Rex to be fired as soon as Monday: Report

Maxman

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

developing other coaches and execs is great but he wasn't winning w/o Brady and would be a DC somewhere today if not for Brady.  Rex has been a better HC than BB was pre Brady and it's not really close.

he had Kosar who led Cle to 3 title games and couldn't get to POs w/ him

he had Vinny who would lead us to title game and made 1 PO w/ him

he had Bledsoe who helped NE reach a SUPER BOWL and went 5-13 w/ him

no Brady and BB is a DC somewhere today. It's as simple as that.

Again you're selectively choosing facts to boost your case and making a lot of assumptions. To say that BB would be a DC without Brady is not rational. Brady came together with a lot of other talent at the same time for a coach who didn't become great overnight. He developed into being great, Cleveland was a stepping stone. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You didn't call him a girl. You called him a twat.

Girls aren't twats. 

?How old are we?" is the operative question here... how old are you? In that when someone is sarcastically dismissive of your internet rantings and ravings, you call them a twat and flip your lid completely? And that is only today's example. I've had interactions with you where you go far beyond one name.

I hate to break it to you, but the measure of maturity is now how quickly one's blood pressure goes up and insults and shouting matches ensue. Quite the opposite really. 

Peace be with you.

I called him a girl.

You cant move on and youre going to lecture me over whos flipped their lid?  Have a need to keep insisting that I called him a twat because I said dont act like one?  Then tell me what the measure of maturity is?  My blood pressure is fine, not angry at all.  I'm not calling mods or looking to report anyone.  No matter how many times you attack me and my maturity level.  Here I'm thinking when someone says PM me, thats calm and cool, not devolution or argumentative. Or says move on to another topic, enough is enough already its also not someone being argumentative.  But you just cant stop yourself from stoking the fire to what end?   You're the last person to talk.  This was over long ago, then you came along

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Again you're selectively choosing facts to boost your case and making a lot of assumptions. To say that BB would be a DC without Brady is not rational. Brady came together with a lot of other talent at the same time for a coach who didn't become great overnight. He developed into being great, Cleveland was a stepping stone. 

it's very rational, you are looking at BB as he is today.  when looking at it today it may seem irrational but you have to bring yourself back to the early 2000s.  he had already been a big time failure in Cleveland, he got a 2nd chance w/ NE and led them to a 5-11 record in 2000.  going into the 2001 season he was rated as the worst HC in the NFL by a prominent writer, Pats fans were disgusted w/ him and there were already rumblings about his job security.  

In 2001 w/ all those rumblings coming into the year how did he start? Against the old Bungles who were the worst franchise in the sport he led them to a loss week 1.  Week 2 they lost to us scoring only 3 pts, we injured Bledsoe and Brady became the starter.  From that point on they went 11-3 to finish the season and all of a sudden he was a genius.  The reality is if Bledsoe doesn’t get hurt they don’t go on that run and miss the playoffs again and the heat is turned up even higher.  Who knows what happens after that? But the reality was he was not thought of highly as a HC until Brady came in and they started winning.

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's very rational, you are looking at BB as he is today.  when looking at it today it may seem irrational but you have to bring yourself back to the early 2000s.  he had already been a big time failure in Cleveland, he got a 2nd chance w/ NE and led them to a 5-11 record in 2000.  going into the 2001 season he was rated as the worst HC in the NFL by a prominent writer, Pats fans were disgusted w/ him and there were already rumblings about his job security.  

In 2001 w/ all those rumblings coming into the year how did he start? Against the old Bungles who were the worst franchise in the sport he led them to a loss week 1.  Week 2 they lost to us scoring only 3 pts, we injured Bledsoe and Brady became the starter.  From that point on they went 11-3 to finish the season and all of a sudden he was a genius.  The reality is if Bledsoe doesn’t get hurt they don’t go on that run and miss the playoffs again and the heat is turned up even higher.  Who knows what happens after that? But the reality was he was not thought of highly as a HC until Brady came in and they started winning.

Because it is irrational.  We all know his early struggles but you arent paying attention to the game if you try and pawn off all of BBs success on Tom Brady.  He has had him as his QB, through his success but theres no proof he wouldnt have ultimately become successful without Brady or that Brady would become Brady without BB.  The Pats with Bledsoe werent the same as the Pats with Brady.  Brady was far from the reason the first SB team won.  He was hardly the Brady we now know as he best every candidate. 

