#### New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

It is game day and what better way to kick off game day then with detailed information about the game, and all the promotional activities associated with the game.

Go Jets!!! Squish them Fish!!!

Happy holidays: The New York Jets will host a Winter Carnival during this week's game. Mountain Creek, a New Jersey ski resort, will have a display outside the MetLife Gate on the island that will include: home-made snow from the resort, a snowball toss, snow sculptures, a snow mountain for sledding, a snowboard instruction program for kids, a selfie station, raffles and more. The holiday lights, wreaths and decorations on the plaza are courtesy of Seasonal World.

toy drive: The New York Jets in conjunction with Jersey Cares and Clorox will hold a Toy Drive to benefit Jersey Cares' Frosty’s Friends program. Fans are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy that will be collected at all gates upon entering the stadium for children that do not normally receive gifts for the Holidays.

C:\Users\PHIL~1.DBT\AppData\Local\Temp\m

NATIONAL ANTHEM: The National Anthem will be performed by more than 60 students from P.S. 22 in Staten Island.

NFL NEtwork: The NFL Network will broadcast their pregame show live between the Pepsi and MetLife gates from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

PILOT and co-pilot OF THE GAME: Jets Legend, running back Adrian Murrell, will serve as the Pilot of the Game and power the Air Raid Siren before kickoff. Neil Buchholtz, a season-ticket holder since 1964 who redeemed this experience through Jets Rewards, will serve as the Co-Pilot of the game.

player intro tunnel: Fifty members of Jets Rewards will form the intro tunnel during player introductions.

Flight crew: The Jets Flight Crew will perform their Holiday Spectacular Halftime Show while wearing their Santa outfits.

metlife central: Make MetLife Central your fan destination on game day at MetLife Stadium and meet Jets Legend Mark Gastineau from 6:40 p.m. - 8:10 p.m.

jets experience: Inside the “Jets Experience,” find out how you size up against current Jets players, study up on your Jets history, and take fun photos with oversized J-E-T-S letters and the logo gloves sculpture. New for this season, fans can pose for pictures on a life-sized trading card backdrop and a life-sized Joe Namath Bobblehead. 

VERIZON: Fans attending the game can visit the Verizon Fan Zone for a chance to upgrade their seats, play the Verizon Game Time virtual reality experience, watch NFL Mobile, enjoy complimentary phone charging and more.

SAP: Listen live inside the SAP gate from 7:25 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. as SNY’s Jeané Coakley and Jets Legend Chad Pennington discuss the 2016 New York Jets.

TOYOTA: Be sure to check out the QB toss incorporated within the Toyota vehicles on display. Fans can also take part in the RAV4 Roll-a-Way or Sienna packing game to win a prize.

BuD Light: Enjoy $5 Bud Lights, music and meet the Jets Flight Crew and Jets Legend Adrian Murrell in the Bud Light Beer Garden between SAP and Bud Light gates.  

ESPN RADIO: ESPN NY 98.7 FM with Greg Buttle and Don La Greca will broadcast live from 6:25 p.m. - 8:10 p.m. on the MetLife Stage. Jets Legend Rocky Klever will join the broadcast at 6:55 p.m.

basf: One of the world’s leading chemical companies has partnered with the Jets for the “Team Chemistry” campaign. BASF will have a tent on the island showcasing what goes into making football equipment and educational tips on how to make a more sustainable gameday experience. The tent will also feature corn hole, giveaways and Season Ticket Holders can receive 250 Jets Rewards points for taking a survey.

kingsford charcoal: Kingsford Charcoal will choose a number of lucky grillers in the parking lot to test their charcoal against the Kingsford brand.

Virtual Reality Presented by Adorama: Beginning at 4:25 p.m. on the Island between the MetLife and Verizon gates, go inside the VR Lounge Experience to get closer to the field in a fun virtual reality experience with free popcorn and hot chocolate (while supplies last).

nrg: Fans can huddle up for pictures in the NRG/Jets locker room and charge their phones at the NRG solar charging station. Jets Flight Crew will be signing autographs and taking photos from 7:00 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.

nJ LOtto: NJ Lotto will be on the Inner Loop Roadway with giveaways and Jets Legend Bruce Harper from 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

JETS CASH: With help from Bud Light, the Jets are testing Bud Light Speed Serve – Check out the speed serve locations in MetLife Central, Toyota and Chase Clubs, and Sections 106, 118, 133 and 144. Note: accepted exclusively at speed serve locations. All normal and customary alcohol procedures remain in place.

MERCHANDISE/FOOD & BEVERAGE: The Corned Beef or Pastrami Sandwich will be $12, (normally $14) and all holiday items (Santa hats, stockings, ornaments, ugly Christmas sweaters, etc.) will be 15% off.

