#### New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BrickzNY said:

And Petty responds horribly. 

Don't think that's horrible. Unlike his first couple of games where we killed him for overthrowing Anderson, he actually gave him a shot at the ball. Those plays are 50/50 if not higher for Anderson. I don't blame him for taking a shot. 

See throwing balls up over and over again doesn't work in the NFL.  It works for a bit, you get a touchdown here and there, get some big yards etc. Eventually thoughl the DBs get a rhythm and then you can get like 2-3 interceptions in a hurry and outright lose a ballgame that you should have won.

Petty won't be a starter in the league playing like this.  It makes for entertaining football, but it's not the longterm solution.

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

That was a great check by him. He underthrew it by about a half yard. I firmly believe Anderson should have caught it.

Gotta let Anderson run under that that DB was beat  .. it was underthrow .. it's fine these mistakes are expected .. 

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

I can only listen to the game, but it sounds like the first thing Petty needs to learn is there is more than just one player on the Jets he can throw the football to other than Anderson.

Oh, and this defense stinks.

Maybe if they held on to the ball, he would throw it to them more.

Just now, New York Mick said:

Petty is basically Fitz with a stronger arm. 

No he is better than that. He has a TON to learn, it will take a while but even that pick was mostly a good play. Good read, actually a decent throw, just a great pick and Anderson  is not a jump ball guy.

BTW, why does it seem we always have announcers overtly rooting got the other team in nationally televised games?

Archived