Gruden: Glennon is a guy to keep an eye on, good young player

drdetroit

10 hours ago, drdetroit said:

"Who just needs a chance." -- quote tonight

I dunno guys a Super Bowl winning former HC who developed Brett Favre agrees with me and not you.

Yeah he also said the Jets should re-sign Geno. There goes that opinion right out the friggin window!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Because you can't not draft Winston he was considered almost Luck like prospect.  Never mind the whole Florida State thing and TB being the team.

If Glennon is so great your set at QB so you have no need to draft Winston. Apparently TB did not think Glennon was their long term solution. If they did they would not have drafted Winston. Why can't you guys see that?

10 hours ago, drdetroit said:

We would still be in the hunt for a wildcard slot right now

How, would Glennon have played Cornerback, Linebacker, D-Line and Safety as well as QB?  We're the worst Defense in the NFL right now.

smh

If Macc and the Jets want to give Glennon a go, fine, but it better be a team-friendly contract, because giving big-money to a nobody (and make no mistake, Glennon is 100% a nobody right now) is just wasting bad money after worse money (Fitz & Geno).  Personally, I think alot of the same folsk who hyped Geno (and then seemingly forgot how hardcore they were for Geno) will be equally disappointed in Glennon if he lands here.  The expectations are just silly for a once-failed veteran QB.  

But sure, have at it.  

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Gruden said a lot of stuff last night stumbling and fumbling over his worlds many times is he drunk or on drugs sometimes I wonder. 

Rare moment when I agree with you, Gruden is a joke on MNF and frankly his contribution feels like "95% bullsh*t, 5% insight".  One of my least favorite broadcasters tbqh.

Just now, Warfish said:

Rare moment when I agree with you, Gruden is a joke on MNF and frankly his contribution feels like "95% bullsh*t, 5% insight".  One of my least favorite broadcasters tbqh.

Week after week its the same bullsh*t with him. The Gruden Grinder lol John Madden he's not and never will be. Gruden's act is old and boring. 

11 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaooo this Glennon stuff needs to stop honestly .. he isn't answer 

I know glennon has had some good stats, but I don't know what's so exciting about him as a player. From what I've seen he's another one of these guys who can't see the field and find wide open receivers 

14 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

So you have a starting QB who you think you can win a SB with, but you also have the #1 pick, right, so you go and draft another QB instead of trading down and drafting, say, Amare Cooper to go with your star QB. You bench Glennon and start Winston as a rookie, and put Glennon aside and let him rot? If Glennon was so great why couldn't he beat Winston out last year as a rookie?

Sorry, I just can't figure the infatuation with Glennon. Now due to a dearth of talent at QB, Glennon is looked at as some savior, based upon what I have no idea. Glennon = Fitz.

We are not going to find a top QB.  What we need is a decent QB surrounded by a great OL and some tools---including a TE who can play.  Then we need a coach.  Not just any coach.  Not an unknown.  We need a very good coach.  We totallt misjudged Todd Blowes.  Totally. Thank you Charlie and Ron.  I guess Quinn is not knocking them dead in Atlanta either.

14 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

He spoke highly of geno smith. Said something like more talent than petty and hack

Geno has always been and still is, the most talented QB on the roster.

This regime is just a bunch of **** tards that have no clue how to run a team.  

Literally everything that is happening was predicted the day they decided to stick with Fitz.  Everything.  

6 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

He played well, on a horrible team, as a very young player. There is no better option next year for the Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What are the options outside of the draft?

Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, RG III (maybe), Mark Sanchez, Fitz, is Jimmy G a Free Agent? 

I see nothing wrong with giving Glennon a shot.

11 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaooo this Glennon stuff needs to stop honestly .. he isn't answer 

Glennon might be a guy who could play with a good cast-----which we do not have.  Idzik's picks are kind of blown up, aren't they?  Sheldon proved he is a certifiable moron again last night.  Too bad. Lots of talent there.  Geno and the CB are gone.  All our vets will be gone, with the possible exception of Marshall.  We have 4 TEs ---- for some reason.  Our backs are old except for Powell, who is no longer young, though.  The OL is in mid-crumble.  Should have done a rebuild 2 years ago.  I smell a rat. I think Woody was behind this vet influx and the bad contracts.  Mac at least set us up with most of the contracts to bail on these guys, but they will still be gone. And there will be no talent.  If we had built a stud OL and had a few playmakers, Glennon might not be bad, compared to Petty and Hack.  But we did not.

What are the options outside of the draft?
Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, RG III (maybe), Mark Sanchez, Fitz, is Jimmy G a Free Agent? 
I see nothing wrong with giving Glennon a shot.

He's gonna get paid a lot of money. While I'm not against it,they need to have and exit clause after year 2. He could very easily be Osweiler part 2. Romo and Cutler shouldn't even be allowed in the facility. Romo because he might break a hip on the premises and we're on the hook paying him liability. Cutler because he's a friggin disease.

