Totally sick of this coaching staff.

Tony The Wiz

We get the ball back with 6 minutes in the game and are on our 4 yard line. We complete a miracle pass to Enumwa. So now it is on our 31 yard line and we hand the ball of and gain 6 yards with 5:30 on the clock. So our bonehead offensive coordinator calls on 2nd and 4 a downfield pass. Not a running play or a short pass out of the backfield but a downfield pass. Disgusting!!!! With this QB you do that. You get a penalty and now you are in the hole. Game over!!! You knew Brady was going to beat us. Coaching is horrible. First of all what was Fits in the game to start with. This season is over. The Rams put their rookie in and they had a better chance to make the playoffs. This team is doomed with this coaching staff.    

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Than you never watch Bill Parcells coach.

Lol, ok.  You mean like with the season and playoffs in the line, in the red zone have your RB try a half back option for an INT ending the season? 

Every time a play doesn't work it isn't a bad call.  The other team makes plays too. Chan called a great game today.  

Bowles has his team ready to go today. They held the pats in check all game, and almost won with the worst starting QB in the league and an aging - rebuilding roster. If anything, I applaud the coaches this week.

The question should be more, how did the best HC of all time with the best QB of all time almost lose to our sad pathetic roster in a nail biter, again?

I say that sarcastically, because when the Jets eek by an inferior opponent a lot of our fans want everyone fired and cut. There are no easy games in the NFL. A win is a win.  

That was a tough game to watch. The Jets & Bowles played both the Pats & the refs. I'm not a fan of Bowles, but he has a sh*tty Oline, no #1 CB, no edge rusher, the 33rd ranked QB, 2 rookie LBs, Robbie fumbling, Brandon Limping, it's too much to overcome. We're a bottom 5 team, but in Goodells NFL, you can turn that around quickly once you find a QB to get behind.

Calling a swing pass with the receiver nowhere near the 1st down stick on 3rd and 11 is the definition of scared pussyball crap offense. Found that totally infuriating; this coaching staff doesn't get it and never will. You are not winning the game with your defense (another complete embarrassment again, with zero pass rush and a geriatric Revis "leading" a ghastly secondary) attempting to stop Brady. The Jets needed to get that 1st down and a few others to close this game out AND TODD BOWLES DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Calling a swing pass with the receiver nowhere near the 1st down stick on 3rd and 11 is the definition of scared pussyball crap offense. Found that totally infuriating; this coaching staff doesn't get it and never will. You are not winning the game with your defense (another complete embarrassment again, with zero pass rush and a geriatric Revis "leading" a ghastly secondary) attempting to stop Brady. The Jets needed to get that 1st down and a few others to close this game out AND TODD BOWLES DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS. 

This was the only play I had a problem with, other than that the coaching was pretty good imo. Players didn't execute, especially our big money players. Where was Mo Wilk? Revis was getting broke off by a rookie WR,  Fitz turns the ball over again in the 4th quarter. 

You can't score 17 points and expect to beat the Patriots. The Jets defense held Tom Brady to 22 points. That let's me know that overall the defensive scheme worked. 

Think about it, the Jets defense kept Brady under 300 yards passing with his lowest passer rating of the season, Blount was held under 70 yards rushing, no Pats WR went over 100 yards receiving and the Patriots 22 points was the lowest amount of points with Brady under center this year. Seriously, whats the problem here if its not the offense? 

Generally speaking, what more must the defense do here? The Jets offense scored 17 points. Who are we beating by scoring 17 points? Not most teams and especially not the NE Patriots. On a player-by-player perspective, sure I can get on guys like Mo and Revis, but as a defensive unit those guys did the job. The offense simply are not scoring points. 

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Bowles has his team ready to go today. They held the pats in check all game, and almost won with the worst starting QB in the league and an aging - rebuilding roster. If anything, I applaud the coaches this week.

The question should be more, how did the best HC of all time with the best QB of all time almost lose to our sad pathetic roster in a nail biter, again?

I say that sarcastically, because when the Jets eek by an inferior opponent a lot of our fans want everyone fired and cut. There are no easy games in the NFL. A win is a win.  

Did you watch the game? The Jets lost. In totally predictable Jets fashion. Lead, lead, lead and then lose. That's the tune the Jets march to.

