2017 New York Yankees Thread

Maxman

16 hours ago, chirorob said:

When he is keeping his head down, not pulling off, he is amazing.  His opposite field power is off the charts.   He hits a baseball like I hit a 5 iron.  Of course, I suck at Golf.

Yep, Judge's chase rate is way up Post-All Star Break.  If he stops chasing the low ball his strike outs will decrease.  His power is still ridiculous.

He hit the Nikon sign at Citi in batting practice.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Judge is a straight freak. Hitting a ball like that in Queens is no ******* joke.

I don't believe that it was 457 for a second either. Mets have been mismeasuring homers the past few years IMO. Stanton and Cespedes have had a few the last few years which have seemed way longer than they announced.

That's what happens if JJ Watts could hit a baseball

12 hours ago, chirorob said:

I hope he's just hung over from last year, or that is a mammoth contract for a 6th inning guy.

I mean like all of last season everyone was screaming "TRADE CHAPMAN, TRADE MILLER" and everyone we traded for is injured, significantly.  Chapman is screwed and Miller is a Cleveland Redskin 

Bill Simmons brought up an interesting point on Chapman--maybe his legs are shot.  He can still hit 100 mp but, the fastball is flat.  He can't drive it like before.  We saw him wince running to 1st base.

Yanks are still in decent position postseason wise and I don't mind the WC game because Severino will start that.  They need to get healthy and Judge needs to stop chasing and swinging-and-missing.

23 hours ago, SMC said:

Bill Simmons brought up an interesting point on Chapman--maybe his legs are shot.  He can still hit 100 mp but, the fastball is flat.  He can't drive it like before.  We saw him wince running to 1st base.

Yanks are still in decent position postseason wise and I don't mind the WC game because Severino will start that.  They need to get healthy and Judge needs to stop chasing and swinging-and-missing.

Chapman looks off.   For 4 more years after this.

I just wanted them to compete this year.   They have gone beyond all my expectations.  I don't think they can beat Houston or Boston in the playoffs, but, that's why you play the games.

23 hours ago, SMC said:

Then Chapman needs to go on DL and rest

Sanchez hit another homer today and has 11 for August, just like he had in August last year.  Incredible.  He loves this month.

The Yanks remain in good shape and I think they can catch Boston, but like I mentioned, I'm not that concerned with WC game because of Severino.  Severino is literally the 4th best pitcher in the AL this year behind Sales, Kluber and Keuchel.  Yanks will have the best pitching matchup of any of the potential WC teams in that game.

3 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

Just an awful showing against the Indians.  The wildcard is becoming even more precarious.

Yep.  Yanks are 3 games up in the loss column on the WC, but that can go quickly unless Yanks turn it around.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Great win!  Can Sonia Sotomayor attend all of our games?

Definitely.

BTW (and I didn't know they were at the game til I saw them on TV).  The woman and man in front of Justice Sotomayor are my aunt and uncle.  My uncle went to law school with her.

12 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

His numbers after the all-star break have been absolutely sensational. 

Severino is #1 in the AL in ERA after the all star break.

What's almost as great is Sonny Gray is #2.

If Chapman has his head on straight again, with that bullpen, they really can make some playoff noise.  Severino, Gray, CC and Tanaka is a good 1-4.

Went to Friday's and Sunday's game this weekend.   Judge really looks like he's coming around again.   Not just for the 2 HR, but taking some walks, hitting a nice double, hitting a good sac fly.  He's always going to K a lot, but he looks better.    Sanchez had a monster weekend.  Wow.

Castro is not a good defensive second baseman.  I really think he'll be traded in the offseason if Torres is healthy, and Gleybar will be made into the everyday second baseman.

Yeah, Judge looks like he's coming out of it.  What was killing him was chasing pitches out of the zone and then fouling off his pitch.  Now he's not chasing and crushing his pitch.

I'm just glad he hit 40 because on a personal level for him it would have been awful to end the season at 39 after the start he had.

The funny thing was the idiots at ESPN recently trying to make a ROY horse race with Benintendi and the first thing they say is, "if you don't look at the home runs the stats are similar..."  I'm like, WTF?  Judge has 20 more homers than Benintendi! You can't discount that off the bat.

20 minutes ago, SMC said:

Yeah, Judge looks like he's coming out of it.  What was killing him was chasing pitches out of the zone and then fouling off his pitch.  Now he's not chasing and crushing his pitch.

I'm just glad he hit 40 because on a personal level for him it would have been awful to end the season at 39 after the start he had.

The funny thing was the idiots at ESPN recently trying to make a ROY horse race with Benintendi and the first thing they say is, "if you don't look at the home runs the stats are similar..."  I'm like, WTF?  Judge has 20 more homers than Benintendi! You can't discount that off the bat.

That's moronic.   Judge set the rookie walk record.   #2 all time in rookie HR.   His OPS is 200 points higher, his OBP is 60 points higher.   Benintendi is a better OF, but it's not even like Judge is a stiff in RF.  Judge leads the league in HR, walks and runs scored.  I'll freely admit, it's been a bipolar rookie season, but it's still an amazing rookie season.

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

That's moronic.   Judge set the rookie walk record.   #2 all time in rookie HR.   His OPS is 200 points higher, his OBP is 60 points higher.   Benintendi is a better OF, but it's not even like Judge is a stiff in RF.  Judge leads the league in HR, walks and runs scored.  I'll freely admit, it's been a bipolar rookie season, but it's still an amazing rookie season.

Exactly.  And Judge is 3rd in AL WAR at 6.2 and Benitendi doesn't even rank in the top 100 with a 2.3 WAR.  Bipolar season or not, Judge has had an historic rookie season.

And a good sign of Judge finally coming out of the slump is that both homers were on 2 strike counts.

BTW, and this is crazy, but the Yanks outscored the Jets and Giants combined yesterday.

Archived