Good job Marshall

RESNewYork

4 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Marshall contradicts a lot of what is said on here. And his opinion should matter more than any media covering the team. I say that because a lot of what the media is said is taken to heart with fans. 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/12/why_brandon_marshall_thinks_jets_should_retain_tod.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

Seriously? Marshall contradicts himself after every statement he makes. His statements are the pure definition of contradiction. 

Frequent turnover at the coaching level is really not good, but in this case, it's warranted. If the players actually respect Bowles, how do you explain the non-effort on Monday night? How do you explain that your two supposedly best players are constantly showing up late to team meetings? He's made poor in-game decisions, and has clearly lost control of the team. Whatever he's doing to instill discipline in these guys obviously isn't working. His game plans are downright perplexing - and not in a good way - and I hate to admit this, but the fat man was correct in his recent radio broadcast, Bowles is beginning to sound a bit like Rich Kotite did in his post-game interviews. 

Offer John Gruden or Bill Cowher whatever money they want. Let's bring in a veteran coach this time, not a rookie coordinator.

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'd say Fitzpatrick and the loss of Decker has a lot more to do with the offense crumbling but that's just me.

I think Gailey owns some blame too ... his propensity to dial up low % pass plays on 3rd and short, and in the red zone especially, is very vexing and has contributed a lot to the failure this year, IMO. We were excellent on the red zone last year, and dreadful this year, and that has seriously affected our overall record. You can't win by kicking FGs all game.

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Keyshawn, Moss, Chrebet, and Coles were all very good Wide Recievers. It is in no way an insult to say that he's the best guy we've had since any of them.

It may not be an insult, but it's not exactly a compliment.

At 33, with the numbers he's put up, he's worth $7.5 million and honestly, at this stage of his career, I wouldnt rule out him being open to a paycut/re-structure.  Even without that, a few simple cuts and CAP is not an issue at all so 7.5mil for a top tier wideout to assist in the growth of our (likely) young QBs is chump change.

He's putting up dogsh*t numbers, he's not a top-tier wideout, and he's not assisting any young QBs with anything. He's got 3 TDs and probably won't break a thousand yards this year. You know how many targets we've had to flush his way to get those 53 top tier receptions? 109. That's more than a quarter of the passes we've attempted this season. For the money he's making and the draft pick we gave up, we'd be better off digging a hole in the ground on his side of the field and just throwing the ball into it nine times a game.

And before any of you Rhodes scholars jumps in with "BUT FITZ SUCKSES," this has been the pattern throughout Marshall's career, with every QB and coach and coordinator he's ever played under. 

I'd say Fitzpatrick and the loss of Decker has a lot more to do with the offense crumbling but that's just me.

Of course they do, which is why I said a and not the. That said, if you don't think replacing last year's WR1 with a giant sucking sound is having an impact, I don't know what to tell you.

He's given no indication that he's going to do that and I have no reason to believe he will.

I don't think he's planning on sending a printed invitation. The indication is that he's done it in literally every pro locker room he's ever been a part of.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Marshall is one of the small handful of players on this team who are still playing hard and questions others commitment to the team and JW etc want him gone. 

I'm not seeing any evidence that he's playing particularly hard. In fact, I've NEVER seen any evidence that the does anything more than run routes. I don't see him selling out or blocking 'fiercely'. Just running routes and catching balls, most of the time. How is that "playing hard"?

You make up a fantasy and now you'll have to stick with it, even though you really have no evidence to support it.

Marshall is a big target, no doubt. But, if you really look at it, he, like Fitzpatrick, has never been on an achieving squad. So, he's clearly not indispensable and it's unclear, given his desire to support EVERYONE, even when they aren't worthy, that he'll say most anything he thinks is not controversial.

To me, he's fools gold: a big target who mostly does ok, but, in the end, doesn't get you anywhere.

