#### New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

25 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Clady and Mangold injuries killed the OL.  We need to go after OT's and Centers in rounds 2-5

Correct.  And an average GM doesn't go into a season with a LT that has missed most of the last few seasons and no adequate back up for an aging and declining center.  

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I don't get these fans; after 2 crappy years and then getting punched out by his own player - how many are saying that Geno didn't get a fair chance.

3rd start behind the worst OL I have seen in pro football and we have decided Petty sucks..

You just can't make this stuff up...

Petty doesn't suck he's just not that good.

A big part of being a qb in the NFL is making pre-snap reads especially of blitzes.  Brady literally throws primadonna fits on the sidelines when he can't figure out where a blitz is coming from. 

Petty can't do that.  He's got a big arm and can move but he can't make reads.

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

All this game did was solidify my opinion that we need to get sign a veteran QB in the offseason.  Glennon please.

Oh and this entire coaching staff is GARBAGE

I know you like Glennon. And maybe there is something to him...

But a thin statue will get killed with this OL.

Not understanding the hate on Petty.

- One bad INT

- One INT where the CB made a nice play

- sacks were mostly due to untouched blitzers getting through. the problem is that as fans we don't know if Petty's pre-snap reads are to blame, or if it's a OL call.

Overall I thought he put the ball on target, held up in the face of pressure, and if his ribs aren't cracked in half, should continue to improve over the next few weeks

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

3rd game with bums playing O-line and he still looks better than Sanchez, Geno or Fitz. Y'all play him like he's 11 for 35. Yes he made mistake but he obviously has the goods in some form or fashion. He needs to polish it. I see a starter in him.. guess that's just me. Give him a ******* o line worth a damn and a few more WR'a that don't fail him, another offseason to study and I bet he leads us to success

Petty doesn't look better than 2nd year Geno at this point Imo.  Petty has better weapons and a better OC yet can only miss deep and throw check down. He's never going to start here unless Bowles wants to lose his job.  

• Thumb Down 5

1 minute ago, elgoman said:

You shut up.  We have had receivers open deep all day and Petty keeps missing them.  That's plays left on the field.  10 points through 3 quarters is a losing effort given our WR core.  And the 2 minute drill doesn't mean anything. 

Missing them!?!?!?!??!? They keep dropping the damn ball. Marshall is out there acting like he doesn't want give it 100% with Petty under center. The special teams gave up a TD the Defesne is giving up 66 yard bombs to MATT MOORE. STOP. Petty is not the problem. He shouldn't have to come bAck from 34-10 deficit. He played good and he played bad but he certainly didn't play bad enough to where you can say he isn't the guy. Let him polish.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Petty doesn't suck he's just not that good.

A big part of being a qb in the NFL is making pre-snap reads especially of blitzes.  Brady literally throws primadonna fits on the sidelines when he can't figure out where a blitz is coming from. 

Petty can't do that.  He's got a big arm and can move but he can't make reads.

I agree. All future Jet QB's should be evaluated after 3 starts.

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I don't get these fans; after 2 crappy years and then getting punched out by his own player - how many are saying that Geno didn't get a fair chance.

3rd start behind the worst OL I have seen in pro football and we have decided Petty sucks..

You just can't make this stuff up...

Statistically, there are actually quite a few teams who have worse offensive lines.

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

Correct.  And an average GM doesn't go into a season with a LT that has missed most of the last few seasons and no adequate back up for an aging and declining center.  

Tbh if we had a real qb on the roster instead of Fitzgarbage, Gayno and the two young scrubs we're probably 8-7 instead of 4-10.

Our OL isn't good but it's not terrible.  I've seen way worse Jet Offensive Lines.  1996, 2005

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, elgoman said:

Petty doesn't look better than Geno Imo.  Petty has better weapons and a better OC yet can only miss deep and throw check down.  He's never going to start here unless Bowles wants to lose his job.  

This was a stupid post.  Just stupid.

• Upvote 3

Just now, drdetroit said:

Tbh if we had a real qb on the roster instead of Fitzgarbage, Gayno and the two young scrubs we're probably 8-7 instead of 4-10.

Our OL isn't good but it's not terrible.  I've seen way worse Jet Offensive Lines.  1996, 2005

The OL is horrific - maybe you're watching the wrong game dude.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

When he was a rookie.  Petty has been in the nfl two years

That is one way to look at it, but Manning started all of those games, so you can say Manning threw a lot of INTs in his first 16 starts - Petty is on start #3. As for reading D - it often takes years for a QB to learn that, but yeah call him NOT good after 3 starts. Even Brady blows some calls...

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Petty doesn't look better than Geno Imo.  Petty has better weapons and a better OC yet can only miss deep and throw check down.  He's never going to start here unless Bowles wants to lose his job.  

He made several EXCELLENT mid range throws, some great out routes, some nice screens, some good crossing patterns. That is just a purely dumb statement.

• Upvote 3

Just now, elgoman said:

You are truly ******* stupid if you think Geno is better. Geno check down and throws a pick 6. Petty waits for his man to be open and at the last second pitches it to Powell for a good gain.. he knew the situation and what was going happen with very little time to think. That's intangibles. That's quick thinking...something Geno can only WISH to have. And he connects regularly with Anderson. This is the only game he checked down more than usual and guess what? It worked more than not. I'll take 22 yard check down from Powell all day! You are idiotic.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

The OL is total crap.  There isn't a soul on the planet that would agree with you.

Hoy sh*t! We have Jet fans who are actually saying the Oline wasn't bad, lmao! Brady would have been literally killed if he played behind this Oline. Every damn one of those guys should apologize for being so sh*tty in front of Petty. 

I hate Bowles & this is one of the most unlikeable group of players in years wearing the green & white.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Missing them!?!?!?!??!? They keep dropping the damn ball. Marshall is out there acting like he doesn't want give it 100% with Petty under center. The special teams gave up a TD the Defesne is giving up 66 yard bombs to MATT MOORE. STOP. Petty is not the problem. He shouldn't have to come bAck from 34-10 deficit. He played good and he played bad but he certainly didn't play bad enough to where you can say he isn't the guy. Let him polish.

Petty just keeps underthrowing and missing go routes.  He threw a pick on a go route because he didn't throw ahead of the receiver.  Has he had drops? Yes, but that doesn't excuse the check downs and missed throws.  Fitz has drops too.  Doesn't excuse his play.  

• Thumb Down 3

Just now, johnnysd said:

He made several EXCELLENT mid range throws, some great out routes, some nice screens, some good crossing patterns. That is just a purely dumb statement.

Petty has a big arm and it is refreshing to see that after watching Fitzgarbage for 10 weeks but he cannot make pre-snap reads.  I know he's young but look at Jameis Winston in Tampa or Wentz and Prescott.

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Lol the ol has 3 back up and the 1 starter (winters) wad benched ...please stop

• Upvote 2