#### New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Petty doesn't suck he's just not that good.

A big part of being a qb in the NFL is making pre-snap reads especially of blitzes.  Brady literally throws primadonna fits on the sidelines when he can't figure out where a blitz is coming from. 

Petty can't do that.  He's got a big arm and can move but he can't make reads.

Yeah, he can't do it...in his 3rd game. Real shocker. Explain to me  the TD play when he killed the play and found Robby. I'm done. You guys are making my blood pressure sky rocket lol...Jet fans man..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

OL sucked balls. WRs dropped passes. Powell was way better than Forte. Petty played like a promising 2-year project who missed most of his 2nd year. 

Defense laid back and snoozed on this sh*t.

I admire Petty's toughness and he has an arm but if you guys think he is the future I got some Bernie Madoff Stock to sell you

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Hoy sh*t! We have Jet fans who are actually saying the Oline wasn't bad, lmao! Brady would have been literally killed if he played behind this Oline. Every damn one of those guys should apologize for being so sh*tty in front of Petty. 

I hate Bowles & this is one of the most unlikeable group of players in years wearing the green & white.

Nah he wouldn't .. Brady gets that ball out  real fast . And he isn't falling for those disgusized blitzes or flat out leaving DE unblocked with his protection calls  . Today u saw a Bad Oline with a QB who is learning how to read defense's.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

You are truly ******* stupid if you think Geno is better. Geno check down and throws a pick 6. Petty waits for his man to be open and at the last second pitches it to Powell for a good gain.. he knew the situation and what was going happen with very little time to think. That's intangibles. That's quick thinking...something Geno can only WISH to have. And he connects regularly with Anderson. This is the only game he checked down more than usual and guess what? It worked more than not. I'll take 22 yard check down from Powell all day! You are idiotic.

You don't know what you're talking about.  Geno doesn't check down, which is his problem.  But he was a better deep passer and more accurate QB than Petty at the same stage. Petty's check downs haven't worked today as well.  We only scored 10 points in 3 quarters despite multiple chances to score more. That's not good. 

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Nah he wouldn't .. Brady gets that ball out  real fast . And he isn't falling for those disgusted blitzes. Today u saw a Bad Oline with a QB who is learning how to read defense's.

The Dolphins used the same exact blitz twice in a row.  If Petty can't see that that's an issue.

Just now, elgoman said:

You don't know what you're talking about.  Geno doesn't check down, which is his problem.  But he was a better deep passer and more accurate QB than Petty at the same stage. Petty's check downs haven't worked today as well.  We only scored 10 points in 3 quarters despite multiple chances to score more. That's not good. 

Please someone post .gifs of Geno's horrid check down plays and put this guy to bed.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Dear Fellow Jets Fans 

This team is bad in all aspects of the game of football. 

Todd Bowles needs to be fired. 

Bryce Petty is not the answer. 

Bilal Powell should be the feature RB. 

Wow, some jets fans know what they are talking about.  How refreshing.

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Petty has a big arm and it is refreshing to see that after watching Fitzgarbage for 10 weeks but he cannot make pre-snap reads.  I know he's young but look at Jameis Winston in Tampa or Wentz and Prescott.

Are you serious? Did you see how quick the pressure was in his face or the free runs defenders had at him? 

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Nah he wouldn't .. Brady gets that ball out  real fast . And he isn't falling for those disgusted blitzes. Today u saw a Bad Oline with a QB who is learning how to read defense's.

Brady and other longtime vets have a lot more say over protection packages.  They also know how to manipulate people into stalling their blitz packages, and finally they have years of experience in pocket presence and know when to step up to avoid getting their ribs caved in.  Obviously pretty different than our situation.

Just now, Hael said:

Brady and other longtime vets have a lot more say over protection packages.  They also know how to manipulate people into stalling their blitz packages, and finally they have years of experience in pocket presence and know when to step up to avoid getting their ribs caved in.  Obviously pretty different than our situation.

Wake and Suh unblocked with their ears pinned back is gonna get any QB clobbered.

4 minutes ago, bd71 said:

Not sure why everyone is all over Petty.  The offensive line is garbage.  He had receivers dropping passes.  He's just a rookie who can't be judged based on a couple of games.  

Because they are following Bowles lead.

He is responsible for this CRAP... PERIOD!!!

At least Bowles said that he is 100% responsible.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Please someone post .gifs of Geno's horrid check down plays and put this guy to bed.

Geno rarely checks down.  Most of his picks come from other plays like down the seam or triple coverage.  He will generally take a sack or throw into coverage than check down.  Prove your point and  show evidence Geno throws his picks checking down. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I can't stand some of you.. I cannot believe you wanna run this kid out of town in his 3rd start. He has made some great adjustments and some bad ones..you aren't 100% wrong on the reading D part but you are wrong to some extent. He has done well.

He doesn't have what it takes its quite obvious. Time to move on. 

1 minute ago, Hael said:

Agreed and that's all I'm saying you have a Young QB being a Young QB combo with a bad Oline it made it worse .. I'm not mad at him at all . He had a solid first half 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

He doesn't have what it takes its quite obvious. Time to move on. 

Thanks head scout Willy! What would we do without you! A guy who can tell what a players ceiling is after 3 games ...dude the jets should sign you. We could go places in this league with a know it all like you.

Archived