Totally sick of this coaching staff.

Tony The Wiz

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

The question should be more, how did the best HC of all time with the best QB of all time almost lose to our sad pathetic roster in a nail biter, again?

I say that sarcastically, because when the Jets eek by an inferior opponent a lot of our fans want everyone fired and cut. There are no easy games in the NFL. A win is a win. 

The Patriots did what they always do against us. They keep the game close, don't turn the ball over, don't make mistakes, and win it at the end. The only time they couldn't win it at the end against us in a game that mattered was in the 2010 playoffs

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team is playing hard .  The problem is the Veterans on the team are shot and the kids don't have enough experience to make up the difference . The only thing  keeping the Jets this close in some of these games is the speed/mobility of the inexperience youngsters . Jets are going to be a playoff team in 2017 and a headache for the rest of the NFL going forward . The key will be finding a QB and staying the course with this coaching staff under severe pressure from media and fans to make a change .

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

It depends on the type of vets you have though. Steve Smith Sr., a guy who's been in the league FOREVER plays as hard as anyone in the entire league....everyday. You keep a guy like that, instead we give Mo a mega contract that #1 he wasnt worth, but 2ndly had to talk to him about his "commitment to the team" BEFORE having him sign on the dotted line. 

What were the Jets front office thinking? If Wilk was doing this on a rookie contract, what do you think is going to happen when you put 20 million in his bank account per season? This isnt about coaching having these guys buy-in....this is about getting the right guys with the right mentality. Everytime we hear about players that are considered "the best", the first thing that comes to mind from people who know these individuals are their sickening dedication. We got guys who are missing practices, meetings and birthday parties.

That's not on the coach my friend.  

You bring up some good points. Its why BB lets vets go and only keeps certain ones he feels he can get buy in from and motivate. But Revis and Clady are two players that have played well and been self motivated for a while. Joe brought up Kerley that I feel the same way about.

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

The team is playing hard .  The problem is the Veterans on the team are shot and the kids don't have enough experience to make up the difference . The only thing  keeping the Jets this close in some of these games is the speed/mobility of the inexperience youngsters . Jets are going to be a playoff team in 2017 and a headache for the rest of the NFL going forward . The key will be finding a QB and staying the course with this coaching staff under severe pressure from media and fans to make a change .

Your predictions of the future fall on the category of "homeristic bullsh!t based on nothing seen from anything from this season."

If the Jets punt with 41 seconds in a half and decent field position, try risky FGs with a kicker who gets them blocked from that distance, play prevent defense against great QBs, nothing will change except the number of the year.

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

You bring up some good points. Its why BB lets vets go and only keeps certain ones he feels he can get buy in from and motivate. But Revis and Clady are two players that have played well and been self motivated for a while. Joe brought up Kerley that I feel the same way about.

Which is how guys like Mike Vrabel and Teddy Bruschi became legends. Guys who probably would have been JAGS or bench warmers anywhere else, but Belichick takes dedication over everything else. Same coach that traded his best defensive player to the Browns for f'ing peanuts. Same coach that refused to put Goskowski back in the game because he's missing FG's. 

Belichick doesnt play around. Bowles needs to learn to cut players down no matter how big the name and put in players who are dedicated...not matter how raw 

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

it doesn't matter how many points the offense scores - the whole mindset of the jets was that the defense was going to lead the team.  who scored 2 TDs for the pats yesterday?  some rookie that got torched by our $17M man twice.  how many sacks or QB pressures did the "stud" defensive line have yesterday? how great is our "defensive mastermind" head coach doing?  it's easy to blame the offense when there isn't a competent QB, TE or heck, offensive coordinator, but everyone was talking about how this defense was going to be top 3 and it's been a severe misjudgment.  until there's a QB back there for the jets, it's always going to be the defense's fault.

it's all about the offense.  sanchez/geno/fitz, just turnover machines.  makes it so much harder to win.  then the hc keeps defending fitz.  where's the real locker room fear of playing petty, besides marshall, decker and mangold - 2 of whom are injured anyway.  

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Your predictions of the future fall on the category of "homeristic bullsh!t based on nothing seen from anything from this season."

