If Harbaugh becomes available you do everything to get him.

CobraVerde

I want to believe in Bowles but if Jim Harbaugh becomes available I say screw the relationship and screw what the halfass players want. Get Harbaugh and give him whatever he wants let him make this team tough again and at least whoever is at QB will actually learn something. Gailey is not going to help anyone who steps in there. 

I hate Harbaugh. I think he is a d***. I always thought I would rather loose than have a jacka** like that coach my team.

But, after tonight, I may have been a little quick with that judgment.

I think Rex is a clown, but at least for 2 years this team was playing in January; it was time for him to go, but we are just a joke now. I am glad the circus left town, but unfortunately, the playoffs and the swagger left town with it.

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Good coach but also polarizing and rubs some players the wrong way.  Switching to Kap in 2012 ruined his NFL coaching career.

Nonsense. 49er's should have won the SB under Kap had the refs called the pass play correctly. After Harbaugh left, Kap has never been the same. Harbaugh would be perfect for the Jets. He takes no prisoners and is a QB guru.  He is exactly what this franchise needs.

15 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ha this is funny.. first I doubt he will leave so soon.. 2nd he could have huge field decisions of where he would want to couch.. I gotta imagine jets aren't on top of the list.. even bill bellicheck couldn't bring this team to .500 next year  

BB could bring the amount of times opponents headsets malfunction in our stadium to 500 next year 

Harbaugh loves Michigan, he won't leave unfortunately.  But yes, obviously he is one of the few truly great head coaches in the league and you do everything to get a guy like that, b/c it changes everything.

Having said that, I'm still ok with Bowles for one more year.  I want to see how he handles a real rebuild with his young players, and not holdover veterans from another era who don't play for him.

Gus Bradley is available. He couldn't do any worse with this defense. He had to learn something from his 48 losses right? That's what we'll be saying about Bowles 8 games in next year, "he must be learning something from 20 losses out of his last 24 games, right?". 

21 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He said he wasn't leaving no matter what....but Gruden wants to coach again...particularly a high profile team . Jets baby.

Gruden has no interest in coaching. He just likes having his ego inflated each year.

Harbaugh isn't leaving Michigan.

The guy is 44 and 19 in the NFL and that includes and 8 and 8 season. Think about that, his train wreck of a season he was 8 and 8. Kap is basically done in this at the ripe old age of 29. That is how poorly he has performed since Harbaugh moved on.

If your team is coached by someone not named Bill Belichick, you should be trying to get Harbaugh if you can.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

The guy is 44 and 19 in the NFL and that includes and 8 and 8 season. Think about that, his train wreck of a season he was 8 and 8. Kap is basically done in this at the ripe old age of 29. That is how poorly he has performed since Harbaugh moved on.

If your team is coached by someone not named Bill Belichick, you should be trying to get Harbaugh if you can.

Could not agree more.

On 12/17/2016 at 11:52 PM, CobraVerde said:

I want to believe in Bowles but if Jim Harbaugh becomes available I say screw the relationship and screw what the halfass players want. Get Harbaugh and give him whatever he wants let him make this team tough again and at least whoever is at QB will actually learn something. Gailey is not going to help anyone who steps in there. 

Forget "if he becomes available".  Make him become available.  If it takes 20m a year, do it.  A great coach can make an ordinary team good, a good team great and a great team unbelievable.  There is no salary cap on coaches either so they amount really doesn't matter.  

Harbaugh got the 49ers to the super bowl with kaepernick.  We all thought he was good then but look at him since.  He got UofMich to 6 in the country with no QB and really no offense.  

36 minutes ago, aec4 said:

Forget "if he becomes available".  Make him become available.  If it takes 20m a year, do it.  A great coach can make an ordinary team good, a good team great and a great team unbelievable.  There is no salary cap on coaches either so they amount really doesn't matter.  

Harbaugh got the 49ers to the super bowl with kaepernick.  We all thought he was good then but look at him since.  He got UofMich to 6 in the country with no QB and really no offense.  

Exactly on point about the money. Cut Revis & give Harbaugh what we paid his lazy azz the last 2 years. Give him 25 million per but it's got to be a 5 year contract. Give him the keys to NY City.

No problem with cutting Revis but player salary and coach salary are not even remotely dependent on one another.  Coaches' salary comes out of the owners' pocket, period.  Player salary is regulated by the league and is a roster allocation issue.     

You can't bring player salary into this discussion.

3 hours ago, aec4 said:

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Exactly on point about the money. Cut Revis & give Harbaugh what we paid his lazy azz the last 2 years. Give him 25 million per but it's got to be a 5 year contract. Give him the keys to NY City.

Harbaugh would probably pay for himself. Because once the Jets are good again, the stadium would be full. Lots of new fans needing jerseys.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Harbaugh would probably pay for himself. Because once the Jets are good again, the stadium would be full. Lots of new fans needing jerseys.

Unfortunately Woody is too dumb to do this plus he's preoccupied with being the Ambassador to Stupidworld

16 hours ago, Jetster said:

Doesn't work that way in NY football city.  Coaches only get two years to turn things around here before their heads are being served up on a platter. 

Archived