McKnight Killer Charged with Manslaughter

isired

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Joe McNight is far from a big menancing dude. I can tell you with the utmost certainty unless someone is approaching my car with a weapon of some sort I might have an adrenaline rush, but fear for my life? Honestly I'm at a loss.

In the south...when you approach someone with anger.... it has to cross your mind that he carries.  So many people do carry.

White collar people like me, my lawyer etc....       not just card carrying NRA types. 

37 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I feel bad for mcnight. 

I never read the story in detail until now so at the risk of sounding crazy...I hate to say it but:

McNight is wrong. The other dude shouldnt be in jail nor should he be charged.

It doesnt matter if you agree or disagree with the stand your ground laws. Its the law in LA. So if were going by the law, a person who has a license to carry, is in a public place, and reasonably feels that his life is in immediate danger (death OR great bodily harm) ..he has the right to fire. Now I respect anyone who hates the law. I get it. I support the law. But its not about my feelings...

McNight chased the guy down. they both got to a red light and screamed at each other. Joe, however, got out of his car. Then Joe approached him.

Anyone out there ...that would not be fully pumped on an adrenelin overload and then get VERY concerned when the guy exits his vehicle AND approaches your car AND hes a big menacing dude is a LIAR. Youd be scared too and definitely fear for at least a possible beatdown. Well you dont have to take a beating.....

This guy going to jail is a travesty, imo. 

sorry, Joe. you didnt deserve to die. you might not have even laid a hand on the guy but exiting your vehicle was a mistake. Its not an adult thing to do. Its aggressive. Its crossing the line. Its also very, very foolish to do so in a southern stand your ground law state

This is the MOST F%cked up and retarded rationale I've heard regarding this. 

I put in BOLD where you are WRONG. You don't PULL out a gun in that situation, YOU PRESS ON THE ACCELERATOR AND SPEED OFF!

I put in Italics the SIMPLY STUPID portion of your post. I can make the SAME argument as to why :

A ) it is A MISTAKE to shoot an unarmed man

B )  RATHER CHILDISH, and NOT an adult thing to do,  to shoot a man over road rage?

C ) It's NOT aggressive to pull out and shoot a man with a gun from inside your car while he's unarmed exposed?

D ) IT's NOT crossing the line to kill another human being over how to drive?

It's FOOLISH to kill a person over road rage. And no HATES the law, but there are GLARING HOLES that need to fixed. 

I called it that he'd be charged with Manslaughter and am calling it AGAIN that HE WILL be found guilty. The details demonstrate that Gasser had other options than to shoot a gun to resolve the situation AND he has priors for the SAME Road Rage sh!t. 

I hope they pound his @$$ so hard in the pen that his new name will be POUNDCAKE.

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Unfortunately...I have to agree. However.... the shooter will stand trial.  What you described will be adjudicated and hopefully the right thing done.   If that's jail...so be it.  I hate road rage.  

I wonder if the guy being a repeat offender will play in?  

Just now, southparkcpa said:

In the south...when you approach someone with anger.... it has to cross your mind that he carries.  So many people do carry.

White collar people like me, my lawyer etc....       not just card carrying NRA types. 

As a card carrying NRA member I think my feelings are hurt. 

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

YEAH but when you're IN A CAR yOU CAN SPEED OFF since the "menacing dude" is OUT of his car and approaching you. 

******* REtarded. 

15 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

YEAH but when you're IN A CAR yOU CAN SPEED OFF since the "menacing dude" is OUT of his car and approaching you. 

******* REtarded. 

Or you can roll up the windows and lock the doors. Hell you could even masterbate and smoke synthetic pot. Wait. Am I confusing stories again? 

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Absolutely agreed.  But maybe he was boxed in?  The trial determine the facts. 

Then you use your car as a bettering ram to get out. OR you REVERSE like hell to damage his car and then speed off. pulling a gun and killing a man due to road rage is the MOST PU$SY thing there is. 

He'll be found guilty because he's PROVEN ALREADY he's a menace to society driving and NOW AFTER being let go for his priors HE KILLS a man. 

In February 2006, he was charged with simple battery after a confrontation with another driver that began at the same intersection in Louisiana where Mr. McKnight was shot. A 51-year-old man had called 911 to report that a man behind the wheel of a red pickup was driving unsafely. The man turned out to be Mr. Gasser, and a “verbal altercation” ensued.

Mr. Gasser followed the man to a service station, where Mr. Gasser “confronted him and began to strike him with a closed fist several times,” the police said. The charge was later dismissed.

Poundcake Ronny Gasser is going to be spitting and swallowing, not eating much because it's hard to chew with no f*cking teeth and nightly beatdowns when the warden shuts off the lights. 

For the sake of a CIVIL SOCIETY. Ronald Gasser will NOT be a free man.  

41 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I feel bad for mcnight. 

I never read the story in detail until now so at the risk of sounding crazy...I hate to say it but:

McNight is wrong. The other dude shouldnt be in jail nor should he be charged.

It doesnt matter if you agree or disagree with the stand your ground laws. Its the law in LA. So if were going by the law, a person who has a license to carry, is in a public place, and reasonably feels that his life is in immediate danger (death OR great bodily harm) ..he has the right to fire. Now I respect anyone who hates the law. I get it. I support the law. But its not about my feelings...

McNight chased the guy down. they both got to a red light and screamed at each other. Joe, however, got out of his car. Then Joe approached him.

