#### New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Haven't you heard Petty will never be anything ever. It's been decided that he sux based on his many starts. He also was responsible for the loss tonight. LOL

What a piece of sh*t QB. Who let's themselves get sacked by two guys untouched. Who the hell lets their WR's drop passes like that? I wanna know.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What a piece of sh*t QB. Who let's themselves get sacked by two guys untouched. Who the hell lets their WR's drop passes like that? I wanna know.

That was a new 1 for me tonight. I have never seen the whole OL just sit there when the ball is snapped. Unreal.

What the fuuck are you talking about. He played pretty decently, he made a couple mistakes, has no OL, and is in his third start. Only idiot Jets fans

Fck off. Idiot jet fans? Only idiots period would continue to make excuses for what obviously isn't. I guarantee you this late year audition is the last time Petty starts games for anyone, barring injuries. His placement, touch and down field accuracy is not NFL caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaming this game on Petty is crazy.  He looked very good in the 1st half and the second half the he made a bad play and the wheels fell off the defense.  
Petty was NOT the problem today.

Lol. Right on man. How many balls does Petty have to throw before he hits his target? I think he hit Robbie on the 6th try a few games ago. He only missed 80% of his deep throws this week.

It's not about winning games, or dodging pass rushers. I know what to expect from the team in this scenario. This has to do with what happens when he DOES have the time. When the ball does come out like lame duck. He's literally just chucking it.

But hey. Apparently he's blowing socks off...

Also, he accidentally slid to the 4th round.

Contrary to recorded evidence, He's been incredibly accurate in practice.

And he actually did out play Geno in the summer.

And he never throws picks on chuck and prays...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Well $hit.  That was a wasted night.  

Highlight was ice skating in the parking lot.  (Have they ever heard of salt?)

More fish fans than Jet fans.  Ugh, not easy being green sometimes.

Get to work Woody.  You got a lot to do.

Too busy packing his bags for the U.K. ******* lame duck owner. SELL TEAM ALREADY TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT WINNING.

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The QB stirs the drink without a legit QB we have nothing.

8 hours ago, RSJ said:

Idk how you guys can judge any player on this team. This coaching is horrible.

8 hours ago, Pcola said:

I'd have a hard time believing very many QBs could have success. Whined this OL.  Doesn't matter what they do at QB this offseason if they don't overhaul both tackles and center.

We havent had a QB that has had any success since 2010 so  as stated by RSJ and PCola, I reserve judgement on Petty per se as he is a rookie.  Did he look good?  Of course not but who would have?

We as a team are simply not very good and as Ive stated for 25 years..its management.  Our poor drafting and poor player development has a result.  We are seeing it. Especially with this coach. He is awful.

Thankfully the NFL season is over. Time for a nice long vacation from awful Jet football, boring four hour snoozefests filled with commercial timeouts and multiple screwups by the incompetent and/or crooked amateurs in striped shirts

Do I care who wins the boring 5 hour Super Snooze? No

Maybe I will look in around the draft unless the Rangers are getting ready for playoff hockey or the Mets are playing a regular season baseball game.

Anyhow, time for me to chill and let others bicker, name call and attack

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ALL the loyal Jet fans here and to Max and all the mods who do the hard work of making this place the best.

10 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I admire Petty's toughness and he has an arm but if you guys think he is the future I got some Bernie Madoff Stock to sell you

Talking about him as 'the future' is casual fan naïveté 

He's shown some promise, that's all I'm saying. He's clearly not an elite player right now, and I have no clue if he becomes one. 

I like him. Hope he continues to improve.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

We havent had a QB that has had any success since 2010 so  as stated by RSJ and PCola, I reserve judgement on Petty per se as he is a rookie.  Did he look good?  Of course not but who would have?

We as a team are simply not very good and as Ive stated for 25 years..its management.  Our poor drafting and poor player development has a result.  We are seeing it. Especially with this coach. He is awful.

Petty did have a good first half.  Miami made adjustments and either we didn't or our OL was so limited we couldn't.

17 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

When is the last time you saw a QB get hit like that?

You can't develop any young QB if you let him take shots like this and let free runners at him.

I wasn't talking about one play.  what has this guy been doing since he left high school 7 years ago ?

7 years.....

Archived