We can do this!

j4jets

I've never rooted for the Jets to lose. Recent news has Bowles sitting safely, unless the team no-shows, which it has the entire season except for one Bills game. We really need these next four games for our new HC. We need these next four games to pick possibly 3rd overall.

We can do it! Let's go Jets! Let's go lose!

The master devious plan is to play youngsters, lose, keep Bowles but upgrade assistants who can develop players, pick high in 2017, repeat that plan during the 2017 Season, replace the whole staff, pick high in 2018, contend for playoffs in 2018.

I like that plan and think it is reasonable.

Just now, varjet said:

The master devious plan is to play youngsters, lose, keep Bowles but upgrade assistants who can develop players, pick high in 2017, repeat that plan during the 2017 Season, replace the whole staff, pick high in 2018, contend for playoffs in 2018.

I like that plan and think it is reasonable.

The Jets have many glaring needs hard to put a time frame on fixing this mess especially what way we draft. 

59 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I've never rooted for the Jets to lose. Recent news has Bowles sitting safely, unless the team no-shows, which it has the entire season except for one Bills game. We really need these next four games for our new HC. We need these next four games to pick possibly 3rd overall.

For who? There is no tankable talent in this draft

5 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I don't know what will happen but my hope is the jets become unbeatable over these last 4 games and go into next year with hope.

If by "unbeatable" you mean 'unable to beat anyone', then yeah, we have a good shot at that. Even our 2014 team wasn't this bad. They played till the last game and lost several games by 7 or less points. This team doesn't stand a chance. Shows no competitiveness. It's like a hooker that's just going through the motions just to collect their pay. 

I've never cared this little. Bowles is just a complete putz. I couldn't believe how much he made out of it being the "first time" they got kicked around during the last postgame presser. What a ridiculous way to put it - you were 3-8 going into that game...lol. You expect a cookie because you had 6-7 close losses?

22 minutes ago, stoicsentry said:

I've never cared this little. Bowles is just a complete putz. I couldn't believe how much he made out of it being the "first time" they got kicked around during the last postgame presser. What a ridiculous way to put it - you were 3-8 going into that game...lol. You expect a cookie because you had 6-7 close losses?

Awesome point, I thought the same thing. HEY Bowltite, we got kicked around in Arizona, Pittsburgh, KC, How about right now? 169 rushing yards in the first half.

LOL BOWLTITE

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

If by "unbeatable" you mean 'unable to beat anyone', then yeah, we have a good shot at that. Even our 2014 team wasn't this bad. They played till the last game and lost several games by 7 or less points. This team doesn't stand a chance. Shows no competitiveness. It's like a hooker that's just going through the motions just to collect their pay. 

U were saying asswipe

9 hours ago, j4jets said:

I feel a winning streak on the way.

3 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

U were saying asswipe

I was saying, ****bag, that we happened to have played against the worst team in the league not named the Browns. And we still needed a miracle comeback from Petty. I wouldn't keep my hopes up. 

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats not happening.  We'd just pile up losses and nothing more.

We lost he last three and go 4-12, I don't know about Bowles keeping his job safe. We played good yesterday with what we had (depleted OL, young QB, rookie WR who cant catch half the passes that hit him in the hands and what not). If we play like that the last three weeks, Bowles might save his job. 

11 minutes ago, j4jets said:

We lost he last three and go 4-12, I don't know about Bowles keeping his job safe. We played good yesterday with what we had (depleted OL, young QB, rookie WR who cant catch half the passes that hit him in the hands and what not). If we play like that the last three weeks, Bowles might save his job. 

To me he's a young HC who came here without any HCing experience.  You know he was going to learn on the fly, making some mistakes along the way. If he took over a deep talented team, with a QB in place, results would be better as he was learning.  I ask all the time and never get a real response, how much better would we be if he didnt make the few glaring mistakes hes made in 2016?  Another win, maybe?  You have to let him grow, see if he can.  Otherwise you just spin your wheels.  I just know that we dont know what Bowles is as a HC yet.  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

To me he's a young HC who came here without any HCing experience.  You know he was going to learn on the fly, making some mistakes along the way. If he took over a deep talented team, with a QB in place, results would be better as he was learning.  I ask all the time and never get a real response, how much better would we be if he didnt make the few glaring mistakes hes made in 2016?  Another win, maybe?  You have to let him grow, see if he can.  Otherwise you just spin your wheels.  I just know that we dont know what Bowles is as a HC yet.  

He took over in 2015 when most of the Jets team was set up by Rex. He won 10 games.
In 2016, a lot of the team changed compared to Rex's 2014 team and we will probably end up with 4-5 wins. 

Bowles said it himself that the players are putting in the effort but we are just not getting the results. Something tells his scheme (lol, what scheme?) is being exposed. After investing millions of $ in this D along with high draft picks, we still have one of the worst Ds in the league. Under Rex, we only sucked as a pass D in his last year, when IzDumb decided to go into the season with no starting caliber corners (we had Antonio Allen, Darin Walls, rookie Marcus Williams and Kyle Wilson as starting CBs lololooolllllololloo). Rush D wasn't the best but we still had a top 10 D in each of the year. Thats the team Bowles inherited and is ranked 19th in total yards allowed. Its not all on Bowles. Players got old and slow, but when you have a below average D for a HC who specializes in D and invested most of his resources there (FA, high draft picks etc), someone ought to be held accountable. So its either the HC, or the DC, if not both. 

And without Bowles, we easily win more than 4 games. His stubbornness to stick with Fitz cost us the year. His stubbornness to hold a QB competition cost us. His stubbornness of not playing Powell enough cost us. His stubbornness in last years last game of not playing Revis in a press coverage cost us. His stubbornness of not benching Fitz towards the end when it was apparent Fitz had maxed out his luck and the game and the year was on the line cost us. His stubbornness is real. Hindsight is 20/20 but I've been calling for changes for months now. The leash Fitz received was unbelievable. 

Can't make half time adjustments, can't analyze the game like a true HC, knows nothing about the offense (wasn't this one of the reasons we let Rex go?), has no control of his players running their mouths, especially the under-performing garbage ones making $17+ mil a year, and he doesn't instill any confidence in this team. He's a zombie from The Walking Dead. Actually, he's not. They act hungry. He doesn't. 

tumblr_muw7fgBMxR1s63bb0o2_400.gif

Archived