#### New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Welp I'm done with conversation .. just notice since Fitz has entered the game guys aren't running in unblocked .. 

um; they almost tackled fitz before that last time-out and they are coming at him; also, it isn't like they are worried about the deep ball with Fitz.

Just now, Paradis said:

That performance should put to bed any notion that Petty's going to earn himself reps as anything but a #2. At best. 

Blaming this game on Petty is crazy.  He looked very good in the 1st half and the second half the he made a bad play and the wheels fell off the defense.  

Petty was NOT the problem today.

Just now, Paradis said:

That performance should put to bed any notion that Petty's going to earn himself reps as anything but a #2. At best. 

What the fuuck are you talking about. He played pretty decently, he made a couple mistakes, has no OL, and is in his third start. Only idiot Jets fans

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Blaming this game on Petty is crazy.  He looked very good in the 1st half and the second half the he made a bad play and the wheels fell off the defense.  

I don't see anyone blaming this game on petty .. what am I missing ?

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

Positives:

1) Didn't hear Shell's name all game

2) Bilal Powell

3) Petty wasn't a disaster

4) Leonard Williams

that's all i have

I would say that Petty's reads were better (although his accuracy was off a bit)

Anderson made some mistakes, but had some really nice plays.

I hear the locker room guy did a bang up job tonight - so we have that going for us :-)

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

If Petty never becomes anything more than a spot starter backup, then I'm pretty happy with that.  Anything more than that out of a 4th round QB is gravy. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

The OL is a disaster area. 

Just now, johnnysd said:

What the fuuck are you talking about. He played pretty decently, he made a couple mistakes, has no OL, and is in his third start. Only idiot Jets fans

Did he hear what Tony Dungee was saying in the first half. This was his third start in the NFL. Give me a break already.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Their OL is sooo bad, that if they but Hack in he would likely get his bell run and come out in the next series wearing the PSU jersey.

On the other hand; everyone knows Miami is just going to run, so, it would be nice if we could stop them...

The OL is fine.  Petty has had time.  If he hits on some of his throws and stops checking down every other play we are +21 right now.  

Archived