JETS VS 49ERS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

joewilly12

This was Petty's first real start with first unit reps going into the game.  Was he perfect?  of course not   Was he very good? of course not  BUT he showed some guts in the second half when we have been mangled most of the game.  Regardless of what happens I'm excited to see his progression the next 3 weeks

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, rammagen said:

you have not seen enough from Petty to tell if he sucks because of this offensive line. Ypeople can say he missed open receivers but was in the pocket? I am looking how he reacts and it has been up and down makes a good throw and read then has a poor decision. that is typical though in his first yr of starting

The sacks have been on the QB. He's holding the ball for an eternity. Not even getting into the fact that the QB sets protections and that's likely why the line has played exponentially worse than usual today.  

He hasn't been anything that I didn't expect from a one read QB that can't dissect basic coverages.

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

This was Petty's first real start with first unit reps going into the game.  Was he perfect?  of course not   Was he very good? of course not  BUT he showed some guts in the second half when we have been mangled most of the game.  Regardless of what happens I'm excited to see his progression the next 3 weeks

Getz.

That's what we're hanging our hats on.

Gutz.

Just now, johnnyjet said:

Our coaches are dumb. 

We have nothing to lose . Air that sh*t out I don't get why there acting so scared . The whole first half they played like this . Soon as the let the kid sling it and stop being conservative good things happened 

Just now, Mogglez said:

The sacks have been on the QB. He's holding the ball for an eternity. Not even getting into the fact that the QB sets protections and that's likely why the line has played exponentially worse than usual today.  

He hasn't been anything that I didn't expect from a one read QB that can't dissect basic coverages.

Not really true BUT whatever

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

We are in awe of your QB insight. lol

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

dude they have not all been on the qb. He has made bad choices and good choices missed open receivers and made good throws, but those passes he has held onto the ball when they were going to deep routes and even then he had had to move around to create that time

15 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Petty has inspired the team today. This is the best QB play since week 2

You are 100% correct my friend!!

The defense finally made a play cause they realized it might make a dam difference!!!

It is amazing that some of us are saying that Petty is just ok out here when the Jets have looked literally like crap for weeks prior to this.   

This is only Petty's second game!!!

Come on Guys!!

Just now, Jets723 said:

Not really true BUT whatever

Right. He's been getting the ball nice and zippy today.  The sacks have noooootttthing to do with him holding on to the ball.  Everything is fiiiiine.  Petty has been fiiiiiine.  He doesn't lock on to recievers.  He doesn't lack the ability to go through progressions properly.  Everything is all dandy.

I told y'all he could play. It's not a deal where you wait on every throw to be the one that signals he's arrived. He's going to arrive gradually, but he's got some promise. I think he can be better than a guy like Bortlee by next year, personally.

I hope so, at least.

Archived