Gruden: Glennon is a guy to keep an eye on, good young player

drdetroit

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Eh, I don't think Fitzpatrick was ever really a "big name".  You don't just enter that category simply because you're a starting QB. 

Cutler has been with the same team his entire career and always been in the news for one reason or another.  He's also been to a couple playoff games.

cutler= Denver broncos/Chicago bears

I rather over pay for the chance at finding a QB, than pay 40 mill guaranteed for a lazy piece of sh*t CB who retired 2 years ago. 
I'm on record, I think Fitz is back. edit: assuming this regime is retained. 

I totally agree. I have no problem with it, I'm just saying people need to brace themselves for the contract it will take. It will likely be more than Brock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/8/2016 at 3:46 PM, JetFaninMI said:

Didn't believe in him at the time? Yeah because they gave him his shot and wound up with the #1 draft pick. In other words he led the team to the worst record in the league! That would shake the hell out of my belief! The lengths some guys will go too. Glennon is not the answer.

On 12/8/2016 at 4:08 PM, Lupz27 said:

See get your facts straight Lovie Smith went out and signed HIS guy Josh McCown when he took over the job for 1 season if anything Glennon wasn't dealt a fair shake because Lovie wanted a veteran same thing that happened to theJets this season with Fitz.  They wouldn't play Glennon down the stretch that year because they were scared he might actually win them a game or 2 losing out on getting Winston.

You better believe if the Jets lost to the Bucs that year instead of beating them week 14 Glennon would be the Bucs starting QB and either Winston, or Mariota would be the Jets starter.

And this is why I stop arguing with people who don't know what they're talking about. This is the same Bucs team that took out ALL of their starters in that week 17 game in order to secure the #1 pick for Winston....EXCEPT for Josh McCown. Lovie Smith replaced all of his starters except for his starting qb???

That right there should tell you what that coach thought of Mike Glennon possibly winning that game even with the other starters out of the game. 

On December 8, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Snell41 said:

I totally agree. I have no problem with it, I'm just saying people need to brace themselves for the contract it will take. It will likely be more than Brock.

You guys are out of your f*cking minds! More than Osweiller for Glennon? And who's competing for Glennon? Browns? No way in hell! RG3 is back, they have a sh*tload of picks & if they don't draft another QB in the 2017 draft they'll wait until the loaded 2018 draft. The Bears? They can't cut Cutler without a huge cap hit, and no one is trading for Cutler unless he's just dumped for a low draft pick, way too much baggage with that guy, so if they keep Cutler they can't sign Glennon & if they cut him, they won't pay Glennon. 

Who else? Denver? Elway would go the Romo route to try & win another Super Bowl in 2017 before his defense gets too expensive & he starts losing everyone.

Who would be the competition for Glennon? Vikings? I see them sticking with Bradford. Glennon is gonna be in a competition for the starting job wherever he goes. There are no vacancies for starting jobs in the NFL until you look at the NY Jets. 

Jets are truly the only team with a sure fire question mark at QB. Rams are like we were with Geno except Goff is a top pick. I can tell you right now that Glennons agent smiled a bit when his name came up during MNF by Gruden. But there is no way in hell Glennon is going to get an OUTRAGOUS contract anywhere next year. It's gonna big be big money QBs always are but this isn't like 3 teams will be knocking his doors down, not even close!

On 12/8/2016 at 6:14 PM, Snell41 said:

If Glennon gets more than Osweiler, he had better send a thank you card to Lovie Smith for keeping him hidden.  

I know some stat nerds and a couple of guys that looked at his "film" (Villian and Air Force) love Glennon, but the guy never wins and he takes a TON of sacks.  Paying him Osweiler money would be a bigger mistake than paying the bearded wonder IMO.

16 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Hey if Buffalo releases Tyrod Taylor, what about bringing him in to compete with the young'uns?

This I would agree to. Jets WRs are way better than the Bills! An injured Watkins, Goodwin, Woods & Clay compared to Mrashall-Decker-Enunwa-Anderson-Smith-Peake & ASJ?

Now you draft Devin Cook in the 2nd and you have an offense if the Oline can be tidied up.

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Hey if Buffalo releases Tyrod Taylor, what about bringing him in to compete with the young'uns?

Yes please

Although again I think the Rams, Denver and AZ will also be bidding on him and Glennon.  Don't be shocked if Romo is still a cowboy next season

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

If Glennon gets more than Osweiler, he had better send a thank you card to Lovie Smith for keeping him hidden.  

