Where Does Geno Smith End Up? Only Serious Posts Please

JetBlue

16 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Humor is subjective. I thought the thread premise was hilarious. Maybe a forum for collaborative public discussion isn't ideal, if you want to control the interpretation and participation at this level.

I guess you were alone in that supposition.  We have had plenty of threads about how Geno sucks etc.  I simply started a thread asking for serious response to the question of where he might wind up next season and the vast majority of posters have given their opinion on THAT particular question.   Don't see what is so funny about that but hey that's just me. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I guess you were alone in that supposition.  We have had plenty of threads about how Geno sucks etc.  I simply started a thread asking for serious response to the question of where he might wind up next season and the vast majority of posters have given their opinion on THAT particular question.   Don't see what is so funny about that but hey that's just me. 

Probably because I'm smarter than everyone else here. Regardless, I don't need group consensus to feel good about myself. So, I'm okay laughing alone.

22 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Geno needs a fresh start someplace else. The worst thing he could is resign here.

Depending on the QB market, Geno could end up with anything between a shot at a starting job, (if some team is down to bringing in two or three veteran FAs to win  the job, which sometimes occurs),  to getting no offers at all.   I don't think Geno can be choosy about where he will play.  If the Jets offer him a contract, I would advise him to take it.

With his knee surgery I don't see him being ready to compete for a starting job this coming year.  I think his best option is Tampa Bay.  With Glennon moving on this would give Tampa an experienced starter to backup Winston.  Tampa is a team on the rise and is going to want someone with starter experience to cover in case of injury.  This would put Geno back in Florida where he is comfortable.  I see it as a win win for both sides.

On 12/15/2016 at 8:46 PM, drdetroit said:

Cleveland already has RG3 and Kessler plus they are taking a Qb at #1

No one is overpaying for Geno he's getting the league vet minimum

Good point in the Cleveland thing, but it just seems like a natural fit.

I almost put him down for vet minimum, but if some team has an injury to their back up or no. 3 QB, he'll have enough leverage to ask for $1.5ish million.

18 hours ago, AFJF said:

Good point in the Cleveland thing, but it just seems like a natural fit.

I almost put him down for vet minimum, but if some team has an injury to their back up or no. 3 QB, he'll have enough leverage to ask for $1.5ish million.

Geno will end up with one of the Florida teams

On December 16, 2016 at 7:30 AM, Mike135 said:

Given recent history, if any team is willing to overpay for a QB, it'll be the Jets.

Considering we already have two young guys to develop and doesn't look like anyone worth taking in the draft, I think Geno ends up back here for around 3mil per.  

Still 4 times cheaper than Fitz and at least twice as good.

Given the dysfunction of this franchise and stupidity of the owner I would not be surprised if Geno was our starting Qb and Bowles the HC next season.

Archived