Totally sick of this coaching staff.

Tony The Wiz

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Mike Glennon is an unproven commodity talk is cheap if he was so good the Bucs wouldnt have drafted Winston.

Not true.  Winston was considered a true franchise quarterback; not too many teams are going to pass up a chance to draft a player like that.  

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Glennon is an unproven commodity talk is cheap if he was so good the Bucs wouldnt have drafted Winston.

The Chargers drafted Philip Rivers with Drew Brees still on the roster.  Glennon has looked infinitely better than your boy Geno when he's been on the field BTW.

28 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Glennon has played and played pretty decent.

Some of these guys have no idea what they are talking about.  Glennon has played very well in his limited action; whether he is the answer here or elsewhere is unknown but the idea that he is some scrub like Bollinger or Simms is ridiculous.  He is backing up the number one pick in the draft of a year ago.  It is not like he is backing up Ryan Fitzpatrick lol. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Disagree what about Mike Glennon if he was so good he wouldnt be available anytime soon.

They have Winston. He is never going to play unless of an injury; time for them to get something for him before he leaves as a FA. 

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

The Chargers drafted Philip Rivers with Drew Brees still on the roster.  Glennon has looked infinitely better than your boy Geno when he's been on the field BTW.

I was a Geno supporter and this is absolutely true. 

Just now, JetBlue said:

I was a Geno supporter and this is absolutely true. 

And it's not even close.  Geno had a few good games against some of the leagues bottom-feeders, while Glennon was showing solid performances on the road against the Seahawks during their SB year (arguably the best defense EVER) and a win against the Steelers despite being on a far less talented roster.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Thats fine and agree so we lay all our eggs on Glennon another retread and continue to cry 'we are rebuilding" with yet another non franchise QB

Thats fine and agree so we lay all our eggs on Glennon another retread and continue to cry 'we are rebuilding" with yet another non franchise QB

Curious to see how NFL talent evaporators see the situation.  We'll come back to this once Glennon and Geno have signed their respective deals to see what the NFL thinks of both players.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the offensive game plan and calls today.  Or the way any part of the game was coached.  

17 points does not get you a win against NE.  And the last 7 came on a miracle catch by Enunwa.  The Pats had no pass rush.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Its more of a stop gap with potential to be the answer than it is a rebuild.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not true. We continue to develop Hack and in year or two, if Glennon proves to be a mistake, Hack steps right in and SuperBowl here we come! :-)

Or Glennon plays well, we continue to develop Hack, trade Glennon in two years for picks, Hack steps right in and SuperBowl here we come! :-)

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Not true. We continue to develop Hack and in year or two, if Glennon proves to be a mistake, Hack steps right in and SuperBowl here we come! :-)

Or Glennon plays well, we continue to develop Hack, trade Glennon in two years for picks, Hack steps right in and SuperBowl here we come! :-)

What about Bryce Petty? 

Just now, JetBlue said:

They have Winston. He is never going to play unless of an injury; time for them to get something for him before he leaves as a FA. 

I wouldn't trade for him. We need every pick we can get. Sheldons a goner, let's hope it's a 2, but I'm sure it will be a 3. Now that the Chargers have Bosa, Richardson could flourish in San Diego. Round 3 is a sweet spot for RBs that drop & we need a young one. Our top picks have to aces either at CB, Edge rusher or OT. We're building some depth with guys like Mauldin, Catapano, but they're not suited for starting in the NFL. I've said this before, Collins should be on the Jets radar but I think the Browns will sign him to a long term deal. What FA Oline are coming up for contracts?

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

The team is playing hard .  The problem is the Veterans on the team are shot and the kids don't have enough experience to make up the difference . The only thing  keeping the Jets this close in some of these games is the speed/mobility of the inexperience youngsters . Jets are going to be a playoff team in 2017 and a headache for the rest of the NFL going forward . The key will be finding a QB and staying the course with this coaching staff under severe pressure from media and fans to make a change .