If the Jets punt with 41 seconds in a half and decent field position, try risky FGs with a kicker who gets them blocked from that distance, play prevent defense against great QBs, nothing will change except the number of the year.

You're right, my bad . Mind if I encourage myself instead of whatever it is you're doing  .

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Guys want to play. Whether it's for Tom Brady or Bryce Petty. They have pride because they have to answer to their friends.

So, this notion that they don't want to play for a rookie QB or aren't motivatable seems incorrect.

My issue is that even with a vet QB they aren't performing. Case in point, Brandon Marshall had a chance for a TD score on a pass that was slightly overthrown. Did he sell out to get two arms on it? NO, he tried some bullsh*t one-armed catch that, of course, he was unable to pull in. So, if that's going to be his effort, who cares who is under center, it's not going to matter.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

it's all about the offense.  sanchez/geno/fitz, just turnover machines.  makes it so much harder to win.  then the hc keeps defending fitz.  where's the real locker room fear of playing petty, besides marshall, decker and mangold - 2 of whom are injured anyway.  

Basically the Jets defense must give up no more than 7 points per game against anyone in order for Jets fans to say that "the defense did their job". 

i'm not saying the offense isn't to blame.  unfortunately for this year - fitz played the best i've seen him play and it only yields 17 points?  how many times is the defense on the field with the lead in the 4th quarter and they blow it though?  bengals, rams, dolphins and pats so far come to mind this year.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Which is how guys like Mike Vrabel and Teddy Bruschi became legends. Guys who probably would have been JAGS or bench warmers anywhere else, but Belichick takes dedication over everything else. Same coach that traded his best defensive player to the Browns for f'ing peanuts. 

Yeah I mean maybe part of the personnel problem is another bi product of the Jets idiotic power structure. But Revis, Clady, Wilk and Sheldon. Gilcrist has never played this bad either. Its pretty much every vet on the roster besides BM.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Basically the Jets defense must give up no more than 7 points per game against anyone in order for Jets fans to say that "the defense did their job". 

look at the panthers/raiders game yesterday.  that's today's nfl.  there are too many good qbs, too many tall, fast wrs and too much speed on offense to expect to hold the other team to 14-17 points per game.  this isn't baseball.  and bowles is ultra conservative, which doesn't maximize the offensive potential of the team.  

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Guys want to play. Whether it's for Tom Brady or Bryce Petty. They have pride because they have to answer to their friends.

So, this notion that they don't want to play for a rookie QB or aren't motivatable seems incorrect.

My issue is that even with a vet QB they aren't performing. Case in point, Brandon Marshall had a chance for a TD score on a pass that was slightly overthrown. Did he sell out to get two arms on it? NO, he tried some bullsh*t one-armed catch that, of course, he was unable to pull in. So, if that's going to be his effort, who cares who is under center, it's not going to matter.

I am obviously not a body language expert - but in my 40 years of watching football I have never seen a more disinterested group of football players.

And I agree. QB is the least of the issues to me anyway.

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I mean maybe part of the personnel problem is another bi product of the Jets idiotic power structure. But Revis, Clady, Wilk and Sheldon. Gilcrist has never played this bad either. Its pretty much every vet on the roster besides BM.

But playing bad and giving effort are two different things. Clady is hurt, but Ben Ijalana isnt making us miss him. Nick Mangold is hurt but Wesley isnt making us miss him, Sheldon was playing out of position alot of times but has played well back in his natural position. Gilchrist is having a terrible season, as well as Revis. Brandon Marshall always gives his all, even when he's being disruptive. We cant say the same for guys like Mo Wilkerson. 

Think about it, Marshall and Revis was getting into it during practice of all things this past summer. These guys are dedicated, Revis has just fallen off a cliff. So again, playing bad doesnt mean you're not giving your all. Revis "all" today simply isnt good enough...thats all. 

Just now, RSJ said:

I am obviously not a body language expert - but in my 40 years of watching football I have never seen a more disinterested group of football players.

You're probably right. My point was that the coaching staff hasn't pushed any buttons to keep them interested. No one is accountable, so none of the vets care because they know that the Bowles won't sit them. People think that playing a veteran at QB, when he sucks, would keep them interested. They aren't. And their effort has sucked, so why not bench them.

