Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It's the ugliest stadium in major pro sports in the US and it's not close.  Look at what Minnesota just built and look at the crap we got stuck w/?

RESEG49333Berg-150707-0965.jpg

The only things a fan going to a game care about are tailgating in the parking lot and watching the game from a seat.

You seem to have a fixation on the outer facade of the stadium, like a big concrete bowl in the shape of a weird octagon with pretty stucco makes a difference to any player or fan.

It doesn't.  What matters is what takes place on the inside.

SAR I

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharing a stadium is not an issue.  Sharing a stadium that looks like a giant air conditioner is a huge issue.

I agree with SAR on a lot of this, but not the aesthetics issue.  It's an awful looking stadium and the fact that they paid over a $1 billion and didn't even put a roof to justify the cost is absurd.

Just now, SAR I said:

The only things a fan going to a game care about are tailgating in the parking lot and watching the game from a seat.

You seem to have a fixation on the outer facade of the stadium, like a big concrete bowl in the shape of a weird octagon with pretty stucco makes a difference to any player or fan.

SAR I

That stadium is beautiful inside and out nothing like our tin can.

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

Sharing a stadium is not an issue.  Sharing a stadium that looks like a giant air conditioner is a huge issue.

I agree with SAR on a lot of this, but not the aesthetics issue.  It's an awful looking stadium and the fact that they paid over a $1 billion and didn't even put a roof to justify the cost is absurd.

it was closer to $2 billion

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

SAR, the Viking's new stadium looks like a giant viking ship, which is cool!

Vikings-Stadium-Chicago-03-16-16.jpg

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the seat color is fine, they do a good job making the stadium feel Jet like on gameday.  I have no issue w/ that.  it's more the design, we got a tin can as a stadium.

super-bowl-2014-snow-plans-football.jpg

Again, no one cares about the exterior of the stadium.

MetLife looks like a skyscraper.  Quite appropriate.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SMC said:

SAR, the Viking's new stadium looks like a giant viking ship, which is cool!

Vikings-Stadium-Chicago-03-16-16.jpg

Oh my God!  Wow, I surely bet the players play better there and the fans cheer louder there because their stadium looks like Noah's Ark.

We suck!

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

super-bowl-2014-snow-plans-football.jpg

Again, no one cares about the exterior of the stadium.

MetLife looks like a skyscraper.  Quite appropriate.

SAR I

it looks nothing like a skyscraper, it looks like a sardine can.

it's not just how ugly it is on the exterior, there's nothing on the interior either.  it's just blah.

empty-sardine-can-white-background-30047

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh my God!  Wow, I surely bet the players play better there and the fans cheer louder there because their stadium looks like Noah's Ark.

We suck!

SAR I

well our players don't play better in the tin can.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

stadium.jpg

Reliant Stadium looks like a shopping mall.

SAR I

very nice

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1459448624_366847_1459450612_album_grand

Lucas Oil Stadium looks like an aircraft hangar at LaGuardia Airport.

SAR I

beautiful

This guy gets it. Will season ticket holders get a reduction in ticket prices for this game. 

nope.
I'm waiting to read all your very dramatic posts.
MV5BMTIzMDE0MDQ5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTUwMDUyMQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I bet your family wishes you were still squatting in your 13 dollar sideline seats at the Dump with HUGE blue GIANTS signs on it.

Getting you and your Verdi opera melodrama off your couch and out of the house on Sundays had to be a huge relief to all of them

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

stadium.jpg

Reliant Stadium looks like a shopping mall.

SAR I

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1459448624_366847_1459450612_album_grand

Lucas Oil Stadium looks like an aircraft hangar at LaGuardia Airport.

SAR I

Those are DOMES, which Metlife shouldve had

44 minutes ago, SMC said:

Not saying this is you, but it's really fascinating to me how many people who wear Jets gear that is old, tattered, ill-fitting, and stained with mustard, to places outside of the home that aren't a Jets game, are suddenly obsessively concerned about aesthetics and design.

Just now, gEYno said:

Not saying this is you, but it's really fascinating to me how many people who wear Jets gear that is old, tattered, ill-fitting, and stained with mustard, to places outside of the home that aren't a Jets game, are suddenly obsessively concerned about aesthetics and design.

That's an excellent question.

I'm mainly vexed about it not being a dome.  Tremendous waste of money and lost benefits by not having it a dome.

Just now, SMC said:

That's an excellent question.

I'm mainly vexed about it not being a dome.  Tremendous waste of money and lost benefits by not having it a dome.

That I agree with.  Should have had a roof.  But, I guess the argument is they're a northeast team and the elements are part of "home field advantage."

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

That I agree with.  Should have had a roof.  But, I guess the argument is they're a northeast team and the elements are part of "home field advantage."

I am pretty sure outdoors we have a losing record whether at Shea, GS, MetLife, the Polo Grounds.  That home field advantage has been crucial for us:lol:

Well this stupid annual thread of Much Ado About Nothing has had ONE positive result

Congratulations to the OP for his unanimous selection as JetNation.com OFFICIAL DRAMA QUEEN and to runner up nyjunc for his appointment as official assistant DQ.

Maybe the two of them will actually show up at Jet Life Stadium ONCE and help do something about the "lack of crowd noise" they have been whining about for pages and pages now

Archived