I know some stat nerds and a couple of guys that looked at his "film" (Villian and Air Force) love Glennon, but the guy never wins and he takes a TON of sacks.  Paying him Osweiler money would be a bigger mistake than paying the bearded wonder IMO.

"Never wins?"  He played in 6 games two years ago on the worst team in the NFL and your judging his win/loss record?  If that's the case Trevor Siemian > Philip Rivers

12 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

"Never wins?"  He played in 6 games two years ago on the worst team in the NFL and your judging his win/loss record?  If that's the case Trevor Siemian > Philip Rivers

Yes, he never wins. He has started 18 games and won 5.  My point is not that he is a loser, but things like completion percentage and yardage per game become much less impressive when a team is throwing every down because they are losing and defenses are playing softer. I suppose OTOH, that could go some distance toward explaining his Bledsoe like sack numbers. 

19 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Neither one could throw the ball

like your boy $hitz

Untitled.jpg.5b77f436ec018b1f3e37c85166d

If you want to keep debating things that are no longer relevant, feel free, I'm not overly interested.  

You never understood the arguments made during the debate, and you clearly don't understand much now.  Like calling Fitz "my boy". :rolleyes:

As has been well covered, Geno supporters like yourself don't have an intellectual leg to stand on calling other folks wrong about anything anyway. :lol:

Doesn't matter now one way or the other, both are gone.

So, we can either talk about the future at QB, or you can keep living in the past making posts trying to tell everyone how right you were for backing Geno over Fitz.  

Best of luck with that.

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, he never wins. He has started 18 games and won 5.  My point is not that he is a loser, but things like completion percentage and yardage per game become much less impressive when a team is throwing every down because they are losing and defenses are playing softer. I suppose OTOH, that could go some distance toward explaining his Bledsoe like sack numbers. 

In those 18 games Glennon was on a team with a bottom 3 roster.  GTFO

Using your asinine logic Ryan Fitzpatrick is a more desirable qb than Carson Wentz.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Untitled.jpg.5b77f436ec018b1f3e37c85166d

If you want to keep debating things that are no longer relevant, feel free, I'm not overly interested.  

You never understood the arguments made during the debate, and you clearly don't understand much now.  Like calling Fitz "my boy". :rolleyes:

As has been well covered, Geno supporters like yourself don't have an intellectual leg to stand on calling other folks wrong about anything anyway. :lol:

Doesn't matter now one way or the other, both are gone.

So, we can either talk about the future at QB, or you can keep living in the past making posts trying to tell everyone how right you were for backing Geno over Fitz.  

Best of luck with that.

Dude you were Fitzpatrick's bro the first 8-10 weeks of this season.  Now your butthurt if anyone remembers it.  Sorrys

Again I'm not trusting the qb evaluation skills of a guy who defends a qb who can't break a wet paper bag with his throws.

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Dude you were Fitzpatrick's bro the first 8-10 weeks of this season.  Now your butthurt if anyone remembers it.  Sorrys

Again I'm not trusting the qb evaluation skills of a guy who defends a qb who can't break a wet paper bag with his throws.

And who pimped Patrick Ramsey as our savior.  

Hes got the nerve to rip peoples choices for QB when he is the last person to rank a QB.  Or peoples skin thickness.  Quick to call out others for being mean spirited while doing the same.  Friggen hypocrite.  

10 hours ago, drdetroit said:

That's simply factually inaccurate.  Constantly having to deal with your fantasy straw-men is just tiring dude, especially about two QB's that are done here.

10 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Who you trust is irrelevant.  You just de facto wrote off Petty after two starts.  That's just ridiculous-levels of impatience, and a far cry from the years and years of failure many here accepted from Geno while still supporting him as starter.

I, fo rone, am happy to watch Petty play out this string before I start passing any judgments on him.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And who pimped Patrick Ramsey as our savior.  

Hes got the nerve to rip peoples choices for QB when he is the last person to rank a QB.  Or peoples skin thickness.  Quick to call out others for being mean spirited while doing the same.  Friggen hypocrite.  

And you wonder why people think you're a massive angry dick, eh?  Or that you're thin skinned, still stalking and crying because people don't like you on the internet, boo hoo.

In any event, I've owned the Ramsey thing (and no, it wasn't "savior", it was "possible starter who deserves a shot", not that you understand such subtle differences) more than any other poster on JI/JN has ever owned ANY Jets-related predictions/hopes.  I still wear the guys Jersey, and lol about it all the time here!  