15 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This was the only play I had a problem with, other than that the coaching was pretty good imo. Players didn't execute, especially our big money players. Where was Mo Wilk? Revis was getting broke off by a rookie WR,  Fitz turns the ball over again in the 4th quarter. 

Revis clearly has quit on Bowles. This team was built by Rex the bombastic and Todd the mummy will never be able to motivate these guys to play hard. Oh, they make it look good at times, but not Revis. He AVOIDS contact now at every turn and needs to be released as soon as the season is finished. The Jets need a strict, no nonsense coach that they respect. Clearly there are guys on this team that do not respect Bowles.

Yeah I am at a loss with this team tbh. I also wonder how much of the defense is really aging and how much of it is coaching. On offense veterans like Clady dont seem to be playing well either. Clady was playing really well with the Broncos and is older now - but he shouldnt have fallen off as much as he did this year either. The OC needs to be replaced and that is very clear to me. The rest of the coaching staff I am still not sure about. 

6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Revis clearly has quit on Bowles. This team was built by Rex the bombastic and Todd the mummy will never be able to motivate these guys to play hard. Oh, they make it look good at times, but not Revis. He AVOIDS contact now at every turn and needs to be released as soon as the season is finished. The Jets need a strict, no nonsense coach that they respect. Clearly there are guys on this team that do not respect Bowles.

In all honesty, I think Revis is finished...and because of that the Jets dont have a #1 or #2 CB right now given that no one could convince me that Buster Skrine is a #2. He's a slot guy. 

It's hard for me to say that Revis "quit", maybe he has and Im a bit reluctant to say it given that he's one of my top 3 all-time favorite Jets, but one thing that is for certain...Darrelle Revis should not be a Jet next year. I would say bench him, but how do you bench "Darrelle Revis" without creating a crazy media storm around the team and possibly putting your GM on front street? 

The back-end of Revis career is quickly looking like Nnamdi asomugha's career after he left the Raiders. Sad thing to see honestly. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The coaching staff here is probably the worst in the NFL.

You can certainly make that argument. This isn't a matter of losing some tough games to tough opponents. This is a matter of beating the Bills, and Browns and losing to everyone else. I don't think it's unreasonable to get any team to play tough with two weeks to prepare for them so it's even hard for me to give much credit to the coaching staff at all for yesterday.

I have to look at the last drive again because I did not see alot of blitzes at all eventhough I heard Revis talking in the presser after the game about playing cover zero and that they had inside responsability. Sitting in a zone against Tom Brady is just asking to get beat and getting no pressure from the D-Line is a recipe for disaster as we have seen on numerous occasions this season.

Offensively I kinda though they went into a shell for a bit after the Anderson fumble but overall they did a decent job.

Retaining Bowles does this team no bit of good he is not the answer. 

There is more to the story about the defense not playing up to expectations we got a small portion when Mo and Sheldon missed meetings and it was rumored they werent happy with the way they were being used. 

Jeremy Kerley comes to mind the guy is playing lights out football in SF yet Bowles benched him last season. 

It seems to me Todd Bowles is not well liked amongst all the players only a few veterans who tell him how to run the team who get their way like him. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Retaining Bowles does this team no bit of good he is not the answer. 

There is more to the story about the defense not playing up to expectations we got a small portion when Mo and Sheldon missed meetings and it was rumored they werent happy with the way they were being used. 

Jeremy Kerley comes to mind the guy is playing lights out football in SF yet Bowles benched him last season. 

It seems to me Todd Bowles is not well liked amongst all the players only a few veterans who tell him how to run the team who get their way like him. 

I agree. You can't ignore the fact that this team doesn't play hard for Bowles, especially vets. The gameplan against Brady was really bad at the end of the game. People are dumping on Revis - but he plays the technique that they call. He was in a trail technique on the touchdown with no help or no one underneath. Who calls that inside the 10?

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I agree. You can't ignore the fact that this team doesn't play hard for Bowles, especially vets. The gameplan against Brady was really bad at the end of the game. People are dumping on Revis - but he plays the technique that they call. He was in a trail technique on the touchdown with no help or no one underneath. Who calls that inside the 10?