I don't agree about the CS and I hope I'm wrong since I'm pretty sure they will be here in 2017.  None the less, thanks for the good, hopeful post.

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

He is ready in the wings in case Glennon or later Hack gets hurt! 

Wait, so the present day backup goes to No. 3?! Based on...your love affair with someone else's backup, who has nary a day in our system?

Fantasy football mentality.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This was the only play I had a problem with, other than that the coaching was pretty good imo. Players didn't execute, especially our big money players. Where was Mo Wilk? Revis was getting broke off by a rookie WR,  Fitz turns the ball over again in the 4th quarter. 

You can't score 17 points and expect to beat the Patriots. The Jets defense held Tom Brady to 22 points. That let's me know that overall the defensive scheme worked. 

Think about it, the Jets defense kept Brady under 300 yards passing with his lowest passer rating of the season, Blount was held under 70 yards rushing, no Pats WR went over 100 yards receiving and the Patriots 22 points was the lowest amount of points with Brady under center this year. Seriously, whats the problem here if its not the offense? 

Generally speaking, what more must the defense do here? The Jets offense scored 17 points. Who are we beating by scoring 17 points? Not most teams and especially not the NE Patriots. On a player-by-player perspective, sure I can get on guys like Mo and Revis, but as a defensive unit those guys did the job. The offense simply are not scoring points. 

Big Picture-agreed; defense has not been awful. But it's by no means great.There is no pass rush, and the secondary is awful. With all that yesterday was decent. Once again when the offense goes long stretches doing practically nothing the defense will get tired. This has been a hallmark of Bowles; scores look kinda okay, but the reality is the jets aren't really in the game, and good teams treat this offense like a noncombatant that will shoot itself in the foot later in the game. And you have to expect a HoF QB is gonna doing something late in the game. Again,  Bowles doesn't grasp in a straight up talent game with the Pats, the Jets would lose. So you have to roll the dice on offense to not give Brady the ball back, or even score. If you want to go by The Book, the conservative crap Bowles is wedded to, this is a loss. 

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Okay, I don't know enough about him to offer an opinion.  

He left UT as a hated starting QB by his coaches and most of his teammates . Has never started a single NFL game but has been under the guidance of Andy Reed for 4 years sitting and learning .  He's 24, with an absolute cannon for an arm and should be ready to see game action and compete . He was named the #2 QB before the season winning a competition with former Georgia starter Aaron Murray who was a draft pick .  Bray was an UDFA with such a bad rep, his coaches at UT went on record with scouts about him.

I think the kid is ready . I could also be a fan of his, LOL .  

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

I wouldn't trade for him. We need every pick we can get. Sheldons a goner, let's hope it's a 2, but I'm sure it will be a 3. Now that the Chargers have Bosa, Richardson could flourish in San Diego. Round 3 is a sweet spot for RBs that drop & we need a young one. Our top picks have to aces either at CB, Edge rusher or OT. We're building some depth with guys like Mauldin, Catapano, but they're not suited for starting in the NFL. I've said this before, Collins should be on the Jets radar but I think the Browns will sign him to a long term deal. What FA Oline are coming up for contracts?

Okay this is a true hypothetical so please don't kill me with this.   Let's say we can get Glennon for a 3rd at worst a 2nd and he becomes a poor mans' Tom Brady.  How much better does that make the team, even with all the needs you mentioned?  We will still have the rest of our picks and as you mentioned perhaps a 3rd for Richardson.  The point is with a quality quarterback how much better would this team be, even with the exact same personnel or slightly better?  

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

He left UT as a hated starting QB by his coaches and most of his teammates . Has never started a single NFL game but has been under the guidance of Andy Reed for 4 years sitting and learning .  He's 24, with an absolute cannon for an arm and should be ready to see game action and compete . He was named the #2 QB before the season winning a competition with former Georgia starter Aaron Murray who was a draft pick .  Bray was an UDFA with such a bad rep, his coaches at UT went on record with scouts about him.

Hmmm.... sounds like the second coming of Jeff George.   Never good when your starting qb is hated by his coaches and teammates, lol. 

