Jump to content

Rex to be fired as soon as Monday: Report


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lucky ass team is going to get themselves an amazing mastermind D.C.! As long as they have 3 stud DL, 4 amazing CB's, and 4 awesome LBers, they should be top 5 in defense every year.

CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS EVERYWHEREERE CHRISTMAS TIME IS HEEEEEEEERE.

I don't have any tremendous negative feelings towards Rex and actually wished him well when he left but some of the posters out here who continued to say "if only Rex were here..." owe everyone a big

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Many, many places

On the same day you saw dead people?

No one ever said that.  More like he could have won at least 3 games like Fitz while saving 12 mil.  

A little different

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

On the same day you saw dead people?

No one ever said that.  More like he could have won at least 3 games like Fitz while saving 12 mil.  

A little different

I personally have never seen dead people, so I cannot comment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On the same day you saw dead people?
No one ever said that.  More like he could have won at least 3 games like Fitz while saving 12 mil.  
A little different



Since you feel the need to defend the worst Jet QBs ever...

Can we see your analysis of the great talents of Al Woodall, Brooks Bollinger, Quincy Carter, Kellen Clemens and Bill Demory
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

 

 


Since you feel the need to defend the worst Jet QBs ever...

Can we see your analysis of the great talents of Al Woodall, Brooks Bollinger, Quincy Carter, Kellen Clemens and Bill Demory

 

 

Since you can't read or comprehend the English language you mean? 

I said people said he could have won the same number, 3, games as Fitz and saved 12 mil. That's a defense of who exactly? 

So the sarcastic, moronic reply was you being dickhead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

this is why the Bills are the Bills, the man did an incredible job keeping that team in the race this year w/ the healthy talent he had.  I'd trade Bowles for Rex in a heartbeat,

The reported problem is that Rex is creating insurmountable friction and chaos inside the organization.

Surprised?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Since you can't read or comprehend the English language you mean? 
I said people said he could have won the same number, 3, games as Fitz and saved 12 mil. That's a defense of who exactly? 
So the sarcastic, moronic reply was you being dickhead. 



Didn't see any insults or personal attacks in my reply. Must have missed them.
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

 

 


Didn't see any insults or personal attacks in my reply. Must have missed them.

 

 

I saw a moronic, sarcastic attack.  I saw a dumb reference to every bad QB we've put on the field. 

All goes hand in hand.  Lighten up, read, reply like a fan not a twat and you won't get attacked. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

this is why the Bills are the Bills, the man did an incredible job keeping that team in the race this year w/ the healthy talent he had.  I'd trade Bowles for Rex in a heartbeat,

I love your passion for the Jets, but I am thrilled you are not the GM of the Jets, junc.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The reported problem is that Rex is creating insurmountable friction and chaos inside the organization.

Surprised?

are they overachieving or not?

20 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I love your passion for the Jets, but I am thrilled you are not the GM of the Jets, junc.

if I was we'd have SBs, we'd be run more like Pitt and less like the Browns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

are they overachieving or not?

if I was we'd have SBs, we'd be run more like Pitt and less like the Browns.

If you were we'd have rex ryan and mark sanchez as our franchise an be as bad if not worse than we are.  Your evaluation of these two are awful but worse yet is your reasons and arguments for being all in with them.  Zero logic whatsoever.  Now this wouldn't be so ridiculous a as everyone has their favorites in this world but you constantly use one metirc to base an argument on and then ignore it or use the same metric in the exact opposite way when talking about another player or coach,

In short I would be over joyed if you ran the Phins, Bills or Pats.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

LOL, yeah, because Rex seems like the type of coach the Rooney's would hire.....

it's not about Rex being any type.  Rex is a damn good coach, there are many different ways to win.  we threw away rex and Tannenbaum and while I believe we have a good GM now we have an inept HC.  If rex is here we are playing meaningful games these next 3 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's not about Rex being any type.  Rex is a damn good coach, there are many different ways to win.  we threw away rex and Tannenbaum and while I believe we have a good GM now we have an inept HC.  If rex is here we are playing meaningful games these next 3 weeks.

I love you brother, but you are absolutely delusional when it comes to Rex.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

LOL, yeah, because Rex seems like the type of coach the Rooney's would hire.....

LMAO......   The Ravens wouldn't hire him.  Rex is a decent DC, thats it.  His Bills gave up running yardage yesterday like there was no defense on the field.

The raiders scored on the great Rex D at will second half week before.

REX is a well below 500 coach his entire life. Its that simple.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't agree with firing a coach after 2 seasons. Rex hasn't done a good job in Buffalo, but he hasn't done a bad job either. The team has just kinda been stagnant since he took over the 9-7 team Doug Marrone had built.

They went 8-8 last year and are on pace to be right around that again this year. To me, he hasn't done anything on the field to be fired. I guess there is a lot going on behind the scenes. I wonder if Rex wants more control over picking players or something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you were we'd have rex ryan and mark sanchez as our franchise an be as bad if not worse than we are.  Your evaluation of these two are awful but worse yet is your reasons and arguments for being all in with them.  Zero logic whatsoever.  Now this wouldn't be so ridiculous a as everyone has their favorites in this world but you constantly use one metirc to base an argument on and then ignore it or use the same metric in the exact opposite way when talking about another player or coach,

In short I would be over joyed if you ran the Phins, Bills or Pats.

if we had rex and mark this year and last year we would have had SB chances.  we have been running them like you would and have been a laughingstock b/c of it.

