RIP Greg Lake

NJ

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Holy sh*t. Whoa. 

His songs definitely touched me. I'm sad

I'll throw in 'Take A Pebble' and 'Stones Of Years' as personal faves

Great Post. I am heart broken.

I am , I bet , the biggest Greg Lake fan on this board. LOVE your 2 selections.   Take a Pebble is friggin an awesome piece of music.  Stones of Years to LIVE ending with Battlefield coupled to Epitaph is great!!

This is my favorite. I took up bass at age 14 because of Greg Lake.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Great Post. I am heart broken.

I am , I bet , the biggest Greg Lake fan on this board. LOVE your 2 selections.   Take a Pebble is friggin an awesome piece of music.  Stones of Years to LIVE ending with Battlefield coupled to Epitaph is great!!

This is my favorite. I took up bass at age 14 because of Greg Lake.

I regretted not adding 'Battlefield' right after I posted :)

I recently watched a few Greg Lake interviews and musical pieces on Youtube. In one he talked about that acoustic guitar and gave a little tutorial on it. It was very interesting. 

I had been listening to ELP and King Crimson and that got me to Youtube.

'From The Beginning' is another one. That one had me studying music in HS and the fundamentals of song writing. If it wasn't for sports I definitely would have gone further with the  music...

Very sad

17 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I dug ELP...a lot.  Folks forget that these guys could be soulful and bluesy.   Once again, note Greg's voice (and bass, southpark) in this classic.  It's incredible.

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I regretted not adding 'Battlefield' right after I posted :)

I recently watched a few Greg Lake interviews and musical pieces on Youtube. In one he talked about that acoustic guitar and gave a little tutorial on it. It was very interesting. 

I had been listening to ELP and King Crimson and that got me to Youtube.

'From The Beginning' is another one. That one had me studying music in HS and the fundamentals of song writing. If it wasn't for sports I definitely would have gone further with the  music...

Very sad

Very strange...last night I get home and watched on youtube on my TV The birth of ELP (about 1.5 hours), not sure why, I never do that. I then wake up this morning and put on an OLD ELP tee shirt to the gym.  BUT..something stops me before I walk out the door...  I literally turnaround,  breakout my Taylor 810 and lower the E string to D and bang out "Lucky Man" and sing it outloud at 6am this morning.  

SMH...  RIP Greg Lake.

32 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Its actually quite tricky to play.  Sounds easy...but no.

This young woman's video just came up on my YouTube recommendations. She's blind and just an astounding musician. Glad to see ELP's music is being carried on.   Scroll through her videos.  They're insane.

Archived