Lets be very clear, Macc needs to go too

nico002

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Having a hof QB lets you do what ever the hell you want and get away with it.  Belly gets too much 'credit' for his gm skills.

Exactly my point!  

It has a LOT to do with coaching and motivation. Macc can bring in potential hall of farmers but if the coaching is poor it's all wasted. 

Say what you want about Belly the GM (I say he's average), but the guy can coach and keep his players motivated to perform and succeed. 

22 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Here's a 1 step plan to fix this mess.

Step 1: We should do everything we can to hire John Gruden as our next coach.  If he wants McCags as the GM so be it.  If not let him hire who he wants. 

Why would he want to leave a TV gig with endorsements to coach this dumpster fire? 

9 minutes ago, rillo said:

Why would he want to leave a TV gig with endorsements to coach this dumpster fire? 

This is true, however some guys just have football bread into them and love being in charge and around a team.  You never know.  I suspect like you indicate that he wouldn't be interested in any job really, the longer you are out of it the less you probably miss it.

3 hours ago, jetfan61 said:

Exhibit A:  Bill Parcells took players from a 1-15 team and went 9-7 the following year with mostly the same roster.

Exibit B: Bellicheat turns over the roster every few years (save Brady) and wins consistently.

Its not always drafting these "turnkey" players but you need to develop the talent and just or more importantly in the NY market, keep them disciplined and motivated.

I thought Bowles was the guy to do that but now i have serious doubts.  I'll give him one more season before i turn on him but he's on notice...

Macc seems fine to me and we should keep him.

Tony Sparano took a 1-15 team with a Jet QB reject and went 11-5 and made the playoffs..:)

GMs job to aquire talent and coachs job to get the most out of the talent.  

If there are holes in the roster, that is on the GM.  That being said, asking for a championship roster in 2 or 3 years would be nothing short of remarkable.

6 hours ago, nico002 said:

He doesn't know how to build a hungry team.

look at Seattle, young hungry guys that play with fire- they are competitors.

not a collection of complacent veterans lookings for a pay check

bellichick will literally cut his best players if they don't give effort

he can't draft 

guy MUST go

that's more a reflection on Toilet the gutless, clueless wonder. Let's vets miss meetings, lets fitzpukeface throw 6ints in a game and not even blink, is a defensive coach but somehow cannot run a defense where a defender can even be within 5yrds of WR/TE on numerous occasions, etc, etc.

he can't draft 

guy MUST go

That's the dumbest thing I've read on here. Tim Tebow was hungry, does that make him good?

It's up to the coach to do something with the players.

he can't draft 

guy MUST go

obvious-troll-is-obvious.jpg

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Wrong. They are easily a winning franchise the last 20 years. Win-loss record

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Better question, how many times have they won a division since 1969????  Do you know... nevermind I will tell you 2 twice.. once in 1998 and the second time in 2002.  How many times have they gone to an afc championship since 1969... 4 times... How many franchise QBs have they had?? I mean seriously... I will fight you on this all day.... you couldn't be more wrong... So what if they have more wins then losses...  Do you know what the Jets all time record is??? I do... 390-466-8.... in 57 seasons you know how many playoff games they played??? 25!!! 25 playoff games....

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

I was responding to your incorrect statement. Look it up

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I wasn't even close to incorrect...

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective
  1. of only moderate quality; not very good.

New York Jets Franchise Encyclopedia

Seasons: 57 (1960 to 2016)

Record (W-L-T): 390-466-8

Playoff Record: 12-13

let's be clear.  when a team stinks it up this badly the stink goes everywhere. mac is not immune from the fallout.  but the way woody structured the team management this season is mainly on bowles.  look at all of the defensive players running around without any sense of purpose last night.  mac has nothing to do with how the defense is aligned or even how it's being taught.  i assume bowles brought in his own coaches.  and i'm not a bowles hater. he had some good success with arizona and up through the coaching ranks so he must have been doing something good.

as for mac, it's way too early to brand him the second coming of idzik. mac's draft picks are sticking even if he did take a flyer on petty and hack.  but that just shows how highly valued a qb is.  as for fitz, who wouldn't have thought fitz would play nearly as well as last season?  and who wouldn't have thought that the defense would play much better now that the same players came back.  these units need time to gell.  and who would've have thought that wilk was worth all that money and that richardson was the one not to excercise the option on?  i doubt if even the most ardent jet bashers saw this season coming.

