Welcome to Rebuilding 101

UnitedWhofans

Right so rebuilding means all your high priced vets suck   I wish you would quit with this prattle.  This teams as constructed was not all in rebuold mode, not at all.   the only reason you can use the young player excsue now is the jets utterly failed and have 4 wins

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Right so rebuilding means all your high priced vets suck   I wish you would quit with this prattle.  This teams as constructed was not all in rebuold mode, not at all.   the only reason you can use the young player excsue now is the jets utterly failed and have 4 wins

And stay in the game thread during the game. There's nothing about this post that made it so novel it belonged by itself. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

OP is saying the rebuild has begun... finally.

No more mirages and wasting time chasing a 10-6 wildcard squad with zero chance to win a SB.

FOUR. YEAR. PLAN.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And you know why that was?

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

No more mirages and wasting time chasing a 10-6 wildcard squad with zero chance to win a SB.

FOUR. YEAR. PLAN.

No he is saying, we are in rebulld mode so don;t dare say a bad thing about this lousy team!  Free pass!  Our vets and the coaching are what is totally awful on this team

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

How many times have I gone through this?

Because the last GM who tried it got run out of town. Idzik tried it and got run out of town. 

So Maccagnan will have better success by doing the same thing after wasting a ton of money and picks and two full years of everyone's life?

We wasted 5 years trying to be competitive. We should've started a true rebuild back in 2012. Then we started a rebuild in 2013 we overachieve and go 8-8, then 4-12, Woody cleans house and they become a win now team in '15 and '16. Hopefully they realize that it's time to bite the bullet and begin developing young players. 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No he is saying, we are in rebulld mode so don;t dare say a bad thing about this lousy team!  Free pass!  Our vets and the coaching are what is totally awful on this team

I agree.  Dump most of the vets, and the HC.

Oh yeah...and no STBing.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I want to find reason to keep Bowles because I'm tired of the turnover but this is a poorly coached team.  No attention to detail, discipline issues every other week, vets that are checked out, poor clock mgmt, no feel for gameday...

There is no reason to keep Bowles.  Not one.

The vets did a great job last year and our record showed it ! This year every vet has had a down year or a plain terrible year.
Qb- terrible
Wr- hurt and/or terrible
Te- ?
Oline- injuries to almost every position
D-line - the supposed strength of this team , what a joke
LB- i expected some growing pains with 2 rookies and and a 2nd year player as starters
CB - Revis island has officially closed for business . Safety play possibly worse in the league

All the vets gotta go and time to rebuild the right way not some smoke and mirrors parlor trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowles has to go, very few players are actually playing for him, and more of the same if he stays. I'd fire Bowles, cut the high priced vets, and bring in the old man Tom C, with a hand picked successor. He's no nonscene guy, let the Team know who runs the place.

We need to rebuild now, I can live with that. I can't live with any more weak Todd Bowles BS! Honestly anyone who watches this just can't say this is not Kotite like.

27 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Bowles has to go, very few players are actually playing for him, and more of the same if he stays. I'd fire Bowles, cut the high priced vets, and bring in the old man Tom C, with a hand picked successor. He's no nonscene guy, let the Team know who runs the place.

We need to rebuild now, I can live with that. I can't live with any more weak Todd Bowles BS! Honestly anyone who watches this just can't say this is not Kotite like.

