Rex to be fired as soon as Monday: Report

Maxman

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, AFJF said:

You know who should be most concerned about this?  No Jets fan ever.  He's gone.  He won four road playoff games here..hope you enjoyed them because he's gone.

J-E-T;S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Not true. We should want the Jets to be right in firing Rex. It means we moved on from a guy that won't get it done in this league because he refused to grow as a coach and change. This is good news.

7 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I was surprised by this stat- If Ryan does not make the playoffs this year, he will be only the 4th coach in the NFL since the 1970 merger, that will not have made a playoff appearance in a 6 straight year span

The league definitely caught up to him. He didn't adapt. It is a shame. He would have been better off taking a year or two off before getting his next Head Coaching job.

Instead he gets to enjoy retirement early. I guess he is lucky.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not true. We should want the Jets to be right in firing Rex. It means we moved on from a guy that won't get it done in this league because he refused to grow as a coach and change. This is good news.

I think that's already been proven.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The league definitely caught up to him. He didn't adapt. It is a shame. He would have been better off taking a year or two off before getting his next Head Coaching job.

Instead he gets to enjoy retirement early. I guess he is lucky.

He might have been better off as a coach taking a year or two off, but financially, this was certainly the right move. I will be interested what he does next, but not the kind of interested that will be posting pages of ridiculousness about it around here.   

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

He might have been better off as a coach taking a year or two off, but financially, this was certainly the right move. I will be interested what he does next, but not the kind of interested that will be posting pages of ridiculousness about it around here.   

These guys have so much money... I bet REX had $10 mil in the bank when he left the Jets.  I find it hard to think money motivates them as much as ego.

Just now, Maxman said:

Don't make me start bumping all 912 Geno Smith threads you started this offseason lol.

What does Rex being terrible have to do with Geno being terrible?  In a couple of months, they'll both be former Jets...only difference is, one of them provided some games that die hard Jets fans will never forget....for the right reasons.

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I agree, he couldn't pass this money up. Life changing. Just knew it wouldn't work out for him. I think a few years away (even one) would have done him better. He had potential.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

What does Rex being terrible have to do with Geno being terrible?  In a couple of months, they'll both be former Jets...only difference is, one of them provided some games that die hard Jets fans will never forget....for the right reasons.

Maybe I misunderstood your point. But it seemed to me like you were saying there was nothing to discuss here with Rex Ryan.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

These guys have so much money... I bet REX had $10 mil in the bank when he left the Jets.  I find it hard to think money motivates them as much as ego.

Ego is certainly part of it, but I can't imagine $10M or $100M they ever think it is enough.  

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

To everyone involved in the big therapy session\fight\whatever we want to call it on pages 7 though 9. Please walk away.

Rex sucks. That is the point at hand here! Be happy.

I don't think I joined until page 9.  Should I stick around?

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Rex will be fine.  ESPN probably hires him to resurrect MNF next year and its crappy ratings

Just now, Maxman said:

Maybe I misunderstood your point. But it seemed to me like you were saying there was nothing to discuss here with Rex Ryan.

Is there?  He's gone and about to be unemployed.  By my own admission, I am guilty sometimes of being too wrapped up in what the Jets are up to instead of division rivals who are also playing out the string in a lost season.  

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Is there?  He's gone and about to be unemployed.  By my own admission, I am guilty sometimes of being too wrapped up in what the Jets are up to instead of division rivals who are also playing out the string in a lost season.  

Yes Glenn there is plenty to discuss here. It has a huge impact on the future of the Bills, which impacts the Jets directly and indirectly.

And more than that, Rex Ryan sucks. So it is fun to discuss. A lot of people said that the Jets would regret firing him. That didn't happen, so it is fun, in an otherwise terrible season to rejoice over one of the few things the Jets got right!

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Rex will be fine.  ESPN probably hires him to resurrect MNF next year and its crappy ratings

Oh he is going to be fun to watch on TV. That will be a lot of fun, can't wait honestly. I really think he has a great personality. Just don't want him coaching my team.

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ego is certainly part of it, but I can't imagine $10M or $100M they ever think it is enough.  

I don't think I joined until page 9.  Should I stick around?

Page 8 might have been the cliff. All downhill from there. Picked up a new word for the word censor though lol.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Yes Glenn there is plenty to discuss here. It has a huge impact on the future of the Bills, which impacts the Jets directly and indirectly.

And more than that, Rex Ryan sucks. So it is fun to discuss. A lot of people said that the Jets would regret firing him. That didn't happen, so it is fun, in an otherwise terrible season to rejoice over one of the few things the Jets got right!

Right, because that's what people are talking about here...the Bills.  LOL

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Right, because that's what people are talking about here...the Bills.  LOL

Dude you started a Harbaugh to the Rams thread today. And you are complaining about my Rex getting fired thread? I must be missing something.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bollockwanker?

Close. This word begins with a T.

And the last upgrade ironically brought back the coveted word censor we were missing. Thought of you when I read the release notes haha.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Close. This word begins with a T.

And the last upgrade ironically brought back the coveted word censor we were missing. Thought of you when I read the release notes haha.

Technocratic Oligarch?

Yeah, sorry about that whole word filter thingy......

Just now, Maxman said:

Dude you started a Harbaugh to the Rams thread today. And you are complaining about my Rex getting fired thread? I must be missing something.

If there is any chance of Harbaugh leaving Michigan, the Jets should be picking up the phone to hire him.  So if the Rams are a possibility, why shouldn't the Jets be a possibility?

I thought that would be something meaningful for Jets fans to discuss.  

Turns out I was wrong, and we should rehash Rex again.   

On 12/11/2016 at 0:08 PM, Maxman said:

On CBS just now. They have enough.

Rumor is Tyrod Taylor is about to be benched. People are pushing for Jones to get the starting job.

Rex will be fired at the end of the season. But if they get blow out today, it could happen as soon as Monday.

The latest news is that Tyrod will start and Rex is still with us.  If we go 9-7 or win our last 3 games,   Rex will be with us next year.  

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If there is any chance of Harbaugh leaving Michigan, the Jets should be picking up the phone to hire him.  So if the Rams are a possibility, why shouldn't the Jets be a possibility?

I thought that would be something meaningful for Jets fans to discuss.  

Turns out I was wrong, and we should rehash Rex again.   

Who said you were wrong? We discuss a lot of things here. There is no problem with any of these topics as far as I am concerned. 

This is a message board. One of the biggest in the NFL, plenty of room to discuss multiple things at once.

1 minute ago, jeaniec said:

The latest news is that Tyrod will start and Rex is still with us.  If we go 9-7 or win our last 3 games,   Rex will be with us next year.  

I think benching the QB would be a mistake. His TD production is low, but so are his INTs, that would be what you would want for a Rex QB (low INTs).

I hope the Jets beat the Bills on 1/1. So that would make the Bills 8 and 8 if the win the other games I think. But I do hope Rex is back in Buffalo next year. :)

Archived