Casserly Covering his Tracks

Gangrene

Casserly empathic today on NFL.com "this is a major rebuilding job not a firing situation"

He  omits to mention he was heavily involved in the formation of the current Jets regime

Now he is blaming talent, saying that was the problem all along.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/0ap3000000752708/Casserly-on-Jets-loss-This-is-a-major-rebuilding-job

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry it has nothing to do with rebuilding or not. Players flat out quit last night, and i am talking about talented players who are simply phoning it in at this point. Players who were allowed to get fat and slow players who were not disciplined when failing to put effort into there work (Revis). Players who are dictating to management who should be starting and who should be sitting The moment the patients took over the asylum Todd Bowles was in big trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Sorry it has nothing to do with rebuilding or not. Players flat out quit last night, and i am talking about talented players who are simply phoning it in at this point. Players who were allowed to get fat and slow players who were not disciplined when failing to put effort into there work (Revis). Players who are dictating to management who should be starting and who should be sitting The moment the patients took over the asylum Todd Bowles was in big trouble.

Did Gilchrist play last night? Casserly is spot on. He did know this then I think. Firing anyone but the players is a waste. The GM and the HC have made mistakes. They are first timers and also need space to grow. 

Resigning Futz was a major flaw in the Jets' plan to rebuild. Geno should have been the QB since Futz held out. No way should they have gone over the cap to sign him.  It hurt the Jets from developing the two younger QB's if Geno would have failed. Geno could have done as bad as Futz has done on the field and still the Jets would be better off. That signing has hurt and will cause pain for at least two seasons.

Trade Mangold, Decker, McL. They should fetch some draft picks and make some cap space.

Draft Fournette. The young QB's will need some protection with a stronger run game next season. Adding him to BP and Forte is an immense upgrade.

Re-sign Winters and Ijalana. Use Johnson at C. Mangold bumbled still another snap last nite. Get Shell at RT

Enunwa, Anderson and Peake/Smith as the top three WR's next season. Use BM in the slot as he will be a certain mismatch.

Resign ASJ.

on D go with a 4/3 by adding the best PR DE in the draft in round two. Sometimes one must draft for need.

Cut Revis, Harris, Gilchrist, 

Address OL and CB from Round 3 on

Use the three young LB'ers from the recent drafts.

Fire K Rogers. Get a much needed upgrade here.

22 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Did Gilchrist play last night? Casserly is spot on. He did know this then I think. Firing anyone but the players is a waste. The GM and the HC have made mistakes. They are first timers and also need space to grow. 

Resigning Futz was a major flaw in the Jets' plan to rebuild. Geno should have been the QB since Futz held out. No way should they have gone over the cap to sign him.  It hurt the Jets from developing the two younger QB's if Geno would have failed. Geno could have done as bad as Futz has done on the field and still the Jets would be better off. That signing has hurt and will cause pain for at least two seasons.

Trade Mangold, Decker, McL. They should fetch some draft picks and make some cap space.

Draft Fournette. The young QB's will need some protection with a stronger run game next season. Adding him to BP and Forte is an immense upgrade.

Re-sign Winters and Ijalana. Use Johnson at C. Mangold bumbled still another snap last nite. Get Shell at RT

Enunwa, Anderson and Peake/Smith as the top three WR's next season. Use BM in the slot as he will be a certain mismatch.

Resign ASJ.

on D go with a 4/3 by adding the best PR DE in the draft in round two. Sometimes one must draft for need.

Cut Revis, Harris, Gilchrist, 

Address OL and CB from Round 3 on

Use the three young LB'ers from the recent drafts.

Fire K Rogers. Get a much needed upgrade here.

ASJ is a total POS...

Only guy on defense worth a damn in Leonard Williams. Wilkerson may be hurt. Lee tries, but until he spends a winter bench pressing Hondas he isn't there. The other 8 guys could be replaced with the cast of any Division III or sandlot team defense, all of whom would show more heart. And that's on the coach. 

What I don't like is Casserly took no ownership of his involvement before pronouncing that Bowles should not be fired. Clearly he is not objective.

Firing Bowles now says Casserly does not know anything about hiring a coach.

We have had two of the biggest bullsh*tting coaches in NFL history, Herm Edwards and Rex Ryan. We alternated with two idiot savants, Eric Mangini and Todd Bowles. Can we not hire somebody who can speak direct, in full sentences without going into nonsensical Herm/Rex hyperbole ?

42 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I remember thinking when I heard Woody was hiring Casserly as a consultant, did everyone forget how awful he did in Houston? Its like people forget Houston even happened.

Macc included Houston must have won a Super Bowl that we all missed. 

Casserly is right, this IS a rebuild...finally.

He's partially right. It's a rebuild now. But 2 years ago it wasn't, and this past offseason it wasn't - we just haven't been able to get a QB, nor the selection and/or grooming of the replacements for our aging players, via the draft and free agency. And that falls on the FO/GM and the CS/HC.

1 hour ago, Gangrene said:

We have had two of the biggest bullsh*tting coaches in NFL history, Herm Edwards and Rex Ryan. We alternated with two idiot savants, Eric Mangini and Todd Bowles. Can we not hire somebody who can speak direct, in full sentences without going into nonsensical Herm/Rex hyperbole ?

No more rookie head coaches.

Simple as that.

SAR I

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Yeah, it is.  And his hand-picked GM and Coach have done a marvelous job in their first two seasons....

Can't draft. Can't coach.

So many quotes, I can't pick just one.  Read Casserly and Wolf pat themselves on the back for such "great hires" in Maccagnan and Bowles less than a year ago:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/bob-glauber/jets-hit-paydirt-with-todd-bowles-mike-maccagnan-tandem-1.11274258

SAR I

I'm really really down on Bowles, but I'm STILL leaning towards keeping the staff intact.

Ive had enough of the coaching merry go round w this franchise.

jack del rio is 10-2. It's not because he's a genius.

jeff fisher, IMO, is a good coach, yet he's had mediocre record for ages and there's an Eric Dickerson-led mutiny going on out west.

id rather let Mac continue to be the above average GM I consider him to be and hope Bowles can grow. 

Just now, Shadetree said:

I'm really really down on Bowles, but I'm STILL leaning towards keeping the staff intact.

Ive had enough of the coaching merry go round w this franchise.

jack del rio is 10-2. It's not because he's a genius.

jeff fisher, IMO, is a good coach, yet he's had mediocre record for ages and there's an Eric Dickerson-led mutiny going on out west.

id rather let Mac continue to be the above average GM I consider him to be and hope Bowles can grow. 

Wait what? Keep the worst coaching staff in the NFL intact?  Bowles grow? 

12 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

This place and media are full on pathetic.

Fire him, fire them all. Nothing like firing everyone in site at the first sign of adversity.

Give me a break

First sign of adversity? Bowles sucks, but let's keep him because consistency.

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait what? Keep the worst coaching staff in the NFL intact?  Bowles grow? 

That's the way I feel about this situation. 

We lack too many players at too many skill positions to put 100% on him. 

And, again, the NYJ coaching turnover is a joke. I want it to stop.

4 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Casserly empathic today on NFL.com "this is a major rebuilding job not a firing situation"

He  omits to mention he was heavily involved in the formation of the current Jets regime

Now he is blaming talent, saying that was the problem all along.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/0ap3000000752708/Casserly-on-Jets-loss-This-is-a-major-rebuilding-job

What a sh!tbag. 

Archived