But playing bad and giving effort are two different things. Clady is hurt, but Ben Ijalana isnt making us miss him. Nick Mangold is hurt but Wesley isnt making us miss him, Sheldon was playing out of position alot of times but has played well back in his natural position. Gilchrist is having a terrible season, as well as Revis. Brandon Marshall always gives his all, even when he's being disruptive. We cant say the same for guys like Mo Wilkerson. 

Think about it, Marshall and Revis was getting into it during practice of all things this past summer. These guys are dedicated, Revis has just fallen off a cliff. So again, playing bad doesnt mean you're not giving your all. Revis "all" today simply isnt good enough...thats all. 

agree here.  if there's one encouraging thing lately, it's that the younger guys aren't making anyone miss the vets.  the whole 'win now' concept is gone b/c most of the vets stink.  mccags has done a nice job with most of the young guys he's brought in.  and as always all we need is to find a qb...

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Retaining Bowles does this team no bit of good he is not the answer. 

There is more to the story about the defense not playing up to expectations we got a small portion when Mo and Sheldon missed meetings and it was rumored they werent happy with the way they were being used. 

Jeremy Kerley comes to mind the guy is playing lights out football in SF yet Bowles benched him last season. 

It seems to me Todd Bowles is not well liked amongst all the players only a few veterans who tell him how to run the team who get their way like him. 

That Bowles will be fired is a given, but now the media is saying he deserves one more year. I can't see wasting another year on a guy the team has no (or little) respect for. He does not have the fire to make guys get in line. Look how he handled the Mo / Sheldon situation. Missing MULTIPLE walk throughs and late for meetngs. That is a capital crime on most teams. Tom Coughlin's Giants had to be five minutes EARLY or they were late. The coaching staff did a credible job against the Pats, and the players - most of them anyway - played hard, but Bowles DOES NOT deserve another year because he won 10 games last year. That is the argument put forth by Manless Mehta and George Willis and I say they are full of what makes the grass grow green. Bowles is in over his head and this would be a mercy firing. It is going to happen anyway, so why wait. Bowles was NOT the Jets first choice for the job Dan Quinn was, but in a typical panic move by neutered owner Woody Johnson, they tapped Bowles instead of simply waiting for the guy they wanted.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Time will tell. You are right that the young guys coming in have been encouraging. I will say that Parcells went through a lot of this his first year on the job. And I think a new OC would have helped a lot yesterday. Two weeks and nothing new on offense.

Hmm, some good stuff, some fantasy here:

This love affair with Richardson seems misplaced. For a guy supposed to be so disruptive, he hasn't made any impact plays that I remember.

The love affair with Marshall, too, seems unrequited. Enunwa, to me, is clearly playing harder and with more impact. Revis sucks and I can't believe it's totally from a diminishment of skills. For example, I saw a play where Revis pulled up because there was a slight chance that he would get hurt. He's not giving his all. Same with Marshall: a chance to sell out to catch a TD pass resulted in a lame, one-armed attempt.

None of the vets are playing with anything more than cursory effort. they certainly aren't the spiritual leaders of this team.

20 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Sure did watch the game. I saw a team with a medicore at best roster almost bear a super bowl contender, hall of fame hc and qb combo. Im not saying Bowles should be given a pass forever, but he isnt the reason we lost.

The defensive play calling wasn't good even if you didn't notice.

I know we have no pass rushers but to constantly just rush 3 or 4 and have everyone else fall back in zone plays into Brady.  If Gronkowski and Bennett were healthy it would have been a blowout

Just now, RSJ said:

Time will tell. You are right that the young guys coming in have been encouraging. And I think a new OC would have helped a lot yesterday. Two weeks and nothing new on offense.

maybe there's only so much you can do with fitz.  a trick play here and there maybe.  but in the end the starter is still limited physically, stares down wrs and turns it over too much.  while i hate to admit it, it makes sense to keep things basic and simple if he's the starter.  the question is why is he still starting?

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

look at the panthers/raiders game yesterday.  that's today's nfl.  there are too many good qbs, too many tall, fast wrs and too much speed on offense to expect to hold the other team to 14-17 points per game.  this isn't baseball.  and bowles is ultra conservative, which doesn't maximize the offensive potential of the team.  

