Wintery mix....

joewilly12

Wintery vs wintry

In modern English, wintry is the preferred spelling of the adjective meaning of, like, or relating to winterWintery has a long history in English, but it has never been the preferred form, and it has no meanings of its own. In 21st-century books, it appears once for approximately every 20 instances of wintry. It is a little more common on the web and in newswriting, though still much rarer than wintry.

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Its that time of year again. 

Yeah im pissed. Our golf club just put in new bermuda greens and for "safety sake" as they are less than a year in, will cover them this Friday and Saturday as temps here in beautiful Charlotte will reach 32 degrees.   Love the weather here.:D

On 12/6/2016 at 10:15 PM, joewilly12 said:

Wintery vs wintry

In modern English, wintry is the preferred spelling of the adjective meaning of, like, or relating to winterWintery has a long history in English, but it has never been the preferred form, and it has no meanings of its own. In 21st-century books, it appears once for approximately every 20 instances of wintry. It is a little more common on the web and in newswriting, though still much rarer than wintry.

Going with the Old School spelling. Nice. I'm impressed.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised you'd go the unconventional route, joewilly.......vs........joewillie ?

Did you read the post where I posted the spelling terminology or are you too damn stupid. There are various spellings for the word. 
Get a life. LOSERWITHORWITHOUTAPSL

Loser, damn stupid, no life, moron, peabrained...

Just keeping track of your unending stream of personal attacks and insults of anyone who dares to agree with you on your hatred of the Jets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Latest forecast for Tuesdays  Nor'Beaster from 101.5 .......0-20" of snow these people really get paid to make a prediction like that. 

Here they got us Monday night 8-12, Tuesday 2-4, and maybe some on Wednesday. The bad part is also heavy winds. So I will be getting the snowblower and my generator started today. 

All indications and reports are that we are going to get blasted with 18" of snow and blizzard like conditions. 

Prepare for the worst and do what you need to do to keep you and your family safe. 

Portable heaters, wood for fire places, food, water,beer etc. 

Hopefully this damn storm blows out to sea.

Archived