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I love you brother, but you are absolutely delusional when it comes to Rex.

he's a good coach, just needs talent like any coach.  his teams have overachieved in all but 2-3 seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

are they overachieving or not?

if I was we'd have SBs, we'd be run more like Pitt and less like the Browns.

Maybe you didn't understand the comment that Rex is creating friction and chaos inside the organization. This may be difficult to believe, but organizations are not "one man shows" that go off on their own tangents and agendas. That is what Rex likes to do, and it creates divisiveness and stagnation.

Overachieving? That is not something that can be quantified logically. Coming to the Bills, Rex was given a charge of making the playoffs. It is one that he stated himself. He will be 0-2 in that, after this season. So in that respect, he is not achieving his own stated goal.

As I said earlier in this thread, Rex will be one of only 4 coaches that will not make the playoffs in 6 consecutive seasons, since the NFL merged.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Maybe you didn't understand the comment that Rex is creating friction and chaos inside the organization. This may be difficult to believe, but organizations are not "one man shows" that go off on their own tangents and agendas. That is what Rex likes to do, and it creates divisiveness and stagnation.

Overachieving? That is not something that can be quantified logically. Coming to the Bills, Rex was given a charge of making the playoffs. It is one that he stated himself. He will be 0-2 in that, after this season. So in that respect, he is not achieving his own stated goal.

As I said earlier in this thread, Rex will be one of only 4 coaches that will not make the playoffs in 6 consecutive seasons, since the NFL merged.

friction happens, does he make the team better or not? 

they have overachieved by a wide margin based on the healthy talent he has to work with.  If his team was mostly healthy they'd be a playoff team but they have been injury ravaged and had a bunch of suspensions as well.

Rex has a better HC resume than BB does w/o Brady.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

friction happens, does he make the team better or not? 

they have overachieved by a wide margin based on the healthy talent he has to work with.  If his team was mostly healthy they'd be a playoff team but they have been injury ravaged and had a bunch of suspensions as well.

Rex has a better HC resume than BB does w/o Brady.

We will agree to disagree

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he's a good coach, just needs talent like any coach.  his teams have overachieved in all but 2-3 seasons.

Not sure why I am engaging in this, but OK, I will bite. What does Rex do well that makes him a good coach? He is a pretty good, not great defensive mind, he has proven to be absolutely awful at picking and managing his staff, which is huge, he can occasionally come up with a great game plan, and he occasionally can get his team up for a big game. For every big game he gets his teams up for, he also will completely blow games against lesser or equal teams. He has lost the locker room on multiple occasions. I just don't see how he is a net positive in anyway. He had a few great playoff games with the Jets, he also had a few total stinker playoff games with the Jets when it mattered most. In no way in hell do I want him setting the direction of the team, because he wants to win like the 85 Bears which you just can't do anymore. I just don't see what makes him good. Even if you take away his clown show, he is a poor mans Jeff Fisher.

He is a below average coach, and is likely to be fired for his 2nd team in 3 years, of which it was a 9-7 team he took over, and he promised playoffs and slammed the prior coaching staff, only to see his results decrease. The Bills had every bit as easy of a schedule as we did last year, and he could not make the playoffs or even match the same record as his predecessor. 

Every team has injuries. Have you seen the OL we are trotting out right now?

Rex and Bowles are about equal as coaches, neither is very good. Perhaps Bowles can grow as a coach and learn, I doubt it, but its possible. Rex is finishing his 8th year as a HC, he is what he is at this point.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

Not sure why I am engaging in this, but OK, I will bite. What does Rex do well that makes him a good coach? He is a pretty good, not great defensive mind, he has proven to be absolutely awful at picking and managing his staff, which is huge, he can occasionally come up with a great game plan, and he occasionally can get his team up for a big game. For every big game he gets his teams up for, he also will completely blow games against lesser or equal teams. He has lost the locker room on multiple occasions. I just don't see how he is a net positive in anyway. He had a few great playoff games with the Jets, he also had a few total stinker playoff games with the Jets when it mattered most. In no way in hell do I want him setting the direction of the team, because he wants to win like the 85 Bears which you just can't do anymore. I just don't see what makes him good. Even if you take away his clown show, he is a poor mans Jeff Fisher.

He is a below average coach, and is likely to be fired for his 2nd team in 3 years, of which it was a 9-7 team he took over, and he promised playoffs and slammed the prior coaching staff, only to see his results decrease. The Bills had every bit as easy of a schedule as we did last year, and he could not make the playoffs or even match the same record as his predecessor. 

Every team has injuries. Have you seen the OL we are trotting out right now?

Rex and Bowles are about equal as coaches, neither is very good. Perhaps Bowles can grow as a coach and learn, I doubt it, but its possible. Rex is finishing his 8th year as a HC, he is what he is at this point.

