Jump to content

Lets be very clear, Macc needs to go too


nico002
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Warfish said:

People keep saying we have no talent at WR?

Seriously?

Marshall + Decker + Enunwa + J. Marshall/Anderson/Peake + Devis Smith if he's ever healthy, is perfectly fine talent wise.

We're weak at TE, because our O-Co does not in any way utilize the TE in the passing game.

But that WR group is the best/most potential we've seen in years here.

Besides Marshall,Decker and Enunwa we have JAGS 

Robbie Anderson 10 drops last night 1 TD the other WR's non-existent. 

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He doesn't know how to build a hungry team.
look at Seattle, young hungry guys that play with fire- they are competitors.
not a collection of complacent veterans lookings for a pay check
bellichick will literally cut his best players if they don't give effort
he can't draft 
guy MUST go

It is not Macs job to get the potential out of these guys and keep them motivated. We have talent and we have depth. The clear as day problem is that they are playing with the same emotion of Bowles.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


It is not Macs job to get the potential out of these guys and keep them motivated. We have talent and we have depth. The clear as day problem is that they are playing with the same emotion of Bowles.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk



It is Macc's job to find and sign players that are self motivated. I mean this isn't HS.
You are being paid quite handsomely in many cases to show the **** up.
If you need a head coach to motivate players then you have the wrong players.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

 


It is Macc's job to find and sign players that are self motivated. I mean this isn't HS.
You are being paid quite handsomely in many cases to show the **** up.
If you need a head coach to motivate players then you have the wrong players.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

What are you talking about, he did find players. It's not his fault we have a stubborn head coach that refuses to adjust mid game, a DC that's hot garbage since his dolphin days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's tough to know who needs to go because the coach and the GM are on totally different pages.

The GM has drafted players he thinks the coach will make good use of (a couple of mid level olbs who though not dominant pass rushers should be at least competent and the coach refuses to use them properly.)

Having the coach and gm being totally separate entities, reporting to the owner and not letting a gm select a coach is idiotic.

I will reserve my judgement on Mac until the start of next year.  If he takes out the wood chipper and gets rid of all the awful dead wood on this team I'll still be on his side.  If he hangs on to some of these slouches than all bets are off.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's tough to know who needs to go because the coach and the GM are on totally different pages.

The GM has drafted players he thinks the coach will make good use of (a couple of mid level olbs who though not dominant pass rushers should be at least competent and the coach refuses to use them properly.)

Having the coach and gm being totally separate entities, reporting to the owner and not letting a gm select a coach is idiotic.

I will reserve my judgement on Mac until the start of next year.  If he takes out the wood chipper and gets rid of all the awful dead wood on this team I'll still be on his side.  If he hangs on to some of these slouches than all bets are off.

He may not have a choice but to hold onto some dead wood the bigger problem is how they decide to play on the field this team lacks discipline this team isn't a team its a bunch of individuals doing what they want when they want. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What talent?  The depth group at WR isn't that good. The Patriots Malcolm Mitchell rookie is 100x better than any of our rookie WR's. 

Is that based on his talent or having Brady throwing it, a consistent coaching for the last n years, and other WRs keeping the pressure off? How many WRs had careers at Pats and were either nothing before and/or after? What do you think this guy would do if he was on the Jets?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

mac needs to go

the process is very simple you pay a PROVEN GM top dollar

as  fan that has spent a few hundred thousand dollars on the jets they can spend some money and hire a top gm and a top coach-trust me if you play top money they will come

I have no problem waiting and going through a re build if the guys picking the players and coaching have a proven track record. I have a BIG problem giving guys that suck more time just because they are new-when a business hires people for key positions and they prove to suck at their jobs they are not kept around for a few years to wait and see...

End the madness-woody open up your check book and pay top dollar for top guys

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes Macc needs to go he's terrible at building a roster and drafting look around the league at other rookies and how they are performing compared to our group. 

The guy is a pencil pushing moron. 