I'm happy to live with that vs. all the QB predictions I was dead on accurate about (Sanchez, Geno, Pennington, Favre, etc) tbqh.  

So if you think you're calling me out for something, you're not.  :lol:

Gruden/Mike Francessa have been touting Glennon for years.  He is tall, athletic,and has a strong arm; kinda sounds like Petty, doesn't it?  What he doesn't have is this;  Game experience(regular season) against starting defenses, experience in the Jet's  system (maybe a good thing), and a N.Y. address.  Would you trade this year's #1 (top 10) pick for him when you already have two similar skill sets already in house, with all of the other needs this team has?  I wouldn't

20 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Yes please

Although again I think the Rams, Denver and AZ will also be bidding on him and Glennon.  Don't be shocked if Romo is still a cowboy next season

You like QB's whose stat line every game is 11 for 19 for 150 yards 1 td and 1 int?  Have at er!

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Gruden/Mike Francessa have been touting Glennon for years.  He is tall, athletic,and has a strong arm; kinda sounds like Petty, doesn't it?  What he doesn't have is this;  Game experience(regular season) against starting defenses, experience in the Jet's  system (maybe a good thing), and a N.Y. address.  Would you trade this year's #1 (top 10) pick for him when you already have two similar skill sets already in house, with all of the other needs this team has?  I wouldn't

I don;t think he is that 'athletic' and he does have way more game experience than our other guys.  I would not mind having him come in but i sure as hell would not get into any bidding war salary wise.  Let some other team make that mistake.

14 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

To be fair to the Pro-Glennon side, we don't have to trade for him.  He is a free agent.

We would, however, potentially have to give him Osweiller-type money, as he's an equivalent "potential" talent.

There is no drawback in kicking the tires.

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Granted Francessa changes his mind every two minutes about what he's heard about everyone, but the several times I have heard him talk about Glennon he's made it a point that Glennon will probably command Osweiller money and he's not worth that.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

And you wonder why people think you're a massive angry dick, eh?  Or that you're thin skinned, still stalking and crying because people don't like you on the internet, boo hoo.

In any event, I've owned the Ramsey thing (and no, it wasn't "savior", it was "possible starter who deserves a shot", not that you understand such subtle differences) more than any other poster on JI/JN has ever owned ANY Jets-related predictions/hopes.  I still wear the guys Jersey, and lol about it all the time here!  

I'm happy to live with that vs. all the QB predictions I was dead on accurate about (Sanchez, Geno, Pennington, Favre, etc) tbqh.  

So if you think you're calling me out for something, you're not.  :lol:

Me?  You have quite the balls to talk.  Youre a whiney POS who knows how to dish it out and cant take it.  I never complain, you make a living complaining.  Im a dick?  Shlt like that sends you crying.  You really are a piece of work.  

Boo Hoo?  You havent stopped.  

You could never, ever walk a day in my shoes.  A sniveling baby like you has no idea, trust me.  Nothing funnier than a spoiled, whiney little bitch of a person telling me what is or isnt thin skinned and crying.  Or babyish.  You really have no idea who youre dealing with, what I am or arent

Ramsey, Fitz, etc, etc.  Youre clueless when it comes to QBs, admit it.  You have no friggen idea.  But your pompous, big mouth has no qualms telling, make that lecturing others, on the merits or each player.  Ridiculed some for liking a Glennon.  Never has anyone been so wrong who insists on talking so loudly.  

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Me?  You have quite the balls to talk.  Youre a whiney POS who knows how to dish it out and cant take it.  I never complain, you make a living complaining.  Im a dick?  Shlt like that sends you crying.  You really are a piece of work.  

Boo Hoo?  You havent stopped.  

You could never, ever walk a day in my shoes.  A sniveling baby like you has no idea, trust me.  Nothing funnier than a spoiled, whiney little bitch of a person telling me what is or isnt thin skinned and crying.  Or babyish.  You really have no idea who youre dealing with, what I am or arent

Ramsey, Fitz, etc, etc.  Youre clueless when it comes to QBs, admit it.  You have no friggen idea.  But your pompous, big mouth has no qualms telling, make that lecturing others, on the merits or each player.  Ridiculed some for liking a Glennon.  Never has anyone been so wrong who insists on talking so loudly.  

:rolleyes:

Nope, no anger issues here.

Archived