing if either is worth spending time on and keeping on the roster for next year is a bad place to be. 

Agree we need to evaluate Petty and Hack from here on out......playing Fitz accomplishes nothing......

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

1. The only QB's this year who have put up less points against the Patriots D the Fitzpatrick were Landry Jones and Charlie Whitehurst.

2. No team this year has held Brady to less points than the Jets did today.

3. You were, are, and continue to be wrong about every Fitzpatrick opinion you've had this year.

Those are weak stats, even for you.

The QB overcame a fourth quarter deficit and gave his team the lead with 4 minutes to go.  And he overcame an angry fanbase, a negative media, and a benching to play harder and more focused than any other Jet on the field. 

We apparently have the best 55 minute defense in the NFL.  It's really such a shame that games are 60 minutes long.

My Fitzpatrick opinions have been spot-on.  Those who are frustrated on Thanksgiving are the ones who didn't listen to fans like me back on Labor Day who said we were going to have a 1-5 start and a miserable losing season.  Some of us have the luxury of proper expectations and can think objectively.  The fools who thought we were a 10 to 12 win team are the fools who hold Ryan Fitzpatrick to a high standard.  Most of them wanted Mark Sanchez gone and applauded Geno Smith too, the geniuses.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I also have never SOLD OUT on my season tickets especially to Patriots fans....

You are an ex-season ticket holder who quit on the team the moment we stopped making playoff runs, used the excuse of the $4 PSL as rationale for leaving, are pissed off that we lead the AFC in attendance and no one misses you, take shots at the loyal fans who renew their tickets even in tough seasons.  Shame on you.

Show up or shut up.  It's really that simple.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL Clyde Gates and David Nelson say hello..

Oh, that excuse didn't work for you when you ran Mark Sanchez out of town, you're not going to use that excuse for Geno Smith.

The mess we are in at the quarterback position is due to fans like you.  Keep it up.  You've been doing a great job since 1975.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Those are weak stats, even for you.

The QB overcame a fourth quarter deficit and gave his team the lead with 4 minutes to go.  And he overcame an angry fanbase, a negative media, and a benching to play harder and more focused than any other Jet on the field. 

We apparently have the best 55 minute defense in the NFL.  It's really such a shame that games are 60 minutes long.

My Fitzpatrick opinions have been spot-on.  Those who are frustrated on Thanksgiving are the ones who didn't listen to fans like me back on Labor Day who said we were going to have a 1-5 start and a miserable losing season.  Some of us have the luxury of proper expectations and can think objectively.  The fools who thought we were a 10 to 12 win team are the fools who hold Ryan Fitzpatrick to a high standard.  Most of them wanted Mark Sanchez gone and applauded Geno Smith too, the geniuses.

SAR I

Your semi-clever attempt at a slight of hand post will not fool those who have been paying attention.

My so-called "weak" stats also happen to be facts.

Fitz was a poor mans Chad Pennington today - nothing more.  How many times does he has to prove he simply doesn't have it before you wave the white flag?

The only thing Geno "busted" this year was his knee.  If he was the starter, as he should have been from the get go, then I firmly believe we are still playing meaningful games. 

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I agree on Petty, I want to see him play, I would have been happy with him from Day 1 if we didn't resign Fitzpatrick.

But that said, I feel it's more important to validate the head coach who has a 50/50 shot of being franchise-worthy than to validate the 4th round quarterback who has a 90/10 shot of busting just like every other non-first rounder usually does.  If starting Fitzpatrick helps restore the locker room from the fractured mess it's been since September and show that the team still believes in Bowles and the coordinators, that's more important right now.  It's one thing to flip a quarterback, quite another to find another head coach and an entire coaching staff.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are an ex-season ticket holder who quit on the team the moment we stopped making playoff runs, used the excuse of the $4 PSL as rationale for leaving, are pissed off that we lead the AFC in attendance and no one misses you, take shots at the loyal fans who renew their tickets even in tough seasons.  Shame on you.

Show up or shut up.  It's really that simple.

SAR I

You SOLD OUT I never did I burned tickets if friends and family Jets fans only didnt want them big difference between me and you. 

I didnt quit I opted out of PSL fee's college tuition took precedence. 

You have PSL's you FAIL TO SHOW UP and you SELL OUT when things get bad, today was a perfect example. 

Change your name to SELL OUT SAR I 

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Your semi-clever attempt at a slight of hand post will not fool those who have been paying attention.