Exhibit A:  Bill Parcells took players from a 1-15 team and went 9-7 the following year with mostly the same roster.

Exibit B: Bellicheat turns over the roster every few years (save Brady) and wins consistently.

Its not always drafting these "turnkey" players but you need to develop the talent and just or more importantly in the NY market, keep them disciplined and motivated.

I thought Bowles was the guy to do that but now i have serious doubts.  I'll give him one more season before i turn on him but he's on notice...

Macc seems fine to me and we should keep him.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jetfan61 said:

Exhibit A:  Bill Parcells took players from a 1-15 team and went 9-7 the following year with mostly the same roster.

Exibit B: Bellicheat turns over the roster every few years (save Brady) and wins consistently.

Its not always drafting these "turnkey" players but you need to develop the talent and just or more importantly in the NY market, keep them disciplined and motivated.

I thought Bowles was the guy to do that but now i have serious doubts.  I'll give him one more season before i turn on him but he's on notice...

Macc seems fine to me and we should keep him.

I agree with everything except I think Bowles has to go at the end of this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

He doesn't know how to build a hungry team.

look at Seattle, young hungry guys that play with fire- they are competitors.

not a collection of complacent veterans lookings for a pay check

bellichick will literally cut his best players if they don't give effort

he can't draft 

guy MUST go

Let's not and say we did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jetfan61 said:

Exhibit A:  Bill Parcells took players from a 1-15 team and went 9-7 the following year with mostly the same roster.

Exibit B: Bellicheat turns over the roster every few years (save Brady) and wins consistently.

Its not always drafting these "turnkey" players but you need to develop the talent and just or more importantly in the NY market, keep them disciplined and motivated.

I thought Bowles was the guy to do that but now i have serious doubts.  I'll give him one more season before i turn on him but he's on notice...

Macc seems fine to me and we should keep him.

Having a hof QB lets you do what ever the hell you want and get away with it.  Belly gets too much 'credit' for his gm skills.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

He doesn't know how to build a hungry team.

look at Seattle, young hungry guys that play with fire- they are competitors.

not a collection of complacent veterans lookings for a pay check

bellichick will literally cut his best players if they don't give effort

he can't draft 

guy MUST go

In reality, it actually only takes one or two players (or a coach) in the lockerroom to make players play their heart out... They don't have that and instead have leaders like Revis that play like sh*t and just collect paychecks... Seattle has Pete Carroll, he is a loud crazyman that is one in the lockerroom... That makes a huge difference and add in earl thomas and sherman... thats all they need.. they make up the difference.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He doesn't know how to build a hungry team.
look at Seattle, young hungry guys that play with fire- they are competitors.
not a collection of complacent veterans lookings for a pay check
bellichick will literally cut his best players if they don't give effort
he can't draft 
guy MUST go



Wrong

Bowles is the problem

Maccagnan will be a big part of the solution
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

They will both get a 3rd year but much like the Rex situation in Buffalo I expect Woody to put out some kinda playoffs or bust statement for next season.

I heard the boob Benigno blaming Macc for Petty not getting near the field.  These guys are supposed to know something.  But he does not know that Bowles does not report to Macc.  Some of this is Woody's doing with this ridiculous setup.  Bowles is clearly not competent.  Maybe Macc too.  Lets look at the draft.  Bringing in these vets with all this cap space may have been Woody's doing.  Fear of straight rebuilding and all that.  Maybe Macc is responsible, maybe not. If he is bye bye.  It was dumb.  If not, he deserves to pick his own coach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The best thing that could happen to the jets.Is for the league to force woody to sell the team.HIre brett farve to be the general manager. Look at denvers revival with a former q.b. running the team.


