Bryce Petty...we hardly knew ye....

peebag

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Wesley Johnson has been surprisingly decent. I think they will be fine at that spot. LT is my biggest concern. Besides Clady (who has been on IR 3x in 3 years) they don't have an LT on the roster. 

LT is THE most important signing for next season.  Whether it be FA or trade, we need a starting LT.  Then the Jets better start getting the concept of constantly drafting OL and grooming guys.  The line has been virtually ignored since Mangold and Ferguson were drafted in the same year .

Looking back to D'Bricks interview with SI, I had the sense he was going to retire. I'm sure everyone in FO read the same article.  They should have hit this head on as soon as 15 season ended.  Even worse, they knew about it prior to the draft and still didn't draft anOT until Shell.

Lots of us on this board argued that a Clady wasn't enough going into the season with no depth what so ever.  And we're right.

The good: Ijalana and Qvale got experience.

The bad: Can either guy be a hold down the fort guy until we get legitimate starters?

And Shell was so bad in preseason he didn't warrant a roster spot.  Qvale got injured very late last week so Shell got very few snaps at RT.

Good luck to Petty this week.  We're gonna be in mass protect formation the whole game.

To be fair, I believe She'll was playing LT when Petty got smacked and injured in the preseason. He should be less responsible at RT because Petty should be able to see it coming. The real problem is that Ijalana isn't a good LT either. Probably going to see a lot more tight end usage in pass blocking to help those guys out. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Riiiight.  

Three career starts and didn't finish two of them.  He's actually more fragile than Penny.

Bryce Petty aka Mr Glass.

Ok. If you took a hit like that youd be dead. But your right. Glass ...

If the oline for payton, brady, or any other great qb let DE's run in free, they would be glass too

But whatever

(eye roll)

(David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports)
(David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports)

New York Jets quarterback Bryce Petty dislocated his left shoulder in Sunday's 41-3 loss to the New England Cheaters and will undergo an MRI on Sunday, according to reports.

Petty left early in the second quarter when he "felt something pop" in his non-throwing shoulder while making a tackle following a Khiry Robinson fumble.

Petty went did not complete any of his three pass attempts and threw one interception before Ryan Fitzpatrick took over. 

"It's tough," Petty told reporters after the game. "Obviously you want to be out there and you want to play. … It's a missed opportunity. Those don't come but few and far between."

Fitzpatrick went 8-for-21 passing for 136 yards and two interceptions. Christian Hackenberg, the Jets' second-round pick, was inactive.

Petty made his fourth start and sixth appearance this season, his second with the Jets after they drafted him in the fourth round last year. He completed 75 of 133 passes for 809 yards, three touchdowns and seven interceptions. New York won just one of his starts, a 23-17 overtime victory against the San Francisco 49ers.

Archived