CLEAR BAGS: Fans are permitted to bring inside the stadium one clear plastic bag that does not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” as well as one small clutch bag, approximately 4.5” x 6.5” (size of a hand). Purses, handbags, seat cushions, camera and binocular cases are not permitted.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to give the Fins another losss and hurt their playoff chances , but I don't see how that happens. They are getting 3 defensive starters back and their online is healthy. We are short 3 OL and have a young QB back there. This game could get ugly.

I have multiple delusional Fin fan co workers willing to bet into the thousands with me that we get crushed by the Fins, as we usually bet small amounts on games. This one idiot is willing to bet 5k, his car is barley worth that. It's painfully annoying hearing how they will win out this year and the only possible bump in the road is the Pats, who they think they can beat in Miami. Then Tannehill will come to the rescue in the playoffs and win some games. This is our year, it's destiny. This is what They believe down here. Dolphins fans have to be the most delusional fans in the country.

I hate this stupid team. I hate that I waste three hours a week watching them, I hate that I go to work hungover and miserable every Monday, I hate that for the fifth season out of the last six, I have to cheer them on with the knowledge that a loss would probably be better for the long-term future of the franchise.

That said, that level of hate is a billionth of a billionth of a billionth of the hate I feel for the ******* Dolphins, who are a trash franchise from a trash city with trash fans. 

Jets 63

Fins 0

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I hate this stupid team. I hate that I waste three hours a week watching them, I hate that I go to work hungover and miserable every Monday, I hate that for the fifth season out of the last six, I have to cheer them on with the knowledge that a loss would probably be better for the long-term future of the franchise.

That said, that level of hate is a billionth of a billionth of a billionth of the hate I feel for the ******* Dolphins, who are a trash franchise from a trash city with trash fans. 

Jets 63

Fins 0

At least you dont have to go to work tomorrow.

Another good opportunity to evaluate Petty and our younger players, and their place on this team in the future.

A win would be nice (if only to cause rustled jimmies of the "WE MUST LOSE FOR DRAFT!" fans) because it's the hated Phins, and a loss would badly hurt their chances at the post-season.

I hope & pray Petty turns out to be our future franchise QB. It's been way too long & so many other teams are finding their guys. Seattle with Watson, Oakland with Carr. Places like Tennessee & Tampa Bay have franchise QBs & in the biggest stage of New York we have NOTHING! As much as we've sucked now since 2011, it's good for the NFL when the Jets are relavent.

2009 & 2010 were really fun, the Jets were fun! Running people into the turf, the win in Gillette was not only celebrated by Jet fans, but by every Patriot hater in this country. The CAN'T WAIT! Sal Pal interview. 

Good times. That Jet fan showing up to the playoff games in the big sombrero as a nod to Sanchez. Petty has a personality that can play well in NY. That, let's have some fun side. I know his idol is Brett Favre but I'm hoping he has some Terry Bradshaw in him. Get some beef in front of him & let's let him rip it to these WRs & stretch the field farther than we did Vinny T.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Jets 63

Fins 0

I find this sort of positivity unbecoming, sir.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Jets 63

Fins 0

Yup to this

I would love to give the Fins another losss and hurt their playoff chances , but I don't see how that happens. They are getting 3 defensive starters back and their online is healthy. We are short 3 OL and have a young QB back there. This game could get ugly.
I have multiple delusional Fin fan co workers willing to bet into the thousands with me that we get crushed by the Fins, as we usually bet small amounts on games. This one idiot is willing to bet 5k, his car is barley worth that. It's painfully annoying hearing how they will win out this year and the only possible bump in the road is the Pats, who they think they can beat in Miami. Then Tannehill will come to the rescue in the playoffs and win some games. This is our year, it's destiny. This is what They believe down here. Dolphins fans have to be the most delusional fans in the country.

Take a pic of the clown for us.

Based on the crowd sizes at Joe Robbie/ Land Shark/Sun Life/ Willyums Sistas/Ross-o the Clown/Xanadu South/Miramar or whatever that dump is called this week, there are only about 200 Dolphags that haven't already jumped off the Shularino bandwagon and apparently you have the misfortune of working with one of them

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

BUD LIGHT: Enjoy $5 Bud Lights, music and meet the Jets Flight Crew and Jets Legend Adrian Murrell in the Bud Light Beer Garden between SAP and Bud Light gates. 

This team.  My goodness.  Who do they not consider a legend?

Any former player that played for them. 

16 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Based on the crowd sizes at Joe Robbie/ Land Shark/Sun Life/ Willyums Sistas/Ross-o the Clown/Xanadu South/Miramar or whatever that dump is called this week, there are only about 200 Dolphags that haven't already jumped off the Shularino bandwagon and apparently you have the misfortune of working with one of them

17 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

You would be suprised how many fans have jumped back on the band wagon now that they started to win some games. They have come out of the woodwork. There are people in my workplace that I didn't even know they were Dolphins fans and as soon as they started winning I hear a supervisor say ok now I can be a Dolphins fan again.

I will snap a picture of the one fool, but there are more than one.

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Jets 63

Fins 0

Summed up nicely.

Archived