At some point, you are what your record says you are. 

With Rex, through 8 seasons, that is a sub .500 coach. Someone can make as many excuses as they want for him, but that is all they are, excuses. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

At some point, you are what your record says you are. 

With Rex, through 8 seasons, that is a sub .500 coach. Someone can make as many excuses as they want for him, but that is all they are, excuses. 

To make matters even worse, he is a sub .500 coach who took over two 9-7 teams! Most coaches come in to 4-12 or worse type teams. 09 and 10 were fun, he did some very good things, but his next 6 years have proven to be nothing short of bad any way you measure coaching.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

 

 


Reported

 

 

Grow up.

Not only report people for words after instigating the whole thing but then tell them they've been reported?  

How old are you?  Some millennial baby talk, move on you're too soft.

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

friction happens, does he make the team better or not? 

they have overachieved by a wide margin based on the healthy talent he has to work with.  If his team was mostly healthy they'd be a playoff team but they have been injury ravaged and had a bunch of suspensions as well.

Rex has a better HC resume than BB does w/o Brady.

I think Bills management has overrated their talent. And in this case Rex doesn't deserve to be fired. It looked for a while like he was getting something out of this team. Unless there is dissension behind the scenes and he can't get this group of players to perform. There were inklings of that last year in Buff, too. Same goes for Bowles or any coach. If you've lost the locker room you do deserve to be fired. As for comparing Rex to BB he couldn't hold Belichick's jock strap. Even he will tell; you that. Saying BB would be nothing without Brady is assuming NEP would not have been a successful franchise without TB. Even when in Cleveland when BB was a beginner as a head coach he worked with and developed some of the top people in football including Nick Saban. Your analysis is short sighted. You're going only by W-L record and assuming that he wouldn't have won with another QB. I think he definitely would have. But we don't know that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

We will agree to disagree

we are allowed to.

25 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Not sure why I am engaging in this, but OK, I will bite. What does Rex do well that makes him a good coach? He is a pretty good, not great defensive mind, he has proven to be absolutely awful at picking and managing his staff, which is huge, he can occasionally come up with a great game plan, and he occasionally can get his team up for a big game. For every big game he gets his teams up for, he also will completely blow games against lesser or equal teams. He has lost the locker room on multiple occasions. I just don't see how he is a net positive in anyway. He had a few great playoff games with the Jets, he also had a few total stinker playoff games with the Jets when it mattered most. In no way in hell do I want him setting the direction of the team, because he wants to win like the 85 Bears which you just can't do anymore. I just don't see what makes him good. Even if you take away his clown show, he is a poor mans Jeff Fisher.

He is a below average coach, and is likely to be fired for his 2nd team in 3 years, of which it was a 9-7 team he took over, and he promised playoffs and slammed the prior coaching staff, only to see his results decrease. The Bills had every bit as easy of a schedule as we did last year, and he could not make the playoffs or even match the same record as his predecessor. 

Every team has injuries. Have you seen the OL we are trotting out right now?

Rex and Bowles are about equal as coaches, neither is very good. Perhaps Bowles can grow as a coach and learn, I doubt it, but its possible. Rex is finishing his 8th year as a HC, he is what he is at this point.

he gets the most out of his players and is a great defensive mind.

he is a top 10 coach.

 

in all but 2-3 seasons his teams have overachieved based on healthy talent.

 

Bowles isn't half the coach Rex is.

22 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

At some point, you are what your record says you are. 

With Rex, through 8 seasons, that is a sub .500 coach. Someone can make as many excuses as they want for him, but that is all they are, excuses. 

he only has 2 losing seasons- 1 when our main weapons on O were Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates while we lost revis for the year and the other when his Gm sabotaged him.

 

 

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

LOLWUT

it's not close.

 

BB w/o Brady(7+ seasons):

54-63, 46%

1 playoff app

1 playoff win

zero div rd wins

zero conf titles

zero SBs

1-1 career PO record

zero road playoff wins

 

Rex:

60-65, 48%

2 PO apps

4 PO wins

2 div rd wins

zero conf titles

zero SBs

4-2 career PO record

4 road playoff wins

 

oh and head to head w/ sanchez he led his huge underdog Jets into Foxboro against BB w/ the greatest QB of all time and beat them handily.

 

Besides Brady BB has coached 4 Qbs that have reached the POs w/ other teams, he has only made the POs w/ one of them.

Rex has coached one QB that made the playoffs w/ another team and he was a backup for us.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

At some point, you are what your record says you are. 

With Rex, through 8 seasons, that is a sub .500 coach. Someone can make as many excuses as they want for him, but that is all they are, excuses

You know... a generation growing up with 8th place trophies has to have a reason they didn't win. REX is a below 500 coach with 8 years under his belt.

Never mentored or developed an offensive player let alone put in place an environment for them to succeed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I saw a moronic, sarcastic attack.  I saw a dumb reference to every bad QB we've put on the field. 

All goes hand in hand.  Lighten up, read, reply like a fan not a twat and you won't get attacked. 

Someone was sarcastic on the internet?

No. Way.

I like that you think sarcasm gives you license to personally attack people. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...