GDT: Colts vs Jets MNF

BallinPB

After going one ugly week without Andrew Luck, the Colts will finally have their starting quarterback on the field again when they face the Jets on Monday night in New York.

With Luck (concussion) on the sideline for Week 12, the Colts got blown out by the Steelers 28-7 on Thanksgiving night. Of course, that blowout won't matter at all if the Colts end up making the playoffs, something that will likely happen if they can win out, starting with this week's game against Jets.

Beating the Jets won't be easy though. For one, it seems that the Jets' coaching staff has finally figured out how to keep Ryan Fitzpatrick from throwing ugly interceptions. In New York's 22-17 Week 12 loss to New England, Fitzpatrick basically spent the whole game making short, safe passes. That gameplan kept Fitzpatrick from throwing a pick, which was a borderline miracle considering Fitzpatrick went into the game with a league-high 13 interceptions.

The Jets offense should find even more success this week going up against a Colts defense that's ranked 30th overall in total yards surrendered per game, with a secondary that's ranked just 31st against the pass.

That being said, the Jets aren't much better against the pass, ranking 22nd overall in the NFL, and that ranking likely won't improve on Monday due to a bevy of injuries that Jets are dealing with.

Going up against Luck is already difficult enough, but things could get harder if Muhammad Wilkerson can't play. The Jets defensive end is listed as questionable after sitting out Saturday's practice with an ankle injury. The Jets could also be missing defensive lineman Steve McLendon (hamstring), who's also listed as questionable.

In the secondary, the Jets will be missing Calvin Pryor (concussion), so don't be surprised if this game turns into a shootout.

As a matter of fact, since we're being forced to watch a 5-6 team vs. a 3-8 team, let's hope this game does turn into a shootout.

Injury Report

Colts

Jets

• Write up courtesy of CBS Sports.  
  •  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, BallinPB said:

After going one ugly week without Andrew Luck, the Colts will finally have their starting quarterback on the field again when they face the Jets on Monday night in New York.

With Luck (concussion) on the sideline for Week 12, the Colts got blown out by the Steelers 28-7 on Thanksgiving night. Of course, that blowout won't matter at all if the Colts end up making the playoffs, something that will likely happen if they can win out, starting with this week's game against Jets.

Beating the Jets won't be easy though. For one, it seems that the Jets' coaching staff has finally figured out how to keep Ryan Fitzpatrick from throwing ugly interceptions. In New York's 22-17 Week 12 loss to New England, Fitzpatrick basically spent the whole game making short, safe passes. That gameplan kept Fitzpatrick from throwing a pick, which was a borderline miracle considering Fitzpatrick went into the game with a league-high 13 interceptions.

The Jets offense should find even more success this week going up against a Colts defense that's ranked 30th overall in total yards surrendered per game, with a secondary that's ranked just 31st against the pass.

That being said, the Jets aren't much better against the pass, ranking 22nd overall in the NFL, and that ranking likely won't improve on Monday due to a bevy of injuries that Jets are dealing with.

Going up against Luck is already difficult enough, but things could get harder if Muhammad Wilkerson can't play. The Jets defensive end is listed as questionable after sitting out Saturday's practice with an ankle injury. The Jets could also be missing defensive lineman Steve McLendon (hamstring), who's also listed as questionable.

In the secondary, the Jets will be missing Calvin Pryor (concussion), so don't be surprised if this game turns into a shootout.

As a matter of fact, since we're being forced to watch a 5-6 team vs. a 3-8 team, let's hope this game does turn into a shootout.

Injury Report

Colts

Jets

• Write up courtesy of CBS Sports.  
  •  

Nice write up. I agree. I think the Jets have figured out how to lose less ugly with Ryan Fitzpatrick. I expect them to lose out in the most attractive way possible.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I hope they lose while adding happy trees and fluffy clouds. Now look at that. 

I want our team captains to present the Colts with fetching flower crowns and exotic fruit baskets before the game starts tonight.  Let's show the rest of the NFL how a sporting contest should be conducted.

The Jets will win this one.

Go on a mini rally to end the year.

Knock Miami out of the playoffs.

Win 4 more games.

Will not see any of Petty until the 2nd half of the last game.

Will screw our draft position.

Coach and front office being 'encouraged' will have Fitz back under center as the starter next year.

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets will win this one.

Go on a mini rally to end the year.

Knock Miami out of the playoffs.

Win 4 more games.

Will not see any of Petty until the 2nd half of the last game.

Will screw our draft position.

Coach and front office being 'encouraged' will have Fitz back under center as the starter next year.

Is there any other way? Actually I do not see us winning again until sometime in August or September at the earliest. This team is so bad on so many levels and most of our rich, spoiled children have already packed it in. Luck should have a great game tonight, especially since we have not had a defensive turnover or TD in years it seems. Add in zero pressure or pass rush and there you go, Indy 28 - Bowltites 6

6 hours ago, ljr said:

Hate the apathy I feel for the game

Same. I'll watch it, but will be tough to root for Fitzsucktrick to do well because that will justify Bowles stupid decision. Then again, who wants to watch a game and root against your own team? 

I don't recall ever feeling this way before Jets games. I have always rooted for them to win. And odds are, during the game, I will be rooting for the jets to do well, but if they lose I will be more than happy. 

7 hours ago, PS17 said:

Luckily I'll be at work. I'm enjoying not watching this garbage team. 

Me too. I have a high school basketball game to cover. I'll probably catch the second half, but don't really care since Fitz is starting and I have seen all I want to from him. Until Petty plays I'll give the Jets a break from my cursing at them very loudly.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Nice right up. I agree. I think the Jets have figured out how to lose less ugly with Ryan Fitzpatrick. I expect them to lose out in the most attractive way possible.

Fitzloser can only throw slants, seams, in routes and back shoulder thriows, which literally means that he can make "half" of the throwe as opposed to "all" the throws. however teams realized that on the posts and corners and anything remotely deep he can literally ONLY throw back  shoulder so teams started to let our receivers g er t behind them knowing he can't  throw over throw and camp for the intrrception. So the solution was to remove those too, putting the bearded cancer at "one third" of the throws, which of course cuts down on turnovers but also makes the offense completely toothless. But toilet keeps playing him.

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Fitzloser can only throw slants, seams, in routes and back shoulder thriows, which literally means that he can make "half" of the throwe as opposed to "all" the throws. however teams realized that on the posts and corners and anything remotely deep he can literally ONLY throw back  shoulder so teams started to let our receivers g er t behind them knowing he can't  throw over throw and camp for the intrrception. So the solution was to remove those too, putting the bearded cancer at "one third" of the throws, which of course cuts down on turnovers but also makes the offense completely toothless. But toilet keeps playing him.

Don't hold back Joey Johnny. LOL

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Jets should go with a vibrator give-away for the remaining home games.  Maybe a bearded Fitz model or "The Wilk", which "disappears" into the most intimate of crevices.

Guarantee there would be quite a "buzz" in the crowd then.

Hey....sorry....but you started it! ?

Archived