Are the Jets any better off than the Rex/Idzik regime?

Ken Schroy

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

How many of Idzik's picks actually played? How many of Maccagnan's picks have played meaningful minutes.

There's your answer.

Idzik: Enunwa, Richardson, Milliner.

Maccagnan: Williams, Lee, Jenkins, Peake, Edwards, Mauldin

Not to mention the UDFAs, Anderson and Marshall

and he had 12 picks 2 years ago in a draft w/ tons of talent.  Thankfully he got Enunwa but that draft set us back years.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Rex w/ his undermanned team kept Bowles out of the playoffs last year and Rex w/ a depleted team this year is in the playoff race while we were out by Halloween.

I noticed you left out that Bowles Jets beating Rex's Bills this season has left them tied for 5th place for a wildcard spot at this point.  I'm sure this was just an oversight.

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Executive of the Year is selected by the likes of Mehta and Cimini. It means dick. 

I have no idea how Idzik's drafts can be considered more pathetic than Maccagnan's. In two years, each of them has given us a really good DT and basically nothing else.

Well, you can start and end with the fact that Idzik passed on Carr, Garrapolo and Bridgewater, cause he had Geno Smith!!! Let that process.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Mac is better than Idzik for sure. Mac actually won exec of the year last year. Idzik was pathetic especially in the draft.

Bowles and Rex are about equal.  One is quiet the other is loud but both are 3-4 defensive guys who will go as far as the Qb takes them.  Firing either of these guys doesn't make the team better it just makes Tom Shane stop twitching for a couple hours. 

Both are defensive "geniuses" who's defense perennially suck ass. I have never heard more bluster / BS from an organization bloviating how great their defense is, when in reality their defense(s) are bottom 3 in the league every year. Bowltite should be ashamed to call himself a defensive minded coach, let alone a defensive "guru" for the defense he has put forth this season - it is bordering on a disgrace. When was the last time they got a turnover? When was the last time they got a defensive score? When was the last time they came up with a huge stop at the end of a game to secure a victory?

Name me one Jet fan who thought the lead was safe last week at the end of the game, regardless of who the opposing QB was, it could have been Captain Kangaroo and it would not have mattered. These guys are over paid, over rated stiffs who never EVER come up with a big play, and for some ungodly reason think they are the 85 Bears.

Agree Mac > Idzdick, but that is it.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

I noticed you left out that Bowles Jets beating Rex's Bills this season has left them tied for 5th place for a wildcard spot at this point.  I'm sure this was just an oversight.

awesome, that was when everyone was syaing rex would be fired and what a disaster Buf was at 0-2.  hoe he wouldn't even last the season and now here we are in december and they are a game out of a playoff spot

Rex had 6 years with the Jets. Bowles isn't even through 2. It's hard to compare the two at this juncture. Rex is what he is. I'd take him to be a defensive coordinator any day, but he's not head coach material. The sooner the Bills realize that, the better off that team will be. He can't stay out of his own way.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Well, you can start and end with the fact that Idzik passed on Carr, Garrapolo and Bridgewater, cause he had Geno Smith!!! Let that process.

I mean, if you want to play that game, we have Christian Hackenberg who wasn't good enough to be our 3rd string QB in the second round while Dak Prescott has 1 loss.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

awesome, that was when everyone was syaing rex would be fired and what a disaster Buf was at 0-2.  hoe he wouldn't even last the season and now here we are in december and they are a game out of a playoff spot

A game out of being in a 3 way tie for a playoff spot.  I'm sure you meant to say that too.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Why do jets fans get caught up in the whole, is the sh*t show we are in now any worse than the sh*t show of a few years back and oh how i long for the sh*t show from 3 years ago because it may have been slightly less of a sh*t show than this sh*t show.

Because we're forced to what a different sh*t show?

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I mean, if you want to play that game, we have Christian Hackenberg who wasn't good enough to be our 3rd string QB in the second round while Dak Prescott has 1 loss.

Yeah, but I don't believe Prescott would be doing anything near what he is doing if he were on the Jets. He looks good, but he has an amazing OL and amazing RB. I would take Carr any day of the week over him. I don't believe Prescott is a franchise QB, I think he can be a middle of the pack QB, he is not going to win games on his own IMO.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

it's better than 3-8, right?  if they can pull off the upset this week they will be in great shape.

Yes, it is better than 3-8.  And, if it's simply about records, then just say that.  Rex > Bowles because of their record this year.  I guess Bowles > Rex, last year, even despite losing to him?

Just now, NoBowles said:

Yeah, but I don't believe Prescott would be doing anything near what he is doing if he were on the Jets. He looks good, but he has an amazing OL and amazing RB. I would take Carr any day of the week over him. I don't believe Prescott is a franchise QB, I think he can be a middle of the pack QB, he is not going to win games on his own IMO.

I won't argue with any of that.  What I will argue is that Prescott in the 4th is far better than Hackenberg in the 2nd.  Or Hackenberg in the 3rd.  Or Hackenberg in the 4th.  Or Hackenberg at all.

