Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

6 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Well this stupid annual thread of Much Ado About Nothing has had ONE positive result

Congratulations to the OP for his unanimous selection as JetNation.com OFFICIAL DRAMA QUEEN and to runner up nyjunc for his appointment as official assistant DQ.

Maybe the two of them will actually show up at Jet Life Stadium ONCE and help do something about the "lack of crowd noise" they have been whining about for pages and pages now

I can guarantee you I have been to more Jet home games than you have.  please leave me alone, stop stalking me.  I am sure you are an old TGG poster just trying to harass me.  I probably humiliated you in old arguments and you hold a grudge but please move on.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Why is it when someone disagrees with another members opinion they get accused of whining?  

Is that the new word here everyone that disagrees with you or I dont like what they post they are whining?  

Disagreements are one thing. Whining is quite another. 

This thread is whining. 

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Disagreements are one thing. Whining is quite another. 

This thread is whining. 

where am I whining exactly? especially when I said I like the location, I like the way the stadium looks in green on gameday and I like that it's not red and blue.  my complaint is that the stadium is ugly, it's a valid point whether you like it or not.  it's the most bland design in major pro sports in this Country.  

Just now, nyjunc said:

where am I whining exactly? especially when I said I like the location, I like the way the stadium looks in green on gameday and I like that it's not red and blue.  my complaint is that the stadium is ugly, it's a valid point whether you like it or not.  it's the most bland design in major pro sports in this Country.  

seriously?

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why is it when someone disagrees with another members opinion they get accused of whining?  

Is that the new word here everyone that disagrees with you or I dont like what they post they are whining?  

Why is it when you disagree with another members opinion, you spam the sh*t out of the board with redundant, dumb sh*t?

33 minutes ago, SMC said:

Those are DOMES, which Metlife shouldve had

On the day that the San Diego Chargers come to MetLife Stadium for the AFC Championship Game and it's 14 degrees with a 30 mile per hour wind, you'll be quite glad we ain't got no dome.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It's not so much ugly as it is dull or boring architecturally.  Because it is lacking the identity of either team, the stadium just comes off as soulless and devoid of spirit.  To me, it resembles a corporate movie theater one might see in a shopping mall.  Functional but unimaginative.  Much like our offense.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

On the day that the San Diego Chargers come to MetLife Stadium for the AFC Championship Game and it's 14 degrees with a 30 mile per hour wind, you'll be quite glad we ain't got no dome.

SAR I

Sorry that's never going to happen....Chargers are moving to LA.

I can guarantee you I have been to more Jet home games than you have.  please leave me alone, stop stalking me.  I am sure you are an old TGG poster just trying to harass me.  I probably humiliated you in old arguments and you hold a grudge but please move on.

Paranoid much

I was at 2 Titans games at the Polo Grounds. I was at 6 Jet games at the PG in 1963.

I was at every Jet game at Shea from 1964-1967.

I missed 1967 and 1968 because of this Asian thing my Uncle Sam sent me to be in.

From 70 to 74 I had standing room and single game seats to every game.

From 74 thru this season I have been a STH at Shea, GS and MLS

Sorry to have to prove you wrong as usual about Jet home games.

Oh and BTW I don't even know wtf TGG is or was but if you were whining there, I'm glad I never heard of it.

37 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Not saying this is you, but it's really fascinating to me how many people who wear Jets gear that is old, tattered, ill-fitting, and stained with mustard, to places outside of the home that aren't a Jets game, are suddenly obsessively concerned about aesthetics and design.

LOL.  POTY.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

When I first saw Metlife Stadium in person, I immediately thought it looked just like the outside air condition unit I just replaced.

MetLifeStadium-Night_MED.jpg

The primary functional reason for the louvers was to change the color of the stadium from blue to green and back again with the flip of a switch.

