Rex to be fired as soon as Monday: Report

Maxman

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

+1

With the Jets, the idea was to self-preserve as long as possible to get an extension and a second job elsewhere.  With the Bills, the idea was to get fired as quickly as possible.  He's made over $20,000,000 simply by being a loudmouth in the emerging social media era.

He'll write a book called "How An NFL Head Coach Can Make The Most Money With The Least Amount Of Effort", it'll compete on the Best Seller list with Darrelle Revis' "How To Play NFL Free Agency To Get The Most Undeserved Contracts From The Most Teams".

SAR I

Yup, gets to spend the rest of his life on his couch laughing at all those suckers coaching football games. Advantage: REX

Why announce this now? Why fire him now? Just wait until the end of the season. At least wait until after the Miami game in Buffalo, the Fins are going to walk right into the playoffs. Miami has the easiest schedule of all the wildcard teams and holds the tie breaker over Pittsburgh. Denver schedule is brutal and their QB is banged up. The Bills are not making the playoffs so why wait. He will end up a DC in Miami or on TV.

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Why announce this now? Why fire him now? Just wait until the end of the season. At least wait until after the Miami game in Buffalo, the Fins are going to walk right into the playoffs. Miami has the easiest schedule of all the wildcard teams and holds the tie breaker over Pittsburgh. Denver schedule is brutal and their QB is banged up. The Bills are not making the playoffs so why wait. He will end up a DC in Miami or on TV.

maybe rex leaked it to get his guys to fight for him ?

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Someone answer this.  What should the bills be right now?  10-2? 

and because rex is so bad they are only 6-6?

i think you could make the arguement the bills should be 4-8 but because rex has them playing better then they should be, they are 6-6.

LOL!!

Supposed a lot of turmoil behind the scenes. But to me he deserves at least the rest of the season. They started at 0-2 and since then have been 6-4. As for Tyrod reportedly the Bills will not pick up his option. If true I'd love to see us sign him. Now you know why Marrone left. The owners are budding in and have been all season.

34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I hated this quote the second it was said and I hate it even more now. Rex isn't tough for sh*t. I can't think of a single person in the history of sports that talked this much sh*t and backed none of it up.

Agreed, and that's the irony in the statement.  Rex was perceived to be tough but wasn't.  Same for his team, to this day they still can't hold onto a lead late in a game or hit a bully in the mouth.

SAR I

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Some lucky ass team is going to get themselves an amazing mastermind D.C.! As long as they have 3 stud DL, 4 amazing CB's, and 4 awesome LBers, they should be top 5 in defense every year.

You forgot..they must spend their 1st round pick on D, and fully expect to never win more than 8 games BUT , on paper, they are a great defense.  Cant get a stop with 5 minutes left, but great.

53 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Someone answer this.  What should the bills be right now?  10-2? 

and because rex is so bad they are only 6-6?

i think you could make the arguement the bills should be 4-8 but because rex has them playing better then they should be, they are 6-6.

Why?  Tyrod Taylor is better than Fitz, McCoy is better than Forte, Gilmore is better than Revis, Brown is better than Harris, Darius is better than Mo, Kyle Williams is better than McClendon, Eric Wood is younger & better than Mangold, Incognito is better than Winters, Jerry Hughes is a better pass rusher than anyone we have, Cordy Glenn is better than Clady, on & on.

Bills have 6 wins & lost to the 3 win Jets. Bills should be a playoff team. He's getting sacked if he loses today.

47 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Supposed a lot of turmoil behind the scenes. But to me he deserves at least the rest of the season. They started at 0-2 and since then have been 6-4. As for Tyrod reportedly the Bills will not pick up his option. If true I'd love to see us sign him. Now you know why Marrone left. The owners are budding in and have been all season.

If T-Mobile gets cut that's the QB the jets should sign not friggin Collin Kaepernick

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Why?  Tyrod Taylor is better than Fitz, McCoy is better than Forte, Gilmore is better than Revis, Brown is better than Harris, Darius is better than Mo, Kyle Williams is better than McClendon, Eric Wood is younger & better than Mangold, Incognito is better than Winters, Jerry Hughes is a better pass rusher than anyone we have, Cordy Glenn is better than Clady, on & on.

Bills have 6 wins & lost to the 3 win Jets. Bills should be a playoff team. He's getting sacked if he loses today.

Laughable, the Bills don't have a single NFL caliber player on the roster, only reason they even exist as a franchise is REX

Archived