BILAL

CobraVerde

2 minutes ago, CobraVerde said:

he's still got a lot. Be happy Rex didnt run him to the ground. 

Rex was replacing him every year as Bowles has tried to do in his 2 years with khiry and dude from NE last year .. 

ill never understand why that's the case. The one time Rex was force to play him a lot due to injury he was leading the league in rushing . 

11 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Jets wasted a lot of his career here. This guy is a very good back. He will certainly see more playing time the last few games.

i wouldn't go that far.  he has gotten a lot faster since he was a rookie.  early on he was nicked up a lot. some guys are just late bloomers.  he kind of casts some doubt on the whole matt forte thing though.

4 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Does cutting forte save us money?

No.  $5MM cap hit next year, accelerates to $6MM if we cut him.  He will be here one more year.  And hopefully that will end the parade of 30+ year old RBs being brought in at the end of their careers.

The underuse of Powell and the Tight end shows me that the HC and OC coaching was basically clueless.

But that being said, as long as Powell is getting paid, he should be ok with his use.  RBs wear like tires-the more miles, the less they last.  His use will extend his career.

Regardless of Forte's injury status, I would like to see Powell as our feature back over these last 3 games -- really want to see how he handles the load.  Yesterday was only his 3rd career game with over 20 carries and his first since the end of the 2013 season.  Can he get 80 carries over the last 4 games and still look as fresh in the last one as he did yesterday?

After 5 years here, he has earned the right to get that shot.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

No.  $5MM cap hit next year, accelerates to $6MM if we cut him.  He will be here one more year.  And hopefully that will end the parade of 30+ year old RBs being brought in at the end of their careers.

Kinda sucks. I like forte, but I'd  like to see much more of Powell.

how bout trading forte? Same cap hit? 

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

Kinda sucks. I like forte, but I'd  like to see much more of Powell.

how bout trading forte? Same cap hit? 

Not sure how a trade would impact the cap.  He is due $4MM guaranteed salary in 2017 plus $1MM of signing bonus is allocated to 2017 & 2018.  I assume if we trade him, the $2MM signing bonus will still hit our cap -- not sure if the $2MM would accelerate into 2017 or remain $1MM per year.    

Although I am not sure that anyone would be willing to trade for a 31 year old RB whose best years are behind him.  I think he is with us for 1 more year and then gone for 2018.

Archived