If Harbaugh becomes available you do everything to get him.

CobraVerde

Harbaugh is not leaving Michigan. At least until his kids graduate. He wants to create a legacy and what better place than a storied program like Michigan? Unless he wins a National Championship in the next couple of seasons he is going nowhere.

I say they should look at Scott Linehan. An offensive coach with a ton of experience since his last head coaching gig. I could see him building a team and the job he has done with a rookie QB has been awesome. The Jets would be foolish to keep Bowles and let the opportunity pass to get a guy who could be a great HC. Time to try an offensive minded coach as We can see where going with defense minded coaches has gotten us.

On 12/18/2016 at 7:52 AM, CobraVerde said:

I want to believe in Bowles but if Jim Harbaugh becomes available I say screw the relationship and screw what the halfass players want. Get Harbaugh and give him whatever he wants let him make this team tough again and at least whoever is at QB will actually learn something. Gailey is not going to help anyone who steps in there. 

Yes indeed. Woody do not let this opportunity slip by.

On 12/20/2016 at 9:34 AM, thshadow said:

I think we should pursue him, but if he turns us down, we should give Bowles an extension to soothe his hurt feelings.

That is a lose-lose situation. Cut Bowles loose so he can pursue any other job opening. Get him as afar away from the Jets as possible. Give Harbargh the keys to the state (not that its that much its still New jersey). Interview him and don't let him leave the site until you have a deal. This guy can develop our future QB who isn't on the roster yet. He would make the team tough unlike Bowles who lost the locker room. Let Harbaugh and Macc get a draft strategy to keep our team flush with talent. 

5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Harbaugh is not leaving Michigan. At least until his kids graduate. He wants to create a legacy and what better place than a storied program like Michigan? Unless he wins a National Championship in the next couple of seasons he is going nowhere.

I say they should look at Scott Linehan. An offensive coach with a ton of experience since his last head coaching gig. I could see him building a team and the job he has done with a rookie QB has been awesome. The Jets would be foolish to keep Bowles and let the opportunity pass to get a guy who could be a great HC. Time to try an offensive minded coach as We can see where going with defense minded coaches has gotten us.

That could work. I prefer someone now that has had previous head coaching experience. Bowles, Rex, Mangini, Edwards, Groh all fizzed out.

12 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

maybe on linehan.  young enough with previous hc experience.  he had a bad qb situation with the rams when he was there.

On 12/18/2016 at 10:14 PM, Maxman said:

The guy is 44 and 19 in the NFL and that includes and 8 and 8 season. Think about that, his train wreck of a season he was 8 and 8. Kap is basically done in this at the ripe old age of 29. That is how poorly he has performed since Harbaugh moved on.

If your team is coached by someone not named Bill Belichick, you should be trying to get Harbaugh if you can.

The HarBowl was still one of the greatest super bowls in recent memory. 

On 12/18/2016 at 0:28 AM, Patriot Killa said:

He said he wasn't leaving no matter what....but Gruden wants to coach again...particularly a high profile team . Jets baby.

After the Monday night debacle against Indy when Gruden insulted the Jets players and questioned their desire, there is NO WAY Gruden comes to the Jets. I think he would rather gargle raw sewage.

Harbaugh is definitely one of the few coaches I would tear everything down for. But he's not coming to the NFL any time soon. Bowles gets another year or two, depending on the direction of the team. If we're rebuilding next season then he may get a little more leeway. If we field a "win now team" and he flops again then he may get canned at the end of next season. 

48 minutes ago, August said:

Harbaugh is definitely one of the few coaches I would tear everything down for. But he's not coming to the NFL any time soon. Bowles gets another year or two, depending on the direction of the team. If we're rebuilding next season then he may get a little more leeway. If we field a "win now team" and he flops again then he may get canned at the end of next season. 

Harbaugh's current salary is $9 mil.  

If I was Woody I'd go visit him at Ann Arbor and say come work for me and I'll double your salary and make you both Head Coach and GM and leave you completely alone.

Harbaugh's current salary is $9 mil.  

If I was Woody I'd go visit him at Ann Arbor and say come work for me and I'll double your salary and make you both Head Coach and GM and leave you completely alone.

"Hello Khakis, it's the big Woodrow. Come coach my team 4 years 100m and an exclusive contract from Dockers. "

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 12/17/2016 at 11:52 PM, CobraVerde said:

I want to believe in Bowles but if Jim Harbaugh becomes available I say screw the relationship and screw what the halfass players want. Get Harbaugh and give him whatever he wants let him make this team tough again and at least whoever is at QB will actually learn something. Gailey is not going to help anyone who steps in there. 

Thank you Mr Obvious !!!

7 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I hope they hire a HC thatt could actually have a doudle digit win total season with a QB like Fitz...wait a minute!

Yeah he did that. With a last place schedule and did not have the killer instinct to beat a Bills team that basically knocked them out of the playoffs. Hey maybe they sweep the Bills this year....one year too late. Sorry but Bowles has been exposed. Holy Moley I found a word that rhymes with Bowles!! I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yeah he did that. With a last place schedule and did not have the killer instinct to beat a Bills team that basically knocked them out of the playoffs. Hey maybe they sweep the Bills this year....one year too late. Sorry but Bowles has been exposed. Holy Moley I found a word that rhymes with Bowles!! I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!

So it's luck when he wins and bad coaching when he loses. Real fair evaluation. LOL

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Desperate organizations press the panic button

16 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

So it's luck when he wins and bad coaching when he loses. Real fair evaluation. LOL

No. Bowles was out coached in both games they lost during the 10-6 campaign. Hell he couldn't motivate his team to beat a Bills team that was going nowhere to make the playioffs. Win and in. He couldn't pull that off. It was bad coaching when they beat the Bills this year. Rex's chubby doppleganger was the culprit this time. The guys a scrub as a defensive coach. Honestly I can't understand how anyone can defend Bowles. The guy will probably be here next season but I dont expect him to finish his contract.

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

No. Bowles was out coached in both games they lost during the 10-6 campaign. Hell he couldn't motivate his team to beat a Bills team that was going nowhere to make the playioffs. Win and in. He couldn't pull that off. It was bad coaching when they beat the Bills this year. Rex's chubby doppleganger was the culprit this time. The guys a scrub as a defensive coach. Honestly I can't understand how anyone can defend Bowles. The guy will probably be here next season but I dont expect him to finish his contract.

So the 10 games he won he did nothing but he was out coached when he lost. Idiotic!

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

So the 10 games he won he did nothing but he was out coached when he lost. Idiotic!

You have got to be kidding. I never said anything about his coaching in the 10 games they won. I said he was out coached in the 2 Bills games. Even with the PLAYOFFS on the line He could not beat the Bills. I said he won 10 games with a soft schedule. Which is the truth BTW. I never graded his coaching performance in any other games but the Bills games. Take your head out of your arse and read what is written and then comment on it. Wow some people just don't get it do they?

44 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You have got to be kidding. I never said anything about his coaching in the 10 games they won. I said he was out coached in the 2 Bills games. Even with the PLAYOFFS on the line He could not beat the Bills. I said he won 10 games with a soft schedule. Which is the truth BTW. I never graded his coaching performance in any other games but the Bills games. Take your head out of your arse and read what is written and then comment on it. Wow some people just don't get it do they?

Stop being a wise ass, give some responsibility to the players like Fitz throwing 3 picks. Idiocy!

Archived