R.I.P. Joe McKnight

maury77

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheriff says there were no witness statements claiming McKnight was apologizing or that he was shot while shooter stood over him.

Coroner says GSW's were consistent with witness accounts saying shooter fired from his vehicle, not standing over McKnight.

Biggest bombshell was that he said "the man that raised Joe McKnight worked here" as a deputy, says race won't be an issue.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Sheriff says there were no witness statements claiming McKnight was apologizing or that he was shot while shooter stood over him.

Coroner says GSW's were consistent with witness accounts saying shooter fired from his vehicle, not standing over McKnight.

Biggest bombshell was that he said "the man that raised Joe McKnight worked here" as a deputy, says race won't be an issue.

The facts will come out and clarity will be shed.

31 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Links? Don't post them, just send them to my inbox please.

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

joe-mcknight-homicide.jpg

In between the left and center traffic lights appears to be a camera.  If it is, I imagine the truth will come out soon; whatever it may be.

I used to think those were traffic cams too but I looked into it since they were all over the place in NJ and I know that traffic cams are no longer used. They are actually sensors that determine if cars are lining up and regulate the timing of when traffic lights switch.   

5 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I used to think those were traffic cams too but I looked into it since they were all over the place in NJ and I know that traffic cams are no longer used. They are actually sensors that determine if cars are lining up and regulate the timing of when traffic lights switch.   

I've gotten a ticket from one of those not all that long ago with a video included.  So I'm not sure that's entirely true.

I've gotten a ticket from one of those not all that long ago with a video included.  So I'm not sure that's entirely true.

I know the majority of them around here are not recording...and the ones that do record have a sign notifying citizens that they are on.

You got a ticket from a Red Light Cam...slightly different. I was intrigued because NJ got rid of the Red Light program in 2014 but I saw those traffic cams at almost every intersection. I wanted to make sure I could cross on yellows without having to worry : 

red+light+camera+or+traffic+camera.png

15 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

You got a ticket from a Red Light Cam...slightly different. I was intrigued because NJ got rid of the Red Light program in 2014 but I saw those traffic cams at almost every intersection. I wanted to make sure I could cross on yellows without having to worry : 

red+light+camera+or+traffic+camera.png

Mine was actually for a bus lane, and definitely wasn't that large.  Regardless, just a thought.  My only thought was that there had to be some video that allowed this guy to walk out of there without charges so quickly.

Gasser was released from custody overnight while police continue their investigation. Authorities have not yet determined if he will be charged.

Normand said media accounts from a woman who claimed she saw the gunman open fire, stand over McKnight, say, “I told you don’t you f— with me” and then fire again are not accurate. The woman had also said that McKnight was trying to apologize just before the shooting, The Times-Picayune reported.

“Mr. Gasser did not stand over Mr. McKnight and fire shots into him,” Normand said. “The three casings were located within the vehicle. Mr. Gasser was in his vehicle when he fired three shots. So that did not happen. That witness account — we talked to that witness (in the reports), if it’s the same one I’m talking about — is factually incorrect. It did not happen.

“We have no witness account of an apology being made by Mr. McKnight to Mr. Gasser. So that did not occur.”

The local chapter of the NAACP was protesting outside a police station Friday, demanding to know why Gasser has been released. People were holding signs that read “A Man Was Lynched Yesterday” and “Justice,” TMZ reported.

“I’ve been already accused of dropping the ball, of doing this, of doing that because we’ve released Mr. Gasser last evening after we took his statement,” Normand said. “As I said before, external influences will not motivate this office one way or the other as to how we are going to conduct this investigation strategically. And because there are still witnesses that are out there, I cannot go into the details of why that is at this point in time. But I can tell you I can’t wait for that moment so I can set the record straight.”

[So this woman made up a phony story and in doing so inflamed an already terrible situation.  Thank God there weren't any riots this time.]

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gasser was released from custody overnight while police continue their investigation. Authorities have not yet determined if he will be charged.

Normand said media accounts from a woman who claimed she saw the gunman open fire, stand over McKnight, say, “I told you don’t you f— with me” and then fire again are not accurate. The woman had also said that McKnight was trying to apologize just before the shooting, The Times-Picayune reported.

“Mr. Gasser did not stand over Mr. McKnight and fire shots into him,” Normand said. “The three casings were located within the vehicle. Mr. Gasser was in his vehicle when he fired three shots. So that did not happen. That witness account — we talked to that witness (in the reports), if it’s the same one I’m talking about — is factually incorrect. It did not happen.