My so-called "weak" stats also happen to be facts.

Fitz was a poor mans Chad Pennington today - nothing more.  How many times does he has to prove he simply doesn't have it before you wave the white flag?

The only thing Geno "busted" this year was his knee.  If he was the starter, as he should have been from the get go, then I firmly believe we are still playing meaningful games. 

For the 1000th time, everyone knows that Ryan Fitzpatrick's ceiling is a "poor-man's Chad Pennington".  You act like this is some epiphany.  That we've all been duped or something.

Your facts are weak.  They don't mean anything.  The Jets are #3 in the NFL in rush defense.  Is this because we have fantastic run stoppers or because it's just so easy to pass all over us?  Oh, Ryan Fitzpatrick has lots of interceptions.  Gee, didn't know that.  But did he provide fourth quarter leads in three games that our defense and special teams blew?  Is the defense that's supposed to be Top 5 held accountable by the Myhero's at all?

On behalf of all on JN, let me be the one to tell you 1) we don't care that you're hurting over Geno Smith's bust and 2) your sour grapes whining about Ryan Fitzpatrick is getting tired.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You SOLD OUT I never did I burned tickets if friends and family Jets fans only didnt want them big difference between me and you. 

I didnt quit I opted out of PSL fee's college tuition took precedence. 

You have PSL's you FAIL TO SHOW UP and you SELL OUT when things get bad, today was a perfect example. 

Change your name to SELL OUT SAR I 

I wasn't going to today's game no matter if we were 3-7 or 7-3 as I have other commitments that take precedent.

I attend 6 games a year and need to sell 2.  I support the team.  You had Jets season tickets and gave them up.  You quit on the team.

And the way it's supposed to work to support your need for a full stadium with cheering Jets fans is for someone like you to buy tickets from me when I can't go.  The onus is on YOU to get YOURSELF to the stadium to make YOU feel good about the fans in the place.  So if YOU won't go, blame YOU, not me.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

On behalf of all on JN, let me be the one to tell you 1) we don't care that you're hurting over Geno Smith's bust and 2) your sour grapes whining about Ryan Fitzpatrick is getting tired.

hahah..

I'm one of the least vocal Fitzpatrick bashers while you are one of his more vociferous defenders.

I resent any implication to the contrary.

And I'll expect your apology either on thread or via PM.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

1.  Ryan Fitzpatrick played better than any player on offense, defense, or special teams today.

2.  He had the game won and the D blew it. Just like Cincinnati, just like Miami.  

3.  The Jets would be 6-5 today if the D could manage a 4th quarter lead with under 5 minutes to go. 

SAR I

#3 says you don't know what you're watching 

20 minutes ago, Pac said:

hahah..

I'm one of the least vocal Fitzpatrick bashers while you are one of his more vociferous defenders.

I resent any implication to the contrary.

And I'll expect your apology either on thread or via PM.

No he's worse.  One day, early on it was how good he was last season, how deserving he was. 

Then it was he is what we thought he was.

Then it's on the defense. 

Now he was the best player on the field.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

He turned the ball over.....did you even watch the game? 

He gets to the red zone and shots his pants.  Gets in 5 times against the fins and comes out with 3 FGs.  Throws 4 red zone picks vs the chiefs.  We're right there at the half vs Cincy, Pitt and Seattle only to watch a 2nd half shlt show.  All year.

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

#3 says you don't know what you're watching 

So what you're saying is that we should hold Ryan Fitzpatrick totally accountable for not being John Elway and consistently driving the team the length of the field in 1-2 minutes, usually with 0-1 timeouts to bail out a defense that almost always gives up a late lead in a most passive way with blown coverages and receivers running wide open in situations where just ONE STOP will win the game for us. Many other teams often win games where their QB turns the ball over because their teams are strong enough to overcome mistakes. Yeah, Fitz's overall numbers suck, but take out that KC game and he is at least fairly respectable with 10 TD's 7 INT's. And his numbers against the Pats over the last 3 games are: 9 TD's 1 INT with over 280 ypg and well over 100 qb rating. Yet the ONLY victory for the Jets in any of those games came via a clutch overtime drive by Fitz. It is quite telling that even when the QB plays very well (see Buffalo in Sept.), the team struggles to win and very often loses. 