So much was made about appeasing poor little Jets fans fragile feelings to give them a green stadium and now they want to bitch about it.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

And until that rarest of events actually occurs, how many Super Bowls, Final Fours, conventions, winter concerts and possibly Olympics will have been lost because Metlife doesn't have a dome?

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

if that day ever happens we'll be glad no matter where we play.

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It's not so much ugly as it is dull or boring architecturally.  Because it is lacking the identity of either team, the stadium just comes off as soulless and devoid of spirit.  To me, it resembles a corporate movie theater one might see in a shopping mall.  Functional but unimaginative.  Much like our offense.

ha.

4 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Paranoid much

I was at 2 Titans games at the Polo Grounds. I was at 6 Jet games at the PG in 1963.

I was at every Jet game at Shea from 1964-1967.

I missed 1967 and 1968 because of this Asian thing my Uncle Sam sent me to be in.

From 70 to 74 I had standing room and single game seats to every game.

From 74 thru this season I have been a STH at Shea, GS and MLS

Sorry to have to prove you wrong as usual about Jet home games.

Oh and BTW I don't even know wtf TGG is or was but if you were whining there, I'm glad I never heard of it.

I don't believe you.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

MetLifeStadium-Night_MED.jpg

The primary functional reason for the louvers was to change the color of the stadium from blue to green and back again with the flip of a switch.

So much was made about appeasing poor little Jets fans fragile feelings to give them a green stadium and now they want to bitch about it.

SAR I

and it looks crappy up close but better the further away you are.  it's like being drunk and seeing what you think is a good looking girl across the room.

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Tell me what would have made you happy.  It's a closed-end stadium, maximizing capacity for the largest metropolitan population in the world.  It's steel and symmetrical, it's smooth and sleek, it feels congruent with the skyscrapers that are a signature of the city the stadium represents.

Okay.  You don't like it.  What would you have it look like?  Be specific.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You wont see that Saturday night thats if you're even going. :D

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

BUT IT WON'T SAY "JETS" IN THE END ZONE FOR ONE GAME SO I'M GONNA SPEND THREE HOURS ON A THURSDAY AFTERNOON BITCHING AND MOANING ABOUT AND EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS AN IDIOT AND A sh*tTY FAN!!!

LULZ

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

BUT IT WON'T SAY "JETS" IN THE END ZONE FOR ONE GAME SO I'M GONNA SPEND THREE HOURS ON A THURSDAY AFTERNOON BITCHING AND MOANING ABOUT AND EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS AN IDIOT AND A sh*tTY FAN!!!

and you will spend 3 hours bitching and moaning about people you perceive to be bitching and moaning about this.

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

So if you buy a 30 pack of beer and get home and 3 beers are missing you are ok with it? Or you go the movies and the end portion of the screen is missing you are ok with this?  

Fans pay a price PSL holders a hefty price bad enough the team stinks now the stadium is not the way it should be on game day/night. 

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

MetLifeStadium-Night_MED_zpsx7oulu9j.jpg

It is architecturally neutral, but when decked out in full Jets or Giants livery it is the only color-coordinated stadium in the country.  Show me another stadium in the NFL that is blanched in the color of the team it represents.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So if you buy a 30 pack of beer and get home and 3 beers are missing you are ok with it? Or you go the movies and the end portion of the screen is missing you are ok with this?  

Fans pay a price PSL holders a hefty price bad enough the team stinks now the stadium is not the way it should be on game day/night. 

Neither of these are remotely accurate analogies. If the played without a defensive line it would match your first two examples. 

Not having the team name in the end zone is meaningless. 

Just now, SAR I said:

MetLifeStadium-Night_MED_zpsx7oulu9j.jpg

It is architecturally neutral, but when decked out in full Jets or Giants livery it is the only color-coordinated stadium in the country.  Show me another stadium in the NFL that is blanched in the color of the team it represents.

SAR I

SAR I lights are cheap interchangeable tarps 1 side Jets 1 side Giants. 

This stadium should have been a mecca better than what Dallas has. 

Archived