JETS VS 49ERS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

joewilly12

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LionelRichie said:

Ijalana, Qwale, Johnson - 3 backups.   Johnson doesn't look that bad, but Ijalan is getting beaten like a rented mule.  

Qvale was the starting RT to start the season and was the starter for the majority of it. He's an upgrade over Breno by just breathing. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Qvale was the starting RT to start the season and was the starter for the majority of it. He's an upgrade over Breno by just breathing. 

he was starting b/c Bracimini was on PUP.   As soon as Bracimini was healthy he took over the RT position - yes, I agree that he sucks.   

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He just doesnt like petty. Im not saying petty has been good but this is first real start it will take time

Petty played basically the same system in college that Geno did which explains why he is making the same mistakes and has the same lack of feel for the pass rush. The difference is he got a redshirt year where he got to learn without having to play every game his rookie year or the first 75% of his second year. Geno is still not a good QB and probably never will be; having to play from day one didn't allow him to develop and he has a boatload of bad habits and tendencies to overcome...but he did improve from year to year.

Petty has had nearly 2 year watching to learn how to watch film and how to read defenses and how to go through progressions...all the stuff that one needs to be able to do to be an average NFL QB and he looks like he got the playbook last week. He just got lucky throwing into double coverage and proceeded to turn first and goal from the SF 3 into 4th and goal from the SF 11; how would you be reacting to that if it was 2013/2014 Geno?

Not with this "he needs time to develop; just give him a chance" BS.

1 minute ago, rammagen said:

1 time I have saw he held the ball and that lead to a sack....dude come on call it right. He has not been great but he has not been as bad as you say

My fault I'm sorry .. Petty is playing good future at QB looks bright today ..

3 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Petty played basically the same system in college that Geno did which explains why he is making the same mistakes and has the same lack of feel for the pass rush. The difference is he got a redshirt year where he got to learn without having to play every game his rookie year or the first 75% of his second year. Geno is still not a good QB and probably never will be; having to play from day one didn't allow him to develop and he has a boatload of bad habits and tendencies to overcome...but he did improve from year to year.

Petty has had nearly 2 year watching to learn how to watch film and how to read defenses and how to go through progressions...all the stuff that one needs to be able to do to be an average NFL QB and he looks like he got the playbook last week. He just got lucky throwing into double coverage and proceeded to turn first and goal from the SF 3 into 4th and goal from the SF 11; how would you be reacting to that if it was 2013/2014 Geno?

Not with this "he needs time to develop; just give him a chance" BS.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

My fault I'm sorry .. Petty is playing good future at QB looks bright today ..

Dont be a smartass. Nobody is asking you to praise him but be a little fair dude

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Fitzy is his hero. lol

Good try .. but I think everyone knows how I feel about Fitz and it wasn't good ..  

but since I'm not impressed with Pettys play today and gave my honest opinion . I most be Fitz supporter? Or maybe I'm just tired of same old BS at QB .. 

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Good try .. but I think everyone knows how I feel about Fitz and it wasn't good ..  

but since I'm not impressed with Pettys play today and gave my honest opinion . I most be Fitz supporter? Or maybe I'm just tired of same old BS at QB .. 

Giving a opinion is fine but then you act pissy about it

Archived