#### New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

Just now, Mogglez said:

Honestly....the pick last week bothered me more.  He's young and will for sure have that on film now.  Looked like he tried to pull up on the throw too.  Let's see how he rebounds.

Yeah I think pulling up on it was what caused the INT.  If he just went with it probably would have been on the money or overthrown

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

That was bad...

Looks like another game of the good, the bad, and the ugly from Petty.

Whoever was on the broadcast actually gave a pretty good explanation. It wasnt as bad as it looked. He picked up the blitz and was throwing too Marshall but saw Wake drop back and he did try to hold the ball, but he was already committed to the throw. Thats why it was down at Wakes feet with nobody around him. He was looking down field.

Still a bad mistake but he's basically a rookie. It's gonna happen.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Whoever was on the broadcast actually gave a pretty good explanation. It wasnt as bad as it looked. He picked up the blitz and was throwing too Marshall but saw Wake drop back and he did try to hold the ball, but he was already committed to the throw. Thats why it was down at Wakes feet with nobody around him. He was looking down field.

Atleast he was looking down the  field lol.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Doug Flutie.

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Gonna come with the territory as a young QB.  So far a lot more positive then negative from Petty.  Looking forward to see how he responds

Wish I could be so optimistic.  He was awful last week. He's awful again. And he's no rookie   He's has a season and a half to learn. Sanchez had a couple of months

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

Yeah I think pulling up on it was what caused the INT.  If he just went with it probably would have been on the money or overthrown

Just got off the phone with my dad and said that, in the two game he's played so far, the one thing I really want to see less of is the pump fakes that show some of his hesitation as a young QB. The strip sack and some other pressure situations are the perfect examples.  He has a small tendency to try too much, pump fake, spin around, try and duck sacks, etc.  Some seasoning on that steak and the turnovers will go away.

They need to start calling PI.  

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Wish I could be so optimistic.  He was awful last week. He's awful again. And he's no rookie   He's has a season and a half to learn. Sanchez had a couple of months

I ripped the kid a new a**hole last week. He has not been "awful" tonight...so far.

Archived