13 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Marshall contradicts a lot of what is said on here. And his opinion should matter more than any media covering the team. I say that because a lot of what the media is said is taken to heart with fans. 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/12/why_brandon_marshall_thinks_jets_should_retain_tod.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

This has nothing to do with what the media says or whether some players think he should be retained. This is about football knowledge and if a coach has it or not. Sorry but bowles does not.  I was all for this hire, but after 2 years of mind boggling decisions, I can't support him anymore. It's one thing to have your players playing hard and not winning, it's another to have no effort and lose. It's also another the have no clue how to make time out calls, or half time adjustments.  It's time to stick a fork in him and get someone in here who gives a S@#) and can coach his A$$ off.

10 hours ago, j4jets said:

Seriously? Marshall contradicts himself after every statement he makes. His statements are the pure definition of contradiction. 

Don't think Marshall contradicts himself. He's pretty much very positive. Which may hurt statements like this because he's usually just positive 

4 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Really? Even in our division, do the Jets have more talent than the pats fins or bills?

yes we have more talent than Miami or Buffalo especially Buf w/ all their injuries and suspensions.

at the very least we have the talent to compete for a postseason berth, this is not a roster that should have been out of the race by Halloween.

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

List the talent we have, please.

average QB which most teams have

good RBs

very good WRs

decent OL

most talented DL in league

decent LBs

secondary stinks but there is talent there. tgreating Revis likes it's 2009 and not making any adjustments is on coaching.  w/ that DL you and I should be able to competently play corner.  the coaching is what has held this team back.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

average QB which most teams have

good RBs

very good WRs

decent OL

most talented DL in league

decent LBs

secondary stinks but there is talent there. tgreating Revis likes it's 2009 and not making any adjustments is on coaching.  w/ that DL you and I should be able to competently play corner.  the coaching is what has held this team back.

This is a little bit of a stretch.

Bottom 5 qb play

Average rb? But moreso bad oline. Our best lineman has been injured most of the year. We had a journey man tackle and undated free agents for most of the year starting. And a g who not until this year is playing at an average level.

One proven wr. One late rounder who is developing. And promising udfa

Top 5 d line

2 rookie lbs. 1 2nd year lb who missed half the season and replaced by catapano who is a late round flier

Secondary has been so dissapointing with a monumental drop off from Revis and regression from Pryor. 

I just think most of this roster was made up from a previous regime that really left this regime in a hole. They band aid the roster with outs in the contracts while building. 

Not to blame Rex but is it possible that Rex may have let his players get away with some things and it takes more than two years to completely change a culture. 

3 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

This is a little bit of a stretch.

Bottom 5 qb play

Average rb? But moreso bad oline. Our best lineman has been injured most of the year. We had a journey man tackle and undated free agents for most of the year starting. And a g who not until this year is playing at an average level.

One proven wr. One late rounder who is developing. And promising udfa

Top 5 d line

2 rookie lbs. 1 2nd year lb who missed half the season and replaced by catapano who is a late round flier

Secondary has been so dissapointing with a monumental drop off from Revis and regression from Pryor. 

I just think most of this roster was made up from a previous regime that really left this regime in a hole. They band aid the roster with outs in the contracts while building. 

Not to blame Rex but is it possible that Rex may have let his players get away with some things and it takes more than two years to completely change a culture. 

Fitz is average

our OL isn't 2008/2009 but it's not bad either.  we definitely need to upgrade and get younger but we could compete w/ this OL.

One HOF caliber WR, one excellent young WR and a bunch of good young guys

most talented DL in the league, playing like a top 15 DL though.

we have enough talent to compete, not for SBs but at least for the playoffs.  

If we still had rex we'd be in the hunt.  the problem wasn't Rex it wa firing Tannenbaum then firing Rex.

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Team played without fire once all year.  They didnt quit until this week.  Has nothing to do with Marshall being right or wrong.  

Just because he's in the the locker room doesnt mean hes going to want him back.  And yes, just as most believe Bowles should be back in the media, most in the locker room will want him back

the fire is one aspect. playing smart is the other.  this team just doesn't play smart and that comes from the coaches.