“We have no witness account of an apology being made by Mr. McKnight to Mr. Gasser. So that did not occur.”

The local chapter of the NAACP was protesting outside a police station Friday, demanding to know why Gasser has been released. People were holding signs that read “A Man Was Lynched Yesterday” and “Justice,” TMZ reported.

“I’ve been already accused of dropping the ball, of doing this, of doing that because we’ve released Mr. Gasser last evening after we took his statement,” Normand said. “As I said before, external influences will not motivate this office one way or the other as to how we are going to conduct this investigation strategically. And because there are still witnesses that are out there, I cannot go into the details of why that is at this point in time. But I can tell you I can’t wait for that moment so I can set the record straight.”

[So this woman made up a phony story and in doing so inflamed an already terrible situation.  Thank God there weren't any riots this time.]

SAR I

honestly, I don't think there was a women. just like  the cj mordock tweets. gotta keep that agenda alive. the liberal media has no qualms about juicing up a story, time and time again. r.i.p. joe mcknight

Just now, bitonti said:

I don't understand how someone could shoot an unarmed man, murder him in the street, and be released without charges the next day. 

I am not in law enforcement but I am going to guess that the in the state of Louisiana if it enraged individual reaches into your car and threatens you with bodily harm you are allowed to shoot in self-defense. It is the only plausible explanation I can think of right now.

SAR I

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I don't understand how someone could shoot an unarmed man, murder him in the street, and be released without charges the next day. 

Some folks understand. Living in the south, these 'stand your ground' laws are something else. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The shooter being inside his own vehicle at the time of the shooting (if I am reading that right) certainly changes the tenor of the event.

Presume Self-Defense claim is inbound by the shooter, who will claim McKnight was the aggressor.

That scenario would seem to be the only one that makes sense here.

Just now, SAR I said:

I am not in law enforcement but I am going to guess that the in the state of Louisiana if it enraged individual reaches into your car and threatens you with bodily harm you are allowed to shoot in self-defense. It is the only plausible explanation I can think of right now.

SAR I

That's where this looks to be headed, aye.  McKnight at the shooter's vehicle window, shooter will claim making threats or pulling on the door, and that's when he fired.

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I could think of 100 reasons. lets see how this shakes out before we make judgements

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's where this looks to be headed, aye.  McKnight at the shooter's vehicle window, shooter will claim making threats or pulling on the door, and that's when he fired.

I have a conceal carry and carry a gun sometimes in my car. I never have it on my person. 

if this happened to me, and an unknown man came to my car door to drag me out?   I would do everything I could to not shoot include driving away.   

If that's not possible, the unthinkable becomes plausible.   

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Agreed. 

And what becomes of the witness who said a few sentences last night that could have led to a catastrophe and certainly set millions of people across the country off?  

Are there any laws against people with an agenda deliberately misrepresenting the truth and in doing so touching off a potentially riotous situation? 

SAR I

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

What's even more confusing is how come the guy who shot will smith in NO earlier this year is in jail, and this guy is free to go ?

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

What's even more confusing is how come the guy who shot will smith in NO earlier this year is in jail, and this guy is free to go ?

The official press release was no charges AS OF YET.......    when the facts come out, he may be charged.

who knows what happened but if MCNight approached his car and tried to pull him out...the law is on the shooters side.

the shooter called the cops, handed over his gun.   He's not a flight risk. 

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Agreed. 

And what becomes of the witness who said a few sentences last night that could have led to a catastrophe and certainly set millions of people across the country off?  

Are there any laws against people with an agenda deliberately misrepresenting the truth and in doing so touching off a potentially riotous situation? 

SAR I

right so send the witness to jail, and let the shooter go home. you don't know how or why this shooting happened, and you don't know if any witness has an agenda. and since you're so concerned about "setting off millions of people" you should just bite your tongue for now

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

The official press release was no charges AS OF YET.......    when the facts come out, he may be charged.

who knows what happened but if MCNight approached his car and tried to pull him out...the law is on the shooters side.

the shooter called the cops, handed over his gun.   He's not a flight risk. 

Same situation happened with the shooter of will smith didn't it? He emptied the magazine and laid the weapon on the hood of his car until the cops showed up

Archived