Just now, gEYno said:

I won't argue with any of that.  What I will argue is that Prescott in the 4th is far better than Hackenberg in the 2nd.  Or Hackenberg in the 3rd.  Or Hackenberg in the 4th.  Or Hackenberg at all.

He was a reach. No question about it. But given the fact that they will draft a QB again this year, it can be corrected.

10 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Both are defensive "geniuses" who's defense perennially suck ass. I have never heard more bluster / BS from an organization bloviating how great their defense is, when in reality their defense(s) are bottom 3 in the league every year. Bowltite should be ashamed to call himself a defensive minded coach, let alone a defensive "guru" for the defense he has put forth this season - it is bordering on a disgrace. When was the last time they got a turnover? When was the last time they got a defensive score? When was the last time they came up with a huge stop at the end of a game to secure a victory?

Name me one Jet fan who thought the lead was safe last week at the end of the game, regardless of who the opposing QB was, it could have been Captain Kangaroo and it would not have mattered. These guys are over paid, over rated stiffs who never EVER come up with a big play, and for some ungodly reason think they are the 85 Bears.

Agree Mac > Idzdick, but that is it.

it could have been Captain Kangaroo...

Dude, I'm at work. I can't be LOL like this

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well alot of people thought 10-6 was bad so you're asking the wrong crew

blowing a playoff spot against a dead team in week 17 was bad.

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yes, it is better than 3-8.  And, if it's simply about records, then just say that.  Rex > Bowles because of their record this year.  I guess Bowles > Rex, last year, even despite losing to him?

Bowles has had more talent to work with.  when rex had talent like the 2015 Jets he had us competing to win the AFC.

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I didn't see Romo winning 10 straight games EVER in his career. Sure, he's not had a body of work YET, but he sure seems like a franchise QB to me. Then again, I have FitzLoser and QBs the coaching staff won't let play, so, what do I know...

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He was a reach. No question about it. But given the fact that they will draft a QB again this year, it can be corrected.

1) Drafting a QB this year is not a "fact," despite that it seems somewhat likely.

2) It cannot be corrected because we cannot and will not ever get that 2nd round pick back.  On a team with this many holes, could we have benefited from an OT there?  How about a CB?  How about a TE?  Instead, we got a 4th string QB.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Strongly doubt they will be drafting a QB this year.   NO QB in this draft IMO is worth an early 1st round pick.

Jets already have two project QB's who were drafted by Macc in the 2nd, and traded up for in the 4th.  Neither has been given a chance.  To take another QB, in a very weak QB draft would be admitting he has wasted 3 draft picks.

If both young QB's fail next year, the 2018 draft, at this point at least, looks like a much stronger QB draft early.  Of course if both young QB's fail this coming year it probably won't be Macc making e selection

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Saying this again doesn't make it true.

Rex has a QB, and Bowles does not.

Rex took over a 9-7 team and Bowles took over Rex's 4-12 team.

Fitz threw 31 TDs a year, Taylor has 31 the last 2 years.  Taylor is ok, he's in the Fitz range.  

Bowles took over a 4-12 team loaded w/ cap space that spent a boatload, rex took over a paper 9-7 team that folded in their biggest games.  rex took over a franchise that hasn't been to the playoffs since 1999.  Buffalo has not made the playoffs this Century.

Rex is better, it's not close, it's not debatable.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Wilk - terrible contract

Revis - terible contract

Fitz - not worth 1/4 of the money mac gave him.

Drafting qbs that cant even play?

mac has been awful.

Revis is not his contract... its Woody's... You cannot fault him for that. Mac has made mistakes but he has also traded for Marshall and Fitz last year that should have been a playoff team if not for some poor coaching decisions.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

How many of Idzik's picks actually played? How many of Maccagnan's picks have played meaningful minutes.

There's your answer.

Idzik: Enunwa, Richardson, Milliner.

Maccagnan: Williams, Lee, Jenkins, Peake, Edwards, Mauldin

Not to mention the UDFAs, Anderson and Marshall

This isn't an argument; you're just listing guys, and considering you left off Winters, Pryor, and Marcus Williams, you suck at that, too.

With the exception of Williams, all of the Maccagnan guys playing "meaningful minutes" are terrible.

37 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

With his track record can Macc even be trusted to draft another QB? 

Which of the two QB's he's drafted has stunk up the joint? Did he draft Sanchez or Geno? At least give Petty or Hack 2-3 years before making these kind of absurd statements.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Mac is better than Idzik for sure. Mac actually won exec of the year last year. Idzik was pathetic especially in the draft.

Bowles and Rex are about equal.  One is quiet the other is loud but both are 3-4 defensive guys who will go as far as the Qb takes them.  Firing either of these guys doesn't make the team better it just makes Tom Shane stop twitching for a couple hours. 

We're more talented, by far.

We're worse Coached.

We're still horrible at QB, that didn't change.

24 minutes ago, section314 said:

Which of the two QB's he's drafted has stunk up the joint? Did he draft Sanchez or Geno? At least give Petty or Hack 2-3 years before making these kind of absurd statements.

Dak Pescott starts for Dallas a 4th rounder. We have 2 guys one a 4th and the other a 2nd rounder who are still in developmental stages.

Archived