2017 New York Yankees Thread

Maxman

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The baseball season is so long that Didi will miss a month and it would still feel like he played the whole season.

Girardi looks like he's going the smart route and having the first 5 in the BA order be: Gardner, Sanchez, Bird, Holiday and Elsbury.

I think in a year or two the heart of the order will be Torres, Sanchez, Bird and Judge at 2 through 5. 

7 hours ago, SMC said:

The baseball season is so long that Didi will miss a month and it would still feel like he played the whole season.

Girardi looks like he's going the smart route and having the first 5 in the BA order be: Gardner, Sanchez, Bird, Holiday and Elsbury.

I think in a year or two the heart of the order will be Torres, Sanchez, Bird and Judge at 2 through 5. 

What about Bryce Harper?

On March 30, 2017 at 0:24 PM, chirorob said:

Most over rated player in baseball.

He had 1 great year.  He's uber young, but he's not Mike Trout.  No way do I sign him for the 35-40 a year he will want.

I agree.  I would much rather the Yankees sign 3 top FA Starting Pitchers considering the current top 3 of the rotation (Tanaka, CC, Pineda) will all be gone next year

On 3/31/2017 at 3:32 PM, thadude said:

I agree.  I would much rather the Yankees sign 3 top FA Starting Pitchers considering the current top 3 of the rotation (Tanaka, CC, Pineda) will all be gone next year

Well from the good news \ bad news department he (Tanaka) won't opt out if he keeps pitching like that.

On 4/5/2017 at 1:04 PM, chirorob said:

CC

You heard it hear first, he will be back next year, 1 year, maybe 13 mill.

That wouldn't be surprising because they'll still have a hole in their starting pitching and he could help fill it.  I think Tanaka is gone

57 minutes ago, SMC said:

That wouldn't be surprising because they'll still have a hole in their starting pitching and he could help fill it.  I think Tanaka is gone

If his first start is a preview of what's to come no way Tanaka opts out like Maxman says

We really need Tanaka to bounce back and Severino to pan out as a starter or we might not win 75 games this season

going to be a long year with this pitching staff.  love what cashman did with getting prospects but last year but to go into this year with this staff and what the future looks like could get him fired

Sucks Sanchez is gone for a month, but so long as fully healthy by May it's not a big lost because he'll have most of rest of season.

Judge hitting with authority

The big hit is James Kaprielian needing Tommy John surgery.  He was primed for front end starter next season upon promotion.  Now it looks like 2019 at the earliest.

17 hours ago, SMC said:

Sucks Sanchez is gone for a month, but so long as fully healthy by May it's not a big lost because he'll have most of rest of season.

Judge hitting with authority

The big hit is James Kaprielian needing Tommy John surgery.  He was primed for front end starter next season upon promotion.  Now it looks like 2019 at the earliest.

That sucks.   He hardly even pitched last year I thought.

Sucks about Kaprielian.  Was looking forward to seeing him in the bigs late this year.  This team needs to tread water until Didi and Sanchez get back, but man every day you worry about how long your starter will last.  That SUCKs.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:32 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Encouraging outing by Severino.

I was at the game. He looked good, just had pretty much one big mistake that lost them the lead for a bit. But he was really encouraging. It will be nice if he is a front of the line starter like originally hoped. Game changer kind of nice.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

I was at the game. He looked good, just had pretty much one big mistake that lost them the lead for a bit. But he was really encouraging. It will be nice if he is a front of the line starter like originally hoped. Game changer kind of nice.

Severino has great stuff but he needs to mentally put it together

I'd hate to see him end up as just another reliever.  

Archived