That was an atrocious "win" for the Jets

Jetsbb

17 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

So the worst of all possible outcomes happened. They played like crap for most of the game and still managed to "win" against an awful 1-11 49ers team. If you tell me draft position doesn't matter the Jets would have drafted Odell Beckam Jr instead of Pryor if they would have lost their last game against the Dolphins. (The jets would have picked ahead of the Giants and reports were they would have taken him)

Woulda.  Coulda.  Shoulda.

What will be will be, may as well enjoy it.

Best of luck rooting for your own team to lose the next few weeks, I am sure that'll be a BLAST!

9 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

We did something right? I saw  a lot more of SF doing wrong than we doing right. Couldn't stop the run, defense was pretty awful and Petty did not look like a legit starter. What did we do right beside "win"

Petty played better than last year's 1 pick in the 1st round. Goff. Id rather see Petty improve and get some W's under his belt than move up one or two spots in the draft.

6 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Petty played better than last year's 1 pick in the 1st round. Goff. Id rather see Petty improve and get some W's under his belt than move up one or two spots in the draft.

That's not saying much. Goff might end up being the worst ever QB taken one overall

13 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

The only thing "atrocious" are some of our draftniks with their Kiper guides and their 20 20 hindsight rooting for losses so they can tell us nonsense like we shudda, cudda, wudda drafted Vic Beasley over Williams despite Williams being universally rated the #1 player in that draft and our GM taking him at #6.

Because Beasley made one good play they saw on the Red Zone today after all!

We got some "atrocious" fans, for sure

You understand Beasley is being talked about as defensive player of the year.  The guy is a game changing monster.  Hes worth 10 leonard williamses.

a win is a win. the jets gutted it out and it showed that bowles hasn't lost the team.  they could have easily folded after down 14-0.  there were some bright parts in spite of their playing the 49ers.  they got some good pressure on kaepernick and of course powell had a great game.  petty was so-so.  no major mistakes after the first throw but he also took too many sacks half of which were his own fault for holding the ball too long.  he also threw too many times to anderson .  enunwa made the catch of the game and bailed petty out of an int.

as for the draft, there doesn't appear to be a can't miss qb prospect so dropping down a place or two doesn't mean much.

21 hours ago, shuler82 said:

maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see our young QB battle back and get a W than worry about whether we draft 4th or 7th next year in a draft without a top QB prospect.

Here here. What kind of fan wants his team to lose? How do you watch a game that way anyway?

I personally wanted them to lose this game. It would have been better for our draft stock projections. I wish Folk had missed that game tying field goal to send it to overtime.

I was displeased that it happened because instead of resulting in a top 5 pick their now at 6. This team does things to scratch your head like win when they are supposed to lose.

Lose the next 3 and I'll be happy.

6 minutes ago, WoodyPleaseSellTheJets said:

I personally wanted them to lose this game. It would have been better for our draft stock projections. I wish Folk had missed that game tying field goal to send it to overtime.

I was displeased that it happened because instead of resulting in a top 5 pick their now at 6. This team does things to scratch your head like win when they are supposed to lose.

Lose the next 3 and I'll be happy.

Yeah, can't miss out on that all pro QB who will be at 5, a what's his name again?

On 12/12/2016 at 8:15 AM, Barkus said:

Jets are pretty much locked in the 4-6 draft range no matter what they do. Cleveland jax and Chicago are pretty much locked into top 3. We may jump the rams the way they are playing. Goff looks atrocious. 

We need an outside pass rusher ... PLEASE .

Archived