Both the Panthers and Raiders have top 10 QB's on their team that can put up points against any team. Both teams however both gave up much more than 22 points yesterday. Bowles held the SB favorite Patriots to 22 points and made Tom Brady look human last night. The Jets offense is, and has always been the problem. 

I said this stat last season and people laughed at me. I said that when the opposing team scores 21 or more points per game, Fitz loses that game 85% of the time...and in the last 4 years it was over 90%. That's just a f'ing ridiculous stat to have. I'll have to blame Todd Bowles partially for that signing as well because he was the guy who said that Fitz would be the Jets starter when Fitz wasnt even under contract and was a free agent. You do something like that when the QB is a guy like Cam Newton or Derek Carr...not Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

It gets to the point where Jets fans need to stop blaming the defense when historically its been because of the defense that the Jets have had any sort of success. The Jets defense was pretty dominant last season and we didnt make the playoffs because of the offense. When we had our last 2 playoff runs it was because of the defense. We need an offense that can put up points, but more importantly we need to get players to where the coaching staff doesnt need to be so conservative. You have to be conservative with Ryan FItzpatrick or you run the risk of this guy throwing pick after pick. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

maybe there's only so much you can do with fitz.  a trick play here and there maybe.  but in the end the starter is still limited physically, stares down wrs and turns it over too much.  while i hate to admit it, it makes sense to keep things basic and simple if he's the starter.  the question is why is he still starting?

According to Bowles, they "can do more with him..." Yet they do nothing different with him.

My thought is that they could do more with a QB who the book hasn't already been written, read, and re-read.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

agree here.  if there's one encouraging thing lately, it's that the younger guys aren't making anyone miss the vets.  the whole 'win now' concept is gone b/c most of the vets stink.  mccags has done a nice job with most of the young guys he's brought in.  and as always all we need is to find a qb...

Mac is our first GM in a long time with a clue he definitely needs to stay

Bowles is a dud as a head coach. It's not overreaction to say that how can anyone watch this and think Bowles deserves another year?

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Petty was awful against the Rams. He played hard though like all the other young guys.

You have to be conservative with Ryan FItzpatrick or you run the risk of this guy throwing pick after pick. 

I bet he starts again this week. Bowles is going to go over the waterfall with this guy, and I hope it is a steep fall. Fire Bowles.

IYou have to be conservative with Ryan FItzpatrick or you run the risk of this guy throwing pick after pick. 

this is the underlying problem.  they're fully invested in a guy who is inferior to other qbs.  it doesn't matter who the weapons are.  this is what makes the whole 'best chance to win' crap all the more frustrating.  the guy who loses every time the other team scores a few tds is not the guy who gives any team the best chance to win.

Just now, RSJ said:

Petty was awful against the Rams. He played hard though like all the other young guys.

Petty also had to split 1st team reps with a guy who wasnt going to play given an injury. Bowles should have made a firm decision, stated that Petty was going to start and then allowed Petty the entire week to prepare. Instead Petty was given partial reps and then told the night before that he was the starter. 

If anyone wants to blame the coaching staff for their faults, stuff like this would be the perfect example. 

Just now, RSJ said:

I wouldn't say "awful". In the end, the game was just as close as this one was, and most of the games Fitzpatrick has lost: late game-clinching turnover.

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Mac is our first GM in a long time with a clue he definitely needs to stay

Bowles is a dud as a head coach. It's not overreaction to say that how can anyone watch this and think Bowles deserves another year?

Both the Daily News and Post had articles today saying just that. Because he won 10 games last year - and is likely to lose at least 12 this one - he deserves a third year? That is patently STUPID. He is NOT doing the job. The players don't have enough respect for him and he will certainly be fired after next season, so why waste the time? He wasn't the guy Woody Johnson wanted - that would be Dan Quinn - but in yet another typical panic move Johnson tapped Bowles.

this is the underlying problem.  they're fully invested in a guy who is inferior to other qbs.  it doesn't matter who the weapons are.  this is what makes the whole 'best chance to win' crap all the more frustrating.  the guy who loses every time the other team scores a few tds is not the guy who gives any team the best chance to win.

Exactly.

Fitzpatrick is a guy that keeps it close, no matter how many points the other team scores.

On the playground basketball court, we called it "self check".

Archived