Are the Jets any better off than the Rex/Idzik regime?

Ken Schroy

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The O-Line is a train wreck.

The D-Line is good but they have 3 guys who do the same thing. Richardson is forced out of position and Wilkerson is obviously still recovering from a broken leg or just got his money and decided to start dogging it. One or the other. I'm going with the idea he's still hurt. But either way, the D-Line has suffered.

The QB is extremely average. Rex has a much better QB. Rex has better talent right now. And he's not getting that team to the playoffs barring a late miracle.

The Ol is far from a train wreck.  

the DL is the most talented in the league.  richardson isn't forced anywhere, we do't have a creative coach.

80% of the league has average QB play.

Average QBs currently in the playoff race:

Ryan tannehill

Tyrod Taylor

Kirk Cousins

Eli Manning

Sam Bradford

Brock Osweiler

Trevor Siemien

Carson Palmer

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Ol is far from a train wreck.  

the DL is the most talented in the league.  richardson isn't forced anywhere, we do't have a creative coach.

80% of the league has average QB play.

Average QBs currently in the playoff race:

Ryan tannehill

Tyrod Taylor

Kirk Cousins

Eli Manning

Sam Bradford

Brock Osweiler

Trevor Siemien

Carson Palmer

Please explain to me how the O-Line isnt a train wreck when we have a bad left tackle and right tackle? Did you see how the game against NE ended?

None of those QB's and what they are doing matter. What does Eli Manning and the Ginats have anything to do with Fitz and the Jets? Different teams. The teams around them are all different. Fitz was in a playoff race last year against an easier schedule when he had more talent around him. 

Your argument is basically that because Eli Manning is an average QB and is in a playoff race then everyone who has an average QB should be in a playoff race and that makes zero sense.

10 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Please explain to me how the O-Line isnt a train wreck when we have a bad left tackle and right tackle? Did you see how the game against NE ended?

None of those QB's and what they are doing matter. What does Eli Manning and the Ginats have anything to do with Fitz and the Jets? Different teams. The teams around them are all different. Fitz was in a playoff race last year against an easier schedule when he had more talent around him. 

Your argument is basically that because Eli Manning is an average QB and is in a playoff race then everyone who has an average QB should be in a playoff race and that makes zero sense.

is it a great OL? no  but train wreck is a big stretch.  it's a mediocre OL.

Fitz has enough talent around him to be in the playoff race this year.

No my argument is we have enough talent in a watered down league to at the very least compete for a playoff spot.

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

is it a great OL? no  but train wreck is a big stretch.  it's a mediocre OL.

Fitz has enough talent around him to be in the playoff race this year.

No my argument is we have enough talent in a watered down league to at the very least compete for a playoff spot.

We blew games against Miami, NE, and Cincy. Thats 3 wins right there. We probably beat the Rams with Fitz. We left some wins on the field this year I agree. I blame that on a combination of poor play and coaching.

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

We blew games against Miami, NE, and Cincy. Thats 3 wins right there. We probably beat the Rams with Fitz. We left some wins on the field this year I agree. I blame that on a combination of poor play and coaching.

The OL has been pretty solid for this year. Better than what I thought it would be. 

I haven't read the thread, I just saw the "Fire Idzik", etc banner which made me click on it and just wanted to say thank you to the guys who organized that movement.

I know the guys who started that movement took a ton of shlt on JI and from Jets fans in general, accused of having ulterior motives, etc but in the end who the hell cares?! They got the job done and that's all that matters in my book......so from one Jets fan to another, thank you!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The OL has been pretty solid for this year. Better than what I thought it would be. 

I disagree. The O-Line has 2 guys in Carpentar and Mangold who are starting caliber players. Winters is very average, if he's the weak link of an O-Line thats not bad. But when he's one of your better lineman you are in trouble.

The Jets have no tackles. They dont have a right or left tackle. Thats a huge problem. The line needs to rebuilt.

Archived