Hahahahaa playoff roster!!!

You think playoffs when your QB is the worst starter in the NFL!!!!

Fitz was average the Jets wouldn't have sucked like they have.  No he is the worst statistal QB in the league, period. And folks don't get say well if you threw out this game he stats would be much better!  That canard would be true for every QB in the NFL!!!

Anyone please let me know the team with the worst QB play in the league going to the playoffs in the last forty years???

Bowles has been awful this year on and off the field No question.......but for folks to claim Bowles is holding the Jets talent from getting us playoff berths and a SB is preposterous in the extreme!!

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hahahahaa playoff roster!!!

You think playoffs when you QB is the worst starter in the NFL!!!!

Anyone please let me know the team with the worst QB play in the league going to the playoffs in the last forty years???

Bowles has been awful this year on and off the field No question.......but for folks to claim Bowles is holding the Jets talent from getting us playoff berths and a SB is preposterous in the extreme!!

he's not even close to to the worst starter in the league and as you know I'm not a fan of Fitz.

we have been held back by the awful coaching.  there's no excuse for this team to not be in the race.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he's not even close to to the worst starter in the league and as you know I'm not a fan of Fitz.

we have been held back by the awful coaching.  there's no excuse for this team to not be in the race.

Really ummmmm who pray tell is worse than Fitz and I wanted him on the Jets initially since I have followed the Bills since I lived there in 1990?

And IMO if we had adequate QB play we would have been in the race. 

Again Bowles has not been good this year, he hasn't.  So to say that I don't think he shouldn't be fired doesn't mean I think that Bowles was good. 

Clearly for example the DC has to go.  The defense has been atrocious considering the DL talent but it is imbalanced talent. 

Yed Bowles has been poor and yes if we had Bellichick we would have been better but structurally with the QB playing has he has we weren't winning anything.   

You think if Aaron Rogers was on the Jets we wouldn't have then been a playoff team with Bowles at the helm?

You can't have horrible QB play in today's NFL and expect to win anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Really ummmmm who pray tell is worse than Fitz and I wanted him on the Jets initially since I have followed the Bills since I lived there in 1990?

And IMO if we had adequate QB play we would have been in the race. 

Again Bowles has not been good this year, he hasn't.  So to say that I don't think he shouldn't be fired doesn't mean I think that Bowles was good. 

Clearly for example the DC has to go.  The defense has been atrocious considering the DL talent but it is imbalanced talent. 

Yed Bowles has been poor and yes if we had Bellichick we would have been better but structurally with the QB playing has he has we weren't winning anything.   

You think if Aaron Rogers was on the Jets we wouldn't have then been a playoff team with Bowles at the helm?

You can't have horrible QB play in today's NFL and expect to win anymore. 

whatever they have trotted out in Cleveland

Osweiler

Bortles

Bradford

Cutler

Rams QBs

kaepernick

he hasn't been good but he's not clsoe to the worst.

QB play isn't what kept us down, it was poor coaching.  Fitz had the awful game at KC but wasn't terrible the rest of the year.

it's not just qb play which you have to admit has been bad. it's the overall roster. there is not a lot of talent there. and the players the team relies on is old.

your list above, i'm sure you would take Bradford, Cutler, Jared Goff, and possibly Bortles over fitz.

And agreed its not all on the qb. That's not a fair statement. But the overall talent on the roster is really not good

I like Marshall and think he has been a great player for us and I believe he is genuine in his thoughts but here is the problem.  Bowles with his part Parcells/part Lovie Smith (who i never cared for)  and being a players coach has taken the bullets a number of times for his players and in turn they have walked all over him and played awful.

The one and only thing that will save Bowles in my eyes going forward is if the team has a massive purge of players who have walked on him.

There is no excuse in the while world that this defense should be as awful as it has been, Bowles owns that 100%

Archived