Anyone out there ...that would not be fully pumped on an adrenelin overload and then get VERY concerned when the guy exits his vehicle AND approaches your car AND hes a big menacing dude is a LIAR. Youd be scared too and definitely fear for at least a possible beatdown. Well you dont have to take a beating.....

This guy going to jail is a travesty, imo. 

sorry, Joe. you didnt deserve to die. you might not have even laid a hand on the guy but exiting your vehicle was a mistake. Its not an adult thing to do. Its aggressive. Its crossing the line. Its also very, very foolish to do so in a southern stand your ground law state

The other guy chased McKnight down.  

I can't remember how many people the police interviewed, but it was a ton.  If they didn't think they had enough to convict him, they wouldn't have charged him.

32 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Unfortunately...I have to agree. However.... the shooter will stand trial.  What you described will be adjudicated and hopefully the right thing done.   If that's jail...so be it.  I hate road rage.  

The defenses in these cases are so rehearsed.  He might say something like he saw McKnight reaching into his waistband and thought McKnight was pulling a gun.  

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

I can't remember how many people the police interviewed, but it was a ton.  If they didn't think they had enough to convict him, they wouldn't have charged him.

Mr. Gasser was charged after investigators conducted more than 160 interviews and spoke to Mr. Gasser for more than 12 hours, Sheriff Newell Normand of Jefferson Parish said on Tuesday

POUNDCAKE!
POUNDCAKE!

POUNDCAKE!

365752_v1.jpg = RONALD GASSER taken to the shower.

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Mr. Gasser was charged after investigators conducted more than 160 interviews and spoke to Mr. Gasser for more than 12 hours, Sheriff Newell Normand of Jefferson Parish said on Tuesday

POUNDCAKE!
POUNDCAKE!

POUNDCAKE!

365752_v1.jpg = RONALD GASSER taken to the shower.

The police knew the high profile nature of this case and did a good/thorough job.  Gasser is probably going to the slammer.

On December 6, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Warfish said:

Legend, eh.

smh

C'mon brother ... They always overstate stuff like this ... Look at everything for Pat Tillman ... Just appreciate the good these men brought when they were here 

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Then you use your car as a bettering ram to get out. OR you REVERSE like hell to damage his car and then speed off. pulling a gun and killing a man due to road rage is the MOST PU$SY thing there is. 

He'll be found guilty because he's PROVEN ALREADY he's a menace to society driving and NOW AFTER being let go for his priors HE KILLS a man. 

In February 2006, he was charged with simple battery after a confrontation with another driver that began at the same intersection in Louisiana where Mr. McKnight was shot. A 51-year-old man had called 911 to report that a man behind the wheel of a red pickup was driving unsafely. The man turned out to be Mr. Gasser, and a “verbal altercation” ensued.

Mr. Gasser followed the man to a service station, where Mr. Gasser “confronted him and began to strike him with a closed fist several times,” the police said. The charge was later dismissed.

Poundcake Ronny Gasser is going to be spitting and swallowing, not eating much because it's hard to chew with no f*cking teeth and nightly beatdowns when the warden shuts off the lights. 

For the sake of a CIVIL SOCIETY. Ronald Gasser will NOT be a free man.  

Didn't really think out the bolded before you typed it, did you? just a wee bit contradictory. and your rape fantasy is off the hook.

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

******* REtarded. 

like the stand your ground law or not, it was put into law so you don't have to speed off or use your car as a "battering ram", as you put it, possibly injuring or killing an innocent bystander in the process.

None of us were there.

Gasser exercised his legal right to carry a firearm.  His choice to use that firearm in a given set of circumstances has potential consequences.  Gun rights supporters will generally agree that, while people have a right to defend themselves with a firearm, they also have an obligation to exercise that right responsibly and face consequences if they act irresponsibly. 

It's up to the justice system now.  Whatever the verdict, I hope it is just, based on the facts.

1 minute ago, rbstern said:

None of us were there.

Gasser exercised his legal right to carry a firearm.  His choice to use that firearm in a given set of circumstances has potential consequences.  Gun rights supporters will generally agree that, while people have a right to defend themselves with a firearm, they also have an obligation to exercise that right responsibly and face consequences if they act irresponsibly. 

It's up to the justice system now.  Whatever the verdict, I hope it is just, based on the facts.

Well said.

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

didn't happen. it was mutual. I know that's what they stated originally, now they are saying it was mutual

34 minutes ago, rbstern said:

None of us were there.

well said.

34 minutes ago, rbstern said:

None of us were there.

Everything you said is correct. 

they also have an obligation to exercise that right responsibly and face consequences if they act irresponsibly. 

^^^

That right there is why Gasser will go to jail for quite some time. 

and before everybody goes all crazy on me, from what little we know, I think the cops might have gotten this one right. when you brush all the bs aside, I look at where joe McKnight was shot. gassers car was on the left and mcknights vehicle was on the right. they found McKnight in between the 2 cars which tells me that gasser might have jumped the gun, literally. if McKnight was going to mess this dude up, you would think they he would have tried to get to the drivers door. I don't think he would have tried to attack gasser thru the passenger door. its a good way to get kicked in the face or allow your target to get out of the drivers door and leave you vulnerable. things can change as more information comes out obviously, but this is what I am thinking as of now

To the two guys fighting in this thread, calling each other names and acting out of control (posts since deleted) .... think about what you are doing here.

This is a thread that happened because of a road rage incident. And you are both out of control.

You have both been good posters here for a long time. But your posts in this thread...not good. Just walk away.

Archived