Jump to content

Which coaches get fired this year (besides possibly Bowles)


Recommended Posts

Leaving Bowles aside, I was listening to Francesa and he said that there might not be a lot of coaches fired this year. Which is big because if we do fire Bowles, the lack of experienced head coaches in the pool is very definite.

The only coach at the top of my head that I think will get fired is Gus Bradley from Jacksonville. 

Who else?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Leaving Bowles aside, I was listening to Francesa and he said that there might not be a lot of coaches fired this year. Which is big because if we do fire Bowles, the lack of experienced head coaches in the pool is very definite.

The only coach at the top of my head that I think will get fired is Gus Bradley from Jacksonville. 

Who else?

 

 

Depending on how the Bills finish, the immortal, defensive mastermind could be on the chopping block.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

If no other coaches besides Bowles get fired, we're the top job.  This is a good thing.

The NY Jets are a top job regardless of who else gets fired the marquee the history its all here who wouldnt want the challenge of building a winner here. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Bradley and McCoy are the favorites. John Fox is a sleeper to watch for.

If Bowles fires Gailey to buy himself time, I wouldn't mind bringing in McCoy as OC. Especially if he brings Phillip Rivers with him... lol, sigh.

I think Fox is a pretty decent coach, conservative, but at least he's a head coach and not an over-promoted coordinator.

Bradley sucks, total product of teh Seahawks defensive talent. Like all those Ravens D-coordinators that got HC jobs.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I think everyone has been thinking that for years now.  Then again, he no longer has the "well they did well in the regular season" excuse in his corner.

Exactly. If he had his usual 10 win season with a first round flame out, he probably gets a pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only guy who is a 100% surefire goner is Gus Bradley, IMO. They've drafted high every year and given him a long time and lots of patience. There's no reason that team should suck so much.

Other possibilities:

Rex Ryan -- Probably depends how they finish. I think he's safe if they go 8-8 or better, even with no playoffs.

Marvin Lewis -- I think he's safe. They'd made the playoffs several years in a row before this and they've stood by him in the past.

Hue Jackson -- I doubt they can him after one year, but if they go 0-16...? Browns have done this before.

Mike McCoy -- It's tough because their division is stacked and they've lost so many close games, but he's been trending down. I could see them moving on.

John Fox -- He really hasn't set the world on fire but he's only been there two years and they had a ton of injuries this year.

Chip Kelly -- Hard to fire two coaches back to back after one year but honestly I think the 9ers are the worst team in the NFL. 

Jeff Fisher -- I guess they just resigned him so it's unlikely, but man, how many 7-9 seasons can you have? He's made the playoffs in 6 of 22 seasons as Head Coach. That's nuts.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The only guy who is a 100% surefire goner is Gus Bradley, IMO. They've drafted high every year and given him a long time and lots of patience. There's no reason that team should suck so much.

Other possibilities:

Rex Ryan -- Probably depends how they finish. I think he's safe if they go 8-8 or better, even with no playoffs.

Marvin Lewis -- I think he's safe. They'd made the playoffs several years in a row before this and they've stood by him in the past.

Hue Jackson -- I doubt they can him after one year, but if they go 0-16...? Browns have done this before.

Mike McCoy -- It's tough because their division is stacked and they've lost so many close games, but he's been trending down. I could see them moving on.

John Fox -- He really hasn't set the world on fire but he's only been there two years and they had a ton of injuries this year.

Chip Kelly -- Hard to fire two coaches back to back after one year but honestly I think the 9ers are the worst team in the NFL. 

Jeff Fisher -- I guess they just resigned him so it's unlikely, but man, how many 7-9 seasons can you have? He's made the playoffs in 6 of 22 seasons as Head Coach. That's nuts.

 

Rex- if they finish 9-7 I think he survives

Lewis- safe

Jackson- gone

McCoy- dumb move if they fire him I'll glady take him on the jets

Fox - gone

Kelly - quits to go back to college

Fisher - gone

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Rex- if they finish 9-7 I think he survives

Lewis- safe

Jackson- gone

McCoy- dumb move if they fire him I'll glady take him on the jets

Fox - gone

Kelly - quits to go back to college

Fisher - gone

I would suprised if Jackson is fired. His team at least played hard for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Jeff Fisher, Mike McCoy, and Marvin Lewis are gone in my opinion.

Rex, Bowles, Kelly, Jackson get another year.

Possible suprises...Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, Mike Tomlin

Tomlin? that would indeed be a shocker considering Pitssburgh have had what? 3 HC's in about 40 years... good call if it happens

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, redlichtie said:

Tomlin? that would indeed be a shocker considering Pitssburgh have had what? 3 HC's in about 40 years... good call if it happens

I dont think its a def. but if they miss the playoffs its a possibility. My friend was born and raised in Pitt, and said the fans have been fed up with him for awhile. "Weak defense, no adjustments, small in big moments, not discipline." Sounds like us lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I dont think its a def. but if they miss the playoffs its a possibility. My friend was born and raised in Pitt, and said the fans have been fed up with him for awhile. "Weak defense, no adjustments, small in big moments, not discipline." Sounds like us lol

Sounds scarily like us...sign that beast!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...