But you want us to ignore what BB has accomplished in NE, to put more into what he was in Cleveland.  Where he was force fed the local hero QB on his way out, handed the reigns to Vinny, made him into the Vinny we got and made the playoffs.  Then blame him from coaching a lame duck team waiting to run out of town in the cover of darkness?

And better yet, want us to ignore Rex's last 6 seasons.  Want to call this years Bills team overachievers?  On what level?  He took over a 9-7 team and underachieved to 8-8.  A top 10 sack team to bottom of the league?  The 3rd best D and turned them to bottom 3?  He is what he is, a mediocre or less than mediocre record says so

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I called him a girl.

You cant move on and youre going to lecture me over whos flipped their lid?  Have a need to keep insisting that I called him a twat because I said dont act like one?  Then tell me what the measure of maturity is?  My blood pressure is fine, not angry at all.  I'm not calling mods or looking to report anyone.  No matter how many times you attack me and my maturity level.  Here I'm thinking when someone says PM me, thats calm and cool, not devolution or argumentative. Or says move on to another topic, enough is enough already its also not someone being argumentative.  But you just cant stop yourself from stoking the fire to what end?   You're the last person to talk.  This was over long ago, then you came along

Oh, okay.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because it is irrational.  We all know his early struggles but you arent paying attention to the game if you try and pawn off all of BBs success on Tom Brady.  He has had him as his QB, through his success but theres no proof he wouldnt have ultimately become successful without Brady or that Brady would become Brady without BB.  The Pats with Bledsoe werent the same as the Pats with Brady.  Brady was far from the reason the first SB team won.  He was hardly the Brady we now know as he best every candidate. 

But you want us to ignore what BB has accomplished in NE, to put more into what he was in Cleveland.  Where he was force fed the local hero QB on his way out, handed the reigns to Vinny, made him into the Vinny we got and made the playoffs.  Then blame him from coaching a lame duck team waiting to run out of town in the cover of darkness?

And better yet, want us to ignore Rex's last 6 seasons.  Want to call this years Bills team overachievers?  On what level?  He took over a 9-7 team and underachieved to 8-8.  A top 10 sack team to bottom of the league?  The 3rd best D and turned them to bottom 3?  He is what he is, a mediocre or less than mediocre record says so

I don’t give him credit for all his success but w/o Brady he doesn’t have a chance to develop into a great HC which is what he is now.  When you fail the way he did in Cleveland you don’t get a long leash on your next job.

He gave Bledsoe a $100 mil extension following the 2000 season where they were 5-11.  Brady wasn’t 2016 Brady but he was THE difference in that team, he made plays to win games on a consistent basis.  he changed the feeling around that locker room and they caught fire.

He made Vinny into the Vinny we got? Vinny threw 16 Tds and 18 INts the year he led them to BB’s lone playoff app. That’s not the Vinny we had.

The team was floundering long before the announcement of the move, that put the final nail in the coffin(though shouldn’t he have been able to rally the team?) but that team was struggling mightily before the announcement.

He took over a 9-7 team that were fake playoff contenders, they upset GB and were in great shape then lost to a terrible raider team and were done.  Rex had a 1st year QB and lost him for 3 games, lost Watkins, McCoy wasn’t healthy, etc… if those guys were healthy they make the playoffs last year.  This year they lost a ton more guys to injuries and suspensions and he kept them in the race.

Rex has been better the pre Brady BB and it’s not really that close.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don’t give him credit for all his success but w/o Brady he doesn’t have a chance to develop into a great HC which is what he is now.  When you fail the way he did in Cleveland you don’t get a long leash on your next job.

He gave Bledsoe a $100 mil extension following the 2000 season where they were 5-11.  Brady wasn’t 2016 Brady but he was THE difference in that team, he made plays to win games on a consistent basis.  he changed the feeling around that locker room and they caught fire.

He made Vinny into the Vinny we got? Vinny threw 16 Tds and 18 INts the year he led them to BB’s lone playoff app. That’s not the Vinny we had.

The team was floundering long before the announcement of the move, that put the final nail in the coffin(though shouldn’t he have been able to rally the team?) but that team was struggling mightily before the announcement.