Many are blaming Bowels and surely there is justifiable reason.  But again, this is not entirely on Bowles.  Blame must also go to Mac for putting this shameful roster together.  His 2 drafts have SUCKED. He wastes a #1 on a tiny weenie lb and a #2 on a developmental QB that wouldn't have been drafted until the 4th round or later in all likelihood.  His free agents signings have been abysmal.  He has not addressed key areas and spent a fortune on overpriced free agents who haven't delivered.  We are not even close to sniffing a competent starting QB who can carry this team.  The OL is a total  wreck, old, inexperienced and underperforming.  The swiss cheese secondary has got to be the worst in football. and one of the most expensive.  We have ZERO pass rush. We have no break away back. About all we can do decently is stop the run because we spent a top draft pick on yet another DL player that was a total luxury.  Bottom line, this team is horrible and is lights years from being really competitive.  It was a miracle they went 10-6 last year. They could have easily gone 6-10.  The aura at the Dolphin game was at an all time low. Pathetic, embarrassing, amateurish. This team has lost all will to compete.  The fans need to revolt like they did when Idziot wasted draft pick after draft pick.  Even Idziot had the sense to create cap space and set the team up to acquire FA's .  Mac has wasted his resources.  I have zero faith in him or Bowles.  We must get a top line coach in here ala Parcells in his prime and hand him the keys. A Gruden or Harbaugh type who can identify talent and groom a QB.  A no nonsense bona fide winner.  This is NY NOT Cleveland.  P.S....and Starbucks sucks.             

FOUR. YEAR. PLAN.

I think we all got delusional after last year.
I have the stomach for the rebuild, I waited 9 years for the Mets to make the playoffs

9 hours ago, dbatesman said:

If we're rebuilding, why did we spend so much money and so many draft picks on veterans?

Because by salary cap rules the Jets HAD TO SPEND a certain amount of $$ when Macc and Bowles took over. They took a 2 year approach to being competitive with high priced FA acquisitions, while at the same time adding young talent (Williams, Jenkins,, Lee, Anderson, Peake, Shell, Burris etc.). A more true rebuild will begin more full force next year

1 hour ago, SBBound said:

Because by salary cap rules the Jets HAD TO SPEND a certain amount of $$ when Macc and Bowles took over. They took a 2 year approach to being competitive with high priced FA acquisitions, while at the same time adding young talent (Williams, Jenkins,, Lee, Anderson, Peake, Shell, Burris etc.). A more true rebuild will begin more full force next year

Don't get the Macc hate, do get the Bowles hate. The roster isn't the worst in football, but the coach lost the team. If the players won't play your done. This lot mailed it in some time ago. Man I can't even watch the pressers anymore.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think Bowles is getting fired. He basically fell on his sword.

This is a BIG draft for Maccagnan. His first couple of drafts have been okay.

Macc came into a very tough situation, no QB, an old LT, Center, MLB, no secondary, no pass rushers, no good young players. Our 7th round pick is our only GOOD started out of how many draft picks under Idzik? We now know that Calvin Pryor is a bust, Sheldumb Richardson is awful human being & is such a twit we'll be lucky to get a 5th rounder (just like us getting Marshall).

Theres literally nothing left from the past administration. I also think Bowles is a terrible head coach & this team quit on him long ago. The Patriot game was their last hurrah & Bowles no doubt used the flexing of that game out of primetime to embarrass them for some effort. The NY Jets are back to being a national embarrassment to the City itself, it's fans, and the nation who had to endure some of the worst Primetime football ever witnessed (the Colts game must have been like switch was turned off after that 2nd TD as TVs were changed immediately all over the country to reruns of the Big Bang Theory). Jets are back to the bottom of the NFL. Woody Johnson & no one else is to blame. 

8 hours ago, YouPlay2Win said:

The vets did a great job last year and our record showed it ! This year every vet has had a down year or a plain terrible year.
Qb- terrible
Wr- hurt and/or terrible
Te- ?
Oline- injuries to almost every position
D-line - the supposed strength of this team , what a joke
LB- i expected some growing pains with 2 rookies and and a 2nd year player as starters
CB - Revis island has officially closed for business . Safety play possibly worse in the league

All the vets gotta go and time to rebuild the right way not some smoke and mirrors parlor trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah because rebuilding with younger players who haven't been coached to "communicate" or use proper "technique" is sure going to turn this ship around. Sorry, not buying it. You can give this moron coaching staff 10 years and it will still look the same.

I was all about continuity, not blowing things up every 2 years, etc.

At this point, the team looks more confused than at the beginning of the season. Only excuse I can see is that all of the young players are playing more, but how can we be this bad? Maybe it is time for a new HC - at least the DC should go.

Archived