5 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

So what you're saying is that we should hold Ryan Fitzpatrick totally accountable for not being John Elway and consistently driving the team the length of the field in 1-2 minutes, usually with 0-1 timeouts to bail out a defense that almost always gives up a late lead in a most passive way with blown coverages and receivers running wide open in situations where just ONE STOP will win the game for us. Many other teams often win games where their QB turns the ball over because their teams are strong enough to overcome mistakes. Yeah, Fitz's overall numbers suck, but take out that KC game and he is at least fairly respectable with 10 TD's 7 INT's. And his numbers against the Pats over the last 3 games are: 9 TD's 1 INT with over 280 ypg and well over 100 qb rating. Yet the ONLY victory for the Jets in any of those games came via a clutch overtime drive by Fitz. It is quite telling that even when the QB plays very well (see Buffalo in Sept.), the team struggles to win and very often loses. 

I don't think we're expecting Fitz to be John Elway, but c'mon, it was just the 2nd play of the drive and he turns the ball over. He's leading the league in ints and turnovers in the 4th quarter for 2 consecutive seasons. You don't have to be John Elway in order to not turn the ball over to the defense in the 4th quarter

4 hours ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Elway?  There's a huge gap between Elway and Fitz.  He leads the league in turnovers.  Leads the league in red zone turnovers.  He runs the leagues worst red zone offense.  

Hes the problem.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I just shake my head at the people who think this team is losing because of its coaching. Whether you like the Head Coach or not, thats irrelevant. The team is losing because it doesnt have the talent.

This team is very poorly coached on all sides of the football. Nothing is good here. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

This team is very poorly coached on all sides of the football. Nothing is good here. 

If thats your opinion thats fine. You can not like Bowles.

But the biggest problem with our team is that it lacks talent. And this dates back past the Bowles/Macc era. We dont draft very well. We strike out a lot in the 1st and 2nd rounds of draft. Talent would help cover up what most people believe is a poorly coached team. It did it for Rex when he first signed on to be our coach and it would do it for Bowles.

Mark Sanchez, Vlad Duccasse, Vernon Gholston, Dee Milliner, Jace Amaro, Kyle Wilson, Kellen Clemens, Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill....

Thats a lot of missed picks in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Not good.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

If thats your opinion thats fine. You can not like Bowles.

But the biggest problem with our team is that it lacks talent. And this dates back past the Bowles/Macc era. We dont draft very well. We strike out a lot in the 1st and 2nd rounds of draft. Talent would help cover up what most people believe is a poorly coached team. It did it for Rex when he first signed on to be our coach and it would do it for Bowles.

Mark Sanchez, Vlad Duccasse, Vernon Gholston, Dee Milliner, Jace Amaro, Kyle Wilson, Kellen Clemens, Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill....

Thats a lot of missed picks in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Not good.

I agree and have said it numerous times we whiff way too much in the draft all these players should be helping this team win a championship. 

A couple thoughts on this thread...

I know some of you guys hate Fitz, but blaming him instead of our left tackle who wiffed with the game on the line is dumb.

JoeWilly's posts have become so repetitive and boring that they are practically unreadable.  At this point, he's like those tragic 80's drum machines on all those tragically bad songs.

We would be having a decent season if our D. could get a stop.   I saw this graphic about Denver's defense on Sunday night football:
"One lead surrendered on 8 fouth quarter opportunities for opponent to tie or take lead"

9 minutes ago, dcJet said:

A couple thoughts on this thread...

I know some of you guys hate Fitz, but blaming him instead of our left tackle who wiffed with the game on the line is dumb.

JoeWilly's posts have become so repetitive and boring that they are practically unreadable.  At this point, he's like those tragic 80's drum machines on all those tragically bad songs.

We would be having a decent season if our D. could get a stop.   I saw this graphic about Denver's defense on Sunday night football:
"One lead surrendered on 8 fouth quarter opportunities for opponent to tie or take lead"

Hmmm,

How about the statistics on the Jets inability to score in the 3rd quarter?

And the "the Jets Offense in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarters of games this season has ZERO (0) POINTS!!"

the Jets offense is ranked 23rd.

The jets defense 22nd.

2 minutes ago, dcJet said:

"Jets rank Number 31 in turnover differential"

"Jets rank 31st in QB rating"

"Jets rank 1st in interceptions thrown, 29th in intercepting passes"

"Jets are 30th in sacks"

:

Thanks Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles 

No worries they have the trinkets being made as we speak in a sweat shop in China to pacify everyone for the bad season. 

Archived