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

That is interesting. I didn't know that about him. I am open to anyone that is under 26, and has potential to place with Hack and Petty for next season. I do remember liking Bray coming out - but I wasnt sure why.

Just now, JetBlue said:

Thanks, and while we are at it, what is your plan exactly? 

I would rather go with a rookie Bryce Petty seems to be on the right track of being a quality NFL QB we need to give him a chance evaluate him next 3 games then give Hack the ball and see where we stand.  

We may have to pull off a trade or keep drafting QB's until we get lucky. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

In all honesty, I think Revis is finished...and because of that the Jets dont have a #1 or #2 CB right now given that no one could convince me that Buster Skrine is a #2. He's a slot guy. 

It's hard for me to say that Revis "quit", maybe he has and Im a bit reluctant to say it given that he's one of my top 3 all-time favorite Jets, but one thing that is for certain...Darrelle Revis should not be a Jet next year. I would say bench him, but how do you bench "Darrelle Revis" without creating a crazy media storm around the team and possibly putting your GM on front street? 

The back-end of Revis career is quickly looking like Nnamdi asomugha's career after he left the Raiders. Sad thing to see honestly. 

revis has declined over this season.  he was clearly not making good tackles yesterday.  he was always a good tackler even if he was giving up a completion. yesterday he let a friggin rookie wr, and a not really good one, beat him.  but it goes deeper than that.  except for williams there weren't any defenders making good plays consistently.  maybe harris, but the patsies also didn't run much. guys always seemed to be out of position and it doesn't take much. they way brady was gimping around some serious pressure, especially in the second half, could've worked wonders.

Just now, rangerous said:

revis has declined over this season.  he was clearly not making good tackles yesterday.  he was always a good tackler even if he was giving up a completion. yesterday he let a friggin rookie wr, and a not really good one, beat him.  but it goes deeper than that.  except for williams there weren't any defenders making good plays consistently.  maybe harris, but the patsies also didn't run much. guys always seemed to be out of position and it doesn't take much. they way brady was gimping around some serious pressure, especially in the second half, could've worked wonders.

Revis is a product of the environment the entire defense stinks and poorly coached, 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I would rather go with a rookie Bryce Petty seems to be on the right track of being a quality NFL QB we need to give him a chance evaluate him next 3 games then give Hack the ball and see where we stand.  

We may have to pull off a trade or keep drafting QB's until we get lucky. 

I have no problem going with Petty if our brain dead HC ever allows him to play. 

13 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Wait, so the present day backup goes to No. 3?! Based on...your love affair with someone else's backup, who has nary a day in our system?

Fantasy football mentality.

I guess I should have posted in green.  I was kinda kidding.  LOL

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Lol, ok.  You mean like with the season and playoffs in the line, in the red zone have your RB try a half back option for an INT ending the season? 

Every time a play doesn't work it isn't a bad call.  The other team makes plays too. Chan called a great game today.  

Exactly, well said.

The plays are designed to work. It comes down to the players executing the plays. Our team just isnt very good.

People can point at coaching all they want. The team won 10 games last year with the same people in charge. The team just doesnt have that much talent. We have no QB, are veterans are showing their age. And we dont have enough good young players. Thats an organizational failure that dates back years.

Revis is a product of the environment the entire defense stinks and poorly coached, 

well, sometimes you're stuck danincing with the person you brought to the dance.  given revis' contract, there's not much they can do at this point.  and even though they can cut him before next season, he still counts quite a bit against the cap.  i don't know what happens if he retires.  and some people say he's got to go to free safety, but that means he'll have to tackle more.  if he can't tackle he can't go.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

well, sometimes you're stuck danincing with the person you brought to the dance.  given revis' contract, there's not much they can do at this point.  and even though they can cut him before next season, he still counts quite a bit against the cap.  i don't know what happens if he retires.  and some people say he's got to go to free safety, but that means he'll have to tackle more.  if he can't tackle he can't go.

What a horror show....

Archived