#### New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Petty nut hugging is serious around here  .. I'm not there yet he still has a lot to prove to me . Good first half tho .. Later guys 

There are very encouraging things we are seeing and some bad. Typical young QB play, but he has had some very very good plays, shown some touch, and has generally made good reads, behind a terrible OL. What are people looking for?

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

And you are the expert. I know I am not the head coach but I do know if this was your third start and with no offensive line  I think you have an excuse. 

I'm not an expert but I know more than you.  Petty is in his second year and is showing he isn't  good enough despite a good Hb and WR core.  The OL is good enough to win.  

1 minute ago, elgoman said:

I'm not an expert but I know more than you.  Petty is in his second year and is showing he isn't  good enough despite a good Hb and WR core.  The OL is good enough to win.  

That is just flat out dumb and you are showing you dont know jack about football. Only Jets fans actively troll their own team.

Just now, elgoman said:

Actually, the drops were pretty bad. Petty was okay. Started good but was dominated by the dolphins second half adjustments. Nothing unusual for a young qb. He still made great throws and dealt with bad drops and bad protection. His deep ball needs work but every other throw is solid.

4 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Petty is in his 2nd year but this is his first actually playing and you know that but fail to mention it because it contradicts your idiot statement.

2 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Petty is not the answer.  The OL sucks but Petty can't see blitzes or make pre-snap reads.  All he does effectively is throw bombs on go routes to WR's at the edge of the field 

Petty hits on 2 of his underthrown deep balls we score at least 1 TD,  get 1 FG maybe and maybe one more field after Petty stops checking down so much.  That's 21+. Very doable.  Hes not good enough.  

Lol both were actually catchable and QBs throw slightly underthrown balls all the time like that and come up roses. Fitzloser could not even ATTEMPT the play

Petty hits on 2 of his underthrown deep balls we score at least 1 TD,  get 1 FG maybe and maybe one more field after Petty stops checking down so much.  That's 21+. Very doable.  Hes not good enough.  

Petty shouldn't have to score 21+ to win a game at home against a back up QB. The defense let everyone down tonight. 

2 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Your brilliance is overwhelming.

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Petty is not the answer.  The OL sucks but Petty can't see blitzes or make pre-snap reads.  All he does effectively is throw bombs on go routes to WR's at the edge of the field 

There is no possible way to know that answer. My god. Manning was a turnover machine his first year.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Shut the **** up. You don't know a lick of what you are talking about. Anderson has a 40 yard TD. He got Enuwa on a 28 yarder. He was dissecting the D on that 2 minute drive.

You shut up.  We have had receivers open deep all day and Petty keeps missing them or checking down to Powell.  That's plays left on the field.

10 points through 3 quarters is a losing effort given our WR core.  And the 2 minute drill doesn't mean anything. Defenses can't throw complex coverage in the 2 minute drill.  It's 7 on 7

3rd game with bums playing O-line and he still looks better than Sanchez, Geno or Fitz. Y'all play him like he's 11 for 35. Yes he made mistake but he obviously has the goods in some form or fashion. He needs to polish it. I see a starter in him.. guess that's just me. Give him a ******* o line worth a damn and a few more WR'a that don't fail him, another offseason to study and I bet he leads us to success

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Lol both were actually catchable and QBs throw slightly underthrown balls all the time like that and come up roses. Fitzloser could not even ATTEMPT the play

Fitz should not have been starting since Week 1.

It was clear we were going nowhere with him.

5 minutes ago, elgoman said:

The OL is total crap.  There isn't a soul on the planet that would agree with you.

Archived