He took over a 9-7 team that were fake playoff contenders, they upset GB and were in great shape then lost to a terrible raider team and were done.  Rex had a 1st year QB and lost him for 3 games, lost Watkins, McCoy wasn’t healthy, etc… if those guys were healthy they make the playoffs last year.  This year they lost a ton more guys to injuries and suspensions and he kept them in the race.

Rex has been better the pre Brady BB and it’s not really that close.

One will make the HOF and one won't.

Care to venture which is which?

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Rex had opportunities to choose his qb's also.

BTW, it is Rex who barely gets in the HOF even with the admission cost.

Rex isn't BB obviously but he's been a better HC than pre Brady BB.

BB loved Brady so much he gave Bledsoe a $100 mil extension after the 2000 season. what an eye for talent.

This was posted a few years back, not sure if it was this site. I didnt write it but I sent it to a friend.

It really is amazing watching the Jets - whatever Rex has, it allows the team to often far supercede its general talent level - the offense looked better than it had in years yesterday in the 1st half. But what Rex gives with one hand he taketh away with the other through a thickheaded, antiquated idea of what a headcoach is supposed to do in this era.

Yes, the guy has a very very good idea of what college talent fits in the NFL and, more importantly, to his scheme.

But the mundane issues that plague this team every season cannot be blamed on bad luck or curses or whatever else - Rex does not pay enough attention to detail - it really is as simple as that.

Maybe he needs to employ one guy just to stand beside him and count how many defenders he has on every snap - I feel that might be shrewd investment.

The game is simply too big for Rex in its entirety - he is often overwhelmed by the speed at which it moves - making poor judgement calls when he feels harrassed - wasted timeouts, ill-judged challenges etc.

Rex could be great if he just stuck to being a DC - a lot of teams would let him buy the groceries and fix the meal. With no bothersome offense or special teams to worry about he would be fantastic.

As it is, Rex is just throwback to a generation of HC that coped just fine when the game was a lot slower and a lot less complicated.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Here's the greatest part Rex and Rob both get canned Rex has a house in Buffalo and a pickup truck with Bills emblems all over it where will he go I know he's got money and all but driving around in that truck will be hilarious. 

Image result for rex ryan bills pickup

It's a wrap.  That sh*t peels right off.  Like pulling off a band-aid.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Here's the greatest part Rex and Rob both get canned Rex has a house in Buffalo and a pickup truck with Bills emblems all over it where will he go I know he's got money and all but driving around in that truck will be hilarious. 

Actually I am thinking that the real estate available on his wife to accept new tattoos must be getting very limited at this point.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's a wrap.  That sh*t peels right off.  Like pulling off a band-aid.

He said he got that bad boy custom painted like that? He got a wrap? He must have known he was going to sh*t the bed quickly and need to pull that off sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Ok we've been over this before. You're saying that it was only after he got Brady that the team was great. And the year he was out they didn't make the playoffs. Actually they did pretty well that year Brady had a lot to do with it but there were other great players without whom they wouldn't have won those rings. BB put together great teams running a great system. I'll take BB over Brady not on the field but in terms of overall importance to the team. It's a debate and I accept all of your analysis except one: that BB would be a DC if not for Brady. And I'll say it again. If Brady were drafted by the Lions he wouldn't be HOF. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Ok we've been over this before. You're saying that it was only after he got Brady that the team was great. And the year he was out they didn't make the playoffs. Actually they did pretty well that year Brady had a lot to do with it but there were other great players without whom they wouldn't have won those rings. He put together great teams running a great system. I'll take BB over Brady not on the field but in terms of overall importance to the team. It's a debate and I accept all of your analysis except one: that BB would be a DC if not for Brady. And I'll say it again. If Brady were drafted by the Lions he wouldn't be HOF. 

2008 is a different time.  He was a great coach by then, he wasn’t when Brady took over.  Brady allowed him to grow into become a great coach.

They were 5-13 in NE pre Brady then magically went 14-3 w/ a SB the rest of that season.  That wasn’t an accident and doesn’t happen w/o  Brady.

He puts together good teams made great by having Brady.

If Brady was drafted by the Lions who knows if they win a SB but I guarantee you they wouldn’t be the Lions as we know them- maybe BB would be their DC?

We have no idea what Brady is like outside of BB, we do know what BB has been like away from Brady and it’s not pretty.  Even 2008 when people praise him he won 10 games w/ Cassell and missed the playoffs w/ an incredibly weak schedule.  2 years later Cassell led KC to a div title.