You may be correct about that, when it comes to Vets...but the young'ins are playing hard for him. 

Enunwa is playing hard, Robbie Anderson is playing hard, Wesley Johnson has made me forget that Nick Mangold is hurt. Ben Ijalana is playing solid football, Brian Winters is playing solid football, Bilal Powell runs hard on EVERY SINGLE PLAY, Leo Williams is playing hard and had a very good game yesterday providing pressure. 

Alot of these "vets" have been paid, alot of these "vets" made a big deal about a crappy QB that has been the frontrunner for this terrible season. We also lost our team leader in D'Brick and in all truth no one else has replaced him or stepped into that role. That's a huge loss for a 2nd year coach. 

Im not saying that Bowles is doing a phenomenal job, im just saying that there are things that he's also dealing with that as a 2nd year HC is really tough to deal with. All im saying. 

blaming the defense on this one.  they constantly are in the position to stop a team in the 4th quarter and are always giving up the lead.  time to move on from guys like revis, gilchrist and harris.  defense needs to be better.  aside from a few QB hits, Brady had all day to throw the ball.  it's gross how much time we give opposing QBs to pick apart our terrible secondary.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You may be correct about that, when it comes to Vets...but the young'ins are playing hard for him. 

Enunwa is playing hard, Robbie Anderson is playing hard, Wesley Johnson has made me forget that Nick Mangold is hurt. Ben Ijalana is playing solid football, Brian Winters is playing solid football, Bilal Powell runs hard on EVERY SINGLE PLAY, Leo Williams is playing hard and had a very good game yesterday providing pressure. 

Alot of these "vets" have been paid, alot of these "vets" made a big deal about a crappy QB that has been the frontrunner for this terrible season. We also lost our team leader in D'Brick and in all truth no one else has replaced him or stepped into that role. That's a huge loss for a 2nd year coach. 

Im not saying that Bowles is doing a phenomenal job, im just saying that there are things that he's also dealing with that as a 2nd year HC is really tough to deal with. All im saying. 

Yeah I agree with you on who is playing hard and who isn't - but I dont agree with the reasoning. You or I could get a young guy or udfa to play hard. They want it more. The question with the young guys is are they really developing? J Marshall makes the same dumb mistakes on punt and WR that he made his first pre season game. Getting the vets to buy in and play hard is pretty much the job of the coaching staff. The great coaches get it to happen - the bad ones don't.

Just now, heymangold said:

blaming the defense on this one.  they constantly are in the position to stop a team in the 4th quarter and are always giving up the lead.  time to move on from guys like revis, gilchrist and harris.  defense needs to be better.  aside from a few QB hits, Brady had all day to throw the ball.  it's gross how much time we give opposing QBs to pick apart our terrible secondary.

the jets only scored 17 points at home vs. the pats.  that's not enough to beat tom brady.  you want to blame the defense, sure, they choked at the end and brady did what he always does.  the jets again did not score 20+ points.  most teams score more than 17 points.  the offense never gets big td plays and it puts a strain on the offense to always have to drive the length of the field in a 12 play drive.  the qb does not generate big plays and it makes it harder for the team to win.

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Defnese gave up 22 points against a team that most think are going back to the superbowl. Held brady to his lowest passer rating on the year, held him under 300 yards, held him to his 2nd lowest TD amount (tied) in a game this season, kept Blount from going over 70 yards and no WR received over 100 yards. 

How many times are we going to keep blaming the defense (whom gave up 22 points) when our offense is scoring 17 freaking points in a game? C'mon bro,

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Defnese gave up 22 points against a team that most think are going back to the superbowl. Held brady to his lowest passer rating on the year, held him under 300 yards, held him to his 2nd lowest TD amount (tied) in a game this season, kept Blount from going over 70 yards and no WR received over 100 yards. 

How many times are we going to keep blaming the defense (whom gave up 22 points) when our offense is scoring 17 freaking points in a game? C'mon bro,

Yeah but they had two weeks to prepare for a team we all thought they would compete with before the season started. They also, at the end of the day, had the same breakdowns and bad calls that have been effecting them all season.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

In the end, none of what you mentioned accounts for punting when you have 41 seconds and decent field position. Or kicking a long FG when Folk's kicks from that distance basically ALWAYS get blocked (at least by the Pats) when you could go for it.