A lot of Macc fans here haha. I'm sorry but I just don't see where he's a good GM. Free agents sux draft picks sux. Big Cat is great! But that was a easy pick. Should of put more work in on the O-line instead of falling under pressure from a bunch of silly fans who thought we just HAD to have Fitz

7 minutes ago, jetsjets said:

A lot of Macc fans here haha. I'm sorry but I just don't see where he's a good GM. Free agents sux draft picks sux. Big Cat is great! But that was a easy pick. Should of put more work in on the O-line instead of falling under pressure from a bunch of silly fans who thought we just HAD to have Fitz

I am not a fan of what Mac has done so far. But I think that he deserves more than 2 years to grade out his ability. For one, let him pick a head coach. Forte, Fitz and Marshall were good trades. He has found some late round talent in WRs and he has done a decent job of not dealing any long term contracts other than Mo and Revis... He hasn't been great but I think the Jury is still out.

2 hours ago, jetsjets said:

Leonard Williams was a very good pick. I think Jenkins, Mauldin and Burris have potential with the right CS.  Avoided Paxton Lynch who is worse than Friggin Petty

He got Brandon Marshall for a 5th

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

This situation as bad as it is requires a complete house cleaning, 

We cleaned house 2 years ago.  That's what got Macc and Bowles.  You do realize that right? Coach? I could live with firing him.  Macc gets his own choice. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc I can take or leave but Todd Bowles and staff has to go. 

Be patient and I'm sure you will feel better about some of our recent draft picks.  Bowles is quickly losing my support by the week.  Today's conference call was downright scary.  IF we keep him, this better be growing pains.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Be patient and I'm sure you will feel better about some of our recent draft picks.  Bowles is quickly losing my support by the week.  Today's press conference was downright scary.

I'm worried Jalin Marshall,Devin Smith,Charone Peake,Robbie Anderson,Darron Lee,Jordan Jenkins. 

Lee has been hustling but is he a game changer. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I'm worried Jalin Marshall,Devin Smith,Charone Peake,Robbie Anderson,Darron Lee,Jordan Jenkins. 

Lee has been hustling but is he a game changer. 

A lot of those guys have flashed.  Lee in particular.  I think in time, yes, he will be a big time playmaker.  Same with Jenkins, Marshall, Smith, and Anderson who, aside from Smith and Jenkins, are all 7th round picks and UDFA's.  It's tough to see in a bad year, but for all those low picks/signings to be doing ANYTHING in their rookie season is a good sign of talent evaluation.  Anderson alone could have 5-6 TDs if it wasn't for Fitzf*ckface.

Drafts should be judged no earlier than 3 years Joe.  I can sympathize with your HC frustrations, but be more patient with the GM.  Those contracts that everyone loves to b*tch about have easy ways out.  Some simple and smart cuts/restructures and we're 30mil under the CAP next year.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

A lot of those guys have flashed.  Lee in particular.  I think in time, yes, he will be a big time playmaker.  Same with Jenkins, Marshall, Smith, and Anderson who, aside from Smith and Jenkins, are all 7th round picks and UDFA's.  It's tough to see in a bad year, but for all those low picks/signings to be doing ANYTHING in their rookie season is a good sign of talent evaluation.  Anderson alone could have 5-6 TDs if it wasn't for Fitzf*ckface.

Drafts should be judged no earlier than 3 years Joe.  I can sympathize with your HC frustrations, but be more patient with the GM.  Those contracts that everyone loves to b*tch about have easy ways out.  Some simple and smart cuts/restructures and we're 30mil under the CAP next year.

Robbie Anderson drops way too many balls and cant take a hit. 

Agree cut the fat and get us some cap money to rebuild. 

Archived