I would also pay security to issue a kill on sight order on Fitz. Mainly because I could Macc and Bowles getting the bright idea to bring Fitz back again as a bridge to Hack. Besides Fitz being awful, putting all the eggs in on Hack is a disastrous long term proposition if it goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

He's gonna get paid a lot of money. While I'm not against it,they need to have and exit clause after year 2. He could very easily be Osweiler part 2. Romo and Cutler shouldn't even be allowed in the facility. Romo because he might break a hip on the premises and we're on the hook paying him liability. Cutler because he's a friggin disease.

I would also pay security to issue a kill on sight order on Fitz. Mainly because I could Macc and Bowles getting the bright idea to bring Fitz back again as a bridge to Hack. Besides Fitz being awful, putting all the eggs in on Hack is a disastrous long term proposition if it goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rather over pay for the chance at finding a QB, than pay 40 mill guaranteed for a lazy piece of sh*t CB who retired 2 years ago. 

I'm on record, I think Fitz is back. edit: assuming this regime is retained. 

2 hours ago, cant wait said:

I know glennon has had some good stats, but I don't know what's so exciting about him as a player. From what I've seen he's another one of these guys who can't see the field and find wide open receivers 

Some Jets fans are hype beasts they buy into the ESPN hype and think it's factual  .. it's the reason why some wanted Oswieler .. 

I'm all in for Glennon at the right price.  Def. not sold on the guy but at least he's young with some upside.  This team is way more than a QB away from winning so bringing in Cutler or Romo to go 7-9 is a waste of time and money.  Go with Glennon/Petty/Hack and let the chips fall where they may.  If your Mike Glennon, the Jets do have to an attractive option as well he's sat on the bench the last two years, the Jets are probably his best option to start from Day 1

3 hours ago, jack48 said:

We are not going to find a top QB.  What we need is a decent QB surrounded by a great OL and some tools---including a TE who can play.  Then we need a coach.  Not just any coach.  Not an unknown.  We need a very good coach.  We totallt misjudged Todd Blowes.  Totally. Thank you Charlie and Ron.  I guess Quinn is not knocking them dead in Atlanta either.

The o-line on this team sucks. We haven't had a friggin TE in so long I can't remember the last decent all around guy that played here. You think that they will magically be able to fill all those slots in one off-season? So how does getting another unproven career back-up help this team? How? Especially on a team with so many holes an average team like the friggin Colts makes us look that bad on national tv? Either they tear it all down and start all over again or they trade for or sign a veteran and try to roll with what they have. Glennon is not that veteran and no matter how much you bluster or talk him up he will still not be that guy.

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The o-line on this team sucks. We haven't had a friggin TE in so long I can't remember the last decent all around guy that played here. You think that they will magically be able to fill all those slots in one off-season? So how does getting another unproven career back-up help this team? How? Especially on a team with so many holes an average team like the friggin Colts makes us look that bad on national tv? Either they tear it all down and start all over again or they trade for or sign a veteran and try to roll with what they have. Glennon is not that veteran and no matter how much you bluster or talk him up he will still not be that guy.

My point was that we are not finding a top QB.  Sentence number one.  All the rest of it cannot happen in one year.  We need a rebuild.  Bringing in some vet will advance us toward mediocrity---without actually getting there.

9 hours ago, rangerous said:

okay maybe glennon is a fine qb but do you really think this group would be in the hunt with joe willy at qb?  i don't think so.  there isn't a single unit on this team that has played well in each and every game.  and most times they've played poorly.  i'm not a bowles hater but when a team falls apart so badly it falls entirely on the coaches.

A semi competent QB has us at 6-6 or 5-7 right now

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

How, would Glennon have played Cornerback, Linebacker, D-Line and Safety as well as QB?  We're the worst Defense in the NFL right now.

smh

If Macc and the Jets want to give Glennon a go, fine, but it better be a team-friendly contract, because giving big-money to a nobody (and make no mistake, Glennon is 100% a nobody right now) is just wasting bad money after worse money (Fitz & Geno).  Personally, I think alot of the same folsk who hyped Geno (and then seemingly forgot how hardcore they were for Geno) will be equally disappointed in Glennon if he lands here.  The expectations are just silly for a once-failed veteran QB.  

But sure, have at it.  

The talent on this roster overall is not bottom 5.  Unfortunately our talent at QB is bottom 1.

And that includes your boy $hitzpatrick

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The talent on this roster overall is not bottom 5.  Unfortunately our talent at QB is bottom 1.

And that includes your boy $hitzpatrick

Does 'talent' actually include giving  a sh*t?  Because most of our 'talent' have awful attitudes and don't give a rats ass.

This team is full value for being bottom 5 and the defense and specials are easily as much to blame as the crap Qb play.

Archived