Bowles is a very passive guy. And that's not going to win games with the Jets talent.

What really ticked me off yesterday was Bowles was questioned about potentially going for it on 4th and 4(blocked FG drive) and basically said not a chance there...yet basically the best coach of all time has the same exact situation a quarter later, with a better kicker and he decides to go for it.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

i've been saying this too.  it's hard to win when you score less than 20 points.  most of the time you lose.  

36 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Did you watch the game? The Jets lost. In totally predictable Jets fashion. Lead, lead, lead and then lose. That's the tune the Jets march to.

Sure did watch the game. I saw a team with a medicore at best roster almost bear a super bowl contender, hall of fame hc and qb combo. Im not saying Bowles should be given a pass forever, but he isnt the reason we lost.

Just now, RSJ said:

Yeah but they had two weeks to prepare for a team we all thought they would compete with before the season started. They also, at the end of the day, had the same breakdowns and bad calls that have been effecting them all season.

Did they practice anything innovative or tricky? NO, it appears. They played exactly the same as if they had one week of prep.

What does this guy do to influence a game? I can't see anything.

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I agree with you on who is playing hard and who isn't - but I dont agree with the reasoning. You or I could get a young guy or udfa to play hard. They want it more. The question with the young guys is are they really developing? J Marshall makes the same dumb mistakes on punt and WR that he made his first pre season game. Getting the vets to buy in and play hard is pretty much the job of the coaching staff. The great coaches get it to happen - the bad ones don't.

It depends on the type of vets you have though. Steve Smith Sr., a guy who's been in the league FOREVER plays as hard as anyone in the entire league....everyday. You keep a guy like that, instead we give Mo a mega contract that #1 he wasnt worth, but 2ndly had to talk to him about his "commitment to the team" BEFORE having him sign on the dotted line. 

What were the Jets front office thinking? If Wilk was doing this on a rookie contract, what do you think is going to happen when you put 20 million in his bank account per season? This isnt about coaching having these guys buy-in....this is about getting the right guys with the right mentality. Everytime we hear about players that are considered "the best", the first thing that comes to mind from people who know these individuals are their sickening dedication. We got guys who are missing practices, meetings and birthday parties.

That's not on the coach my friend.  

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Sure did watch the game. I saw a team with a medicore at best roster almost bear a super bowl contender, hall of fame hc and qb combo. Im not saying Bowles should be given a pass forever, but he isnt the reason we lost.

Really? You thought they almost beat the Pats?

LOL

The Pats toyed with the Jets and turned it on when they had to.

Wake the **** up!!

Just now, phill1c said:

Did they practice anything innovative or tricky? NO, it appears. They played exactly the same as if they had one week of prep.

What does this guy do to influence a game? I can't see anything.

I saw ZERO wrinkles to the gameplan on offense or defense. So in addition to vets going through the motions we have two weeks to prepare and no well executed wrinkles.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

the jets only scored 17 points at home vs. the pats.  that's not enough to beat tom brady.  you want to blame the defense, sure, they choked at the end and brady did what he always does.  the jets again did not score 20+ points.  most teams score more than 17 points.  the offense never gets big td plays and it puts a strain on the offense to always have to drive the length of the field in a 12 play drive.  the qb does not generate big plays and it makes it harder for the team to win.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Defnese gave up 22 points against a team that most think are going back to the superbowl. Held brady to his lowest passer rating on the year, held him under 300 yards, held him to his 2nd lowest TD amount (tied) this season, kept Blount from going over 70 yards and no WR received over 100 yards. 

it doesn't matter how many points the offense scores - the whole mindset of the jets was that the defense was going to lead the team.  who scored 2 TDs for the pats yesterday?  some rookie that got torched by our $17M man twice.  how many sacks or QB pressures did the "stud" defensive line have yesterday? how great is our "defensive mastermind" head coach doing?  it's easy to blame the offense when there isn't a competent QB, TE or heck, offensive coordinator, but everyone was talking about how this defense was going to be top 3 and it's been a severe misjudgment.  until there's a QB back there for the jets, it's always going to be the defense's fault.

Archived