Lets be very clear, Macc needs to go too

nico002

He doesn't know how to build a hungry team.

look at Seattle, young hungry guys that play with fire- they are competitors.

not a collection of complacent veterans lookings for a pay check

bellichick will literally cut his best players if they don't give effort

he can't draft 

guy MUST go

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with getting rid of Mac now is they just fired a guy who was only given two years to execute his plan as GM. Doing so again may keep anyone worth a damn from wanting the job.

I think the only way they can get away with it is if they brought in a big name coach, and gave him full control. Someone like Jim Harbaugh. 

8 minutes ago, nico002 said:

he can't draft 

guy MUST go

a lot of the guys mccags has brought in have flashed, something we really haven't seen from jets gms in many years.  

as far as qb goes, i think they know petty isn't the long-term answer, he's a 4th round run and shoot developmental prospect who is probably destined to be a career backup at best.  that's probably his career trajectory.  hackenberg, we all know the story on him, but at least he's run a pro offense before.  i think mccags' plan was to be able to get away with passable play from fitz until hack was ready.  now that this is blown up, the players know they're finally in full rebuild and that's where the mutiny is coming from.  that's what bowles was always afraid of, as soon as the vets thought the coach moved onto next season they didn't have to play hard anymore.  this finally caved last night.  

mccags needs to hope that hack pans out or else i think he's gone.  bowles will get canned, that's how woody rolls, he hates being embarrassed more than anything else and mccags won gm of the year last year and that will protect him for now.  

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Mac stays

not only that, but he won't be the bad guy when bowles gets fired.  mccags will have his cake and eat it too.  and wait - right after they don't take a qb high in the draft - mccags will leak that hackenberg is way better than last year and is ready to compete for the starting job.  IMO this was the plan all along, fitz this year and hack next.  petty is a red herring here.

40 minutes ago, nico002 said:

he can't draft 

guy MUST go

Mac has had his hands tied by Woody Johnson who has insisted the team be competitive while rebuilding. So what you have here is a locker room of 30-something FA's and young draftees who clearly don't have chemistry together. Mac needs to clean house of the 30-something veterans and the lazy vets. I would start with Revis and Richardson and can their a$$es, regardless of the cap hit. These guys are sending a clear message that they don't care. It is about time to recognize that this is NOT a contending team, but rather one that needs to identify team leaders and cut a lot of dead weight. That means probably another losing season next year, until the young guys develop, but I can live with that as long as their is progress. Todd Bowles has got to go as well. He can't motivate this team at all with his laid back style, these veterans tuned him out a long time ago.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

Mac has had his hands tied by Woody Johnson who has insisted the team be competitive while rebuilding. So what you have here is a locker room of 30-something FA's and young draftees who clearly don't have chemistry together. Mac needs to clean house of the 30-something veterans and the lazy vets. I would start with Revis and Richardson and can their a$$es, regardless of the cap hit. These guys are sending a clear message that they don't care. It is about time to recognize that this is NOT a contending team, but rather one that needs to identify team leaders and cut a lot of dead weight. That means probably another losing season next year, until the young guys develop, but I can live with that as long as their is progress. Todd Bowles has got to go as well. He can't motivate this team at all with his laid back style, these veterans tuned him out a long time ago.

Isn't this what Korn Ferry and Idzik basically told Woody?

46 minutes ago, nico002 said:

he can't draft 

guy MUST go

Talent is the GM.

Passion, fire and on-field effort is the Coach.

smh:rolleyes:

Just now, Matt39 said:

Isn't this what Korn Ferry and Idzik basically told Woody?

He didn't listen. I hope he does now, because this is a major crossroad. If Woody keeps Bowles, he risks losing the young veterans as well as the ones who have packed it in already.

36 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

that's what bowles was always afraid of, as soon as the vets thought the coach moved onto next season they didn't have to play hard anymore.  this finally caved last night.  

How do you explain the team looking so ragged when Fitz was in there in the first half? This team quit on Bowles a long time ago in case you didn't recognize the lack of effort since week one.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This situation as bad as it is requires a complete house cleaning, 

I don't agree here, fire the coach fine, but the talent is there minus the QB, but that's been the case for a decade plus. 

2 minutes ago, rillo said:

I don't agree here, fire the coach fine, but the talent is there minus the QB, but that's been the case for a decade plus. 

What talent?  The depth group at WR isn't that good. The Patriots Malcolm Mitchell rookie is 100x better than any of our rookie WR's. 

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

Again...where's the talent.  Please provide examples.

think of how empty the cupboard was when Mac came in - he made a bunch of vet signings simply to fill the roster with NFL players.  It's been less than 2 years.  I give Macc 5 years total - that's what I'd like to see.  The typical 3 year cycle isn't enough time for a GM to implement a plan and get the pieces together. JMO

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

Again...where's the talent.  Please provide examples.

D line, WRs there's not much, but this team shouldn't be a 3 win team. Get some better coaching at these positions. You can't fire the GM in his 2nd year, his draft hasn't even had a chance to prove themselves.

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

think of how empty the cupboard was when Mac came in - he made a bunch of vet signings simply to fill the roster with NFL players.  It's been less than 2 years.  I give Macc 5 years total - that's what I'd like to see.  The typical 3 year cycle isn't enough time for a GM to implement a plan and get the pieces together. JMO

This.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What talent?  The depth group at WR isn't that good. The Patriots Malcolm Mitchell rookie is 100x better than any of our rookie WR's. 

If you're comparing the pats to the jets then Idk what to tell you. 

11 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Great. Now that all of those "NFL players" have turned back into pumpkins, we need to turn over half the starting lineup just to field a team next season, including key positions like LT, CB1, and possibly WR1. Meanwhile, we have no one to fill these positions because, save Williams, half of his draft picks are ******* terrible and the other half are total unknowns because they've been blocked by all these veterans. 

People keep saying we have no talent at WR?

Seriously?

Marshall + Decker + Enunwa + J. Marshall/Anderson/Peake + Devin Smith if he's ever healthy, is perfectly fine talent wise.

We're weak at TE, because our O-Co does not in any way utilize the TE in the passing game.

But that WR group is the best/most potential we've seen in years here.

The kids are suffering kid problems, mostly route running and dropsies, but the talent is there if we get a QB who can utilize it.

Decker is hurt (and thats hurt us badly).  WR is not a talent problem.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

People keep saying we have no talent at WR?

Seriously?

Marshall + Decker + Enunwa + J. Marshall/Anderson/Peake + Devis Smith if he's ever healthy, is perfectly fine talent wise.

We're weak at TE, because our O-Co does not in any way utilize the TE in the passing game.

But that WR group is the best/most potential we've seen in years here.

Is this a bit?

Archived