Russell Westbrook is having an pretty good year

RutgersJetFan

He's really, really good at basketball, and is everything to the Thunder now that Durant is gone.  Both are Captain Obvious statements, but it's hard to explain it any further than that. 

It's not like he's just barely getting triple doubles, either.  His rebound totals the last 4 games:  13, 17, 14, 17.  Assists:  15, 14, 11, 12.  Ridiculous.

His pace HAS to slow down by attrition, though.  The Thunder will obviously want to save him for the playoffs later in the season.  But still, he's fairly amazing right now.  If you have him on your Fantasy NBA team you're probably in 1st place. 

This is something I've literally never seen in my lifetime so I'm hoping he averages a triple double for the season.  I don't think he'll win MVP (Big O didn't win it when he had triple double for season) since Harden has been crazy good this season and the Rockets are doing better than OKC.

BTW, I still have no sympathy for OKC for losing Durant.  It was karma for Seattle having their team stolen and the stupidly mizerly decision in trading Harden.  That will go down as the worst personnel decision of all time IMO.  Pay the freaking luxury tax you cheap ass billion dollar owner!  They could have kept all 3 of them through their careers.  Guess what?  Durant, Harden and Westbrook will likely be starting in the All Star Game this year. 

Archived