This has to be a worse idea than Kotite

Favre the ultimate phony is too busy selling scam copper and dull razor blades on TV infomercials anyhow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

a lot of the guys mccags has brought in have flashed, something we really haven't seen from jets gms in many years.  

as far as qb goes, i think they know petty isn't the long-term answer, he's a 4th round run and shoot developmental prospect who is probably destined to be a career backup at best.  that's probably his career trajectory.  hackenberg, we all know the story on him, but at least he's run a pro offense before.  i think mccags' plan was to be able to get away with passable play from fitz until hack was ready.  now that this is blown up, the players know they're finally in full rebuild and that's where the mutiny is coming from.  that's what bowles was always afraid of, as soon as the vets thought the coach moved onto next season they didn't have to play hard anymore.  this finally caved last night.  

mccags needs to hope that hack pans out or else i think he's gone.  bowles will get canned, that's how woody rolls, he hates being embarrassed more than anything else and mccags won gm of the year last year and that will protect him for now.  

Yes I think Hack is Macc's Sword of Damocles.  The guillotine has already fallen for Blowes.  If it hasn't, then Congress should reject Woody's appointment as ambassador to U.K.  He is not qualified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes Macc needs to go he's terrible at building a roster and drafting look around the league at other rookies and how they are performing compared to our group. 

The guy is a pencil pushing moron. 

mac has little or nothing to do with the coaching the players get.  that's all on bowles.  that's one of the downsides of not having either one overseeing the other. if you want to hammer mac for taking hack, petty, and devon smith, so be it.  at the very least he was using fairly high draft picks to fill the teams greatest need.  fitz being qb is only money.  it wasn't going anywhere else.  clady was a gamble.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

In reality, it actually only takes one or two players (or a coach) in the lockerroom to make players play their heart out... They don't have that and instead have leaders like Revis that play like sh*t and just collect paychecks... Seattle has Pete Carroll, he is a loud crazyman that is one in the lockerroom... That makes a huge difference and add in earl thomas and sherman... thats all they need.. they make up the difference.

historically the jets have never had an overabundance of on field leadership.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

mac has little or nothing to do with the coaching the players get.  that's all on bowles.  that's one of the downsides of not having either one overseeing the other. if you want to hammer mac for taking hack, petty, and devon smith, so be it.  at the very least he was using fairly high draft picks to fill the teams greatest need.  fitz being qb is only money.  it wasn't going anywhere else.  clady was a gamble.

Macc isn't the answer the proof is on the field. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah that's a GREAT idea.  Another GM in two years.

That will NO DOUBT make this a desirable place to be employed, since any incoming GM will know they have two years to fix a team that needs at least 3-4 solid drafts before they are going to start competing again.

GREAT IDEA....maybe you should apply, since nobody of skill will touch the job with a ten foot pole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

He doesn't know how to build a hungry team.

look at Seattle, young hungry guys that play with fire- they are competitors.

not a collection of complacent veterans lookings for a pay check

bellichick will literally cut his best players if they don't give effort

he can't draft 

guy MUST go

were they complacent veterans last year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah that's a GREAT idea.  Another GM in two years.

That will NO DOUBT make this a desirable place to be employed, since any incoming GM will know they have two years to fix a team that needs at least 3-4 solid drafts before they are going to start competing again.

GREAT IDEA....maybe you should apply, since nobody of skill will touch the job with a ten foot pole.

Who cares about making this place desirable... its not like we are a year away from the superbowl... Let's build a base, a foundation before we try to get new FAs... lets get a coach that will take a hardline and a GM that will fire anyone that mails it in. .. Simple... that all needs to happen before we can even think of making this place desirable.. In fact, I think we should fire all veterans that don't cost cap... bring in cheap, cheap players, save money and lose every game next year... so that we have a ton of money and can draft a Darnold or Rosen.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bowles was Mac's choice. If Mac had a problem with Bowles then he wouldn't have taken the job.

The Jets lost their ability to remove a GM after two years because of the Idzik fiasco. They can't remove another GM after two years. It's already not a desirable job which is why you get a GM like Mac who doesn't have the